• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

The clever bit is that we've already paid for half the stadium (£200m on land acquisition and groundworks). That's why we've had zero net spend on transfer for 7 years.

3 more years of austerity and the naming rights/NFL money/selling the Spurs Lodge site etc. means we could possibly be debt free by the time the stadium opens. No decade of pain afterwards like Arsenal

Where does that 200m figure come from?

Where does that 200m figure come from?

From the Olympic stadium bid. The stadium was quoted as £250m to build at Wembley, or £450m to build at Tottenham - the difference was the land purchasing and groundworks (which we've now done, and cleared the debts on).

ENIC was specifically created to buy us. Tavistock is the parent company: http://www.tavistock.com/portfolio/

Nope your wrong

ENIc was set up to buy stakes in various sporting ventures but aortic,Italy football including stakes in Rangers and one of the Prague teams that I know of . We were their last and largest purchase as they brought us almost outright in the end

And yes Tavistock owns shares in ENIC

That was the groundworks contract we awarded. The land acquisition has been happening slowly for more than a decade.

What!!!!! £70m on groundwork

You would build a new town for that

The groundwork contract would be nowwhere near that man. For a start there is no remediation. It's a pretty straight forward job. I'll see if I can find out the as let figure through the contraction journal for you

And buying the whole of the area around the ground including the school and the Hugh road wouldn't have cost £200m

What!!!!! £70m on groundwork

You would build a new town for that

The groundwork contract would be nowwhere near that man. For a start there is no remediation. It's a pretty straight forward job. I'll see if I can find out the as let figure through the contraction journal for you

And buying the whole of the area around the ground including the school and the Hugh road wouldn't have cost £200m

Nah it looks like Gutterboy has done some extensive research mate - 450 minus 250 is 200, which obviously means we've already spent that money on the existing build

:p

Nah it looks like Gutterboy has done some extensive research mate - 450 minus 250 is 200, which obviously means we've already spent that money on the existing build

:p

Indeed. I've said it before but this is what I open for a bloody living... I may be on holiday and have been drinking today but I thought I was actually hallucinating with those numbers

I'd be on the phone to the club myself offering my services

Nope your wrong

ENIc was set up to buy stakes in various sporting ventures but aortic,Italy football including stakes in Rangers and one of the Prague teams that I know of . We were their last and largest purchase as they brought us almost outright in the end

And yes Tavistock owns shares in ENIC

As far as I know ENIC were floated back in 97 so as you say they were already buying up sports interests before getting us.

As far as I know ENIC were floated back in 97 so as you say they were already buying up sports interests before getting us.

It's public knowledge as they were a listed company and declared their investments

And it was Kondar that they set up to buy out the remaining shares in the club

image.jpg

All I know is that we made a profit last year of 60m didn't we. That alone for the next 5 years of 60m + should pay for what remains to pay and that's without the naming rights etc surely.

By 2020 under the same guidance there is no reason that we cannot do 60m each season and pile it into the stadium. 300m+

This new TV deal has really come at the right time.

I love the interior and all the other associated released details BUT

(and i may be the first to say it) as a stadium design thats neither iconic or particuarly beautiful (and as for the jumble of flats at the south end hmmm)

you may like it because its new and hot of the architects mac and its rolled together with the other genuinely fantastic and groundbreaking news but its not doing it for me. I was more impressed when the old design first surfaced (and thats not me saying i wold like that design now btw)

The new proposal looks fantastic! I'm not Levy's biggest fan, but he's starting to make me a bit less cynical and skeptical about himself and Enic after seeing the plan for the new stadium.

Ok, brand spanking new stadium, increasing capacity by 70%, NFL games, concerts, etc. What exactly will this mean to Spurs?

We'll obviously have a lot more financial power in 5-10 years. The stadium is already exciting our current players, based on Twitter reactions. Bigger wages and the best stadium in the country...surely we'll be able to attract better players than today?

How good can we get? Will we be able to overtake the financially doped clubs? Is this the start of a golden era for Spurs? Or will we simply consolidate our status as a top five club, possibly being slightly stronger in our fight for top four and CL qualification.

I will certainly miss WHL and I fully sympathise with Roy's views on this development, but this has made me really excited about the future of the club. Maybe, just maybe, I'll experience a league win in my lifetime. I never thought I would, but now I think I might.

This is the most likely in my opinion. No offence, but the top 4 are not simply going to sit back and allow us to overtake. One of Chelsea's past times is buying players that we want just because they can and so that we can't. Man United's training wear sponsorship deal dwarfs what most clubs earn on their actual playing kit, just think about that for a second. Emirates Marketing Project are Emirates Marketing Project and have an owner who appears to be there for the forseeable future. And Arsenal pride themselves on finishing above us.

I personally find the letter to they FA cringe worthy

They will either let us play there to they won't and I dint think a letter from a supporters trust will make a jot of difference expect highlight an element of desperation

The influence will be financial for their benefit or political and neither are gonna be influenced by this

I also doubt strongly that they can adapt the infrastructure at Wembley for a game every other week at the moment without a big change in the internal structure, even for 50000 capacity events

Every operating procedure for the ground has been established for full 90 k events a small ish number

It could be managed but would need a whole new team to do so

There is also no chance IMO of them letting two teams have it at the same time

Me too. Even Levy's comments sounded like he was almost resigned to losing out to Chelsea, and that says something coming from such an astute businessman.

I love the interior and all the other associated released details BUT

(and i may be the first to say it) as a stadium design thats neither iconic or particuarly beautiful (and as for the jumble of flats at the south end hmmm)

you may like it because its new and hot of the architects mac and its rolled together with the other genuinely fantastic and groundbreaking news but its not doing it for me. I was more impressed when the old design first surfaced (and thats not me saying i wold like that design now btw)

The flats won't last 20 years. They'll be build out of cardboard and staples like most new blocks of flats.

As far as I'm aware we've already paid for all the land and are debt free in that respect. I'm not sure about the deal for the grounds works if we have taken a loan out for that or not. But using some complete guess work I'd imagine the naming rights deal will be the biggest of its kind as it would combine premier league and NFL. Looking at a list of naming rights deal I could find a couple of American stadiums have 20year $400m deals so $20m a year(£13m roughly). Ok we don't have a whole NFL season teams normally play 8 home games but you'd need to add that unique factor of the London effect and the added media these games get. Add in that it will be the stadium for us in a league shown all over the world then I reckon we could get anywhere between £15-20m a season over a ten year period/deal, not including shirt sponsorship. If we managed that I'd imagine that would pay for most of the stadium as this would Be a completely new revenue avenue this wouldn't effect our current avenues and also the increased revenues from match day revenues etc..
I know that this is completely guesswork but there isn't really a comparison for a stadium that is incorporating two huge sports spanning two continents.

That's not taking into consideration there will likely be some profit from the flats they build. Although will we build them ourselves or sell the deal to a company which builds homes/flats.

Back