• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Think I'm right that im the only one who lives in Tottenham? With my mum whose lived here for 43 years. Ive said in previous threads ive become disillusioned with modern football. Not sure how I feel to be honest. You guys are here 19 times a year give or take. Im here 3/4 days a week between work and being with the missus.

Also being a traditionalist I like WHL just the way it is. Guess im the only one feeling a bit sad.

Ill always love THFC.

Think I'm right that im the only one who lives in Tottenham? With my mum whose lived here for 43 years. Ive said in previous threads ive become disillusioned with modern football. Not sure how I feel to be honest. You guys are here 19 times a year give or take. Im here 3/4 days a week between work and being with the missus.

Also being a traditionalist I like WHL just the way it is. Guess im the only one feeling a bit sad.

Ill always love THFC.

Interesting post Roy.

Can you detail why you feel the way you do, in terms of the WHL ground redevelopments?
Is it to do with the effect on the local area (or lack of)?

The plans are obviously amazing. But not to someone who doesn't want a shiny new stadium like me.

im genuinely sorry for bringing a downer in the thread by the way

I guess im just reluctant to accept the area will finally get some direction - it's been a crime happy brick hole all my 31 years.

I can only hope it does have a positive impact but doubt the scum living in the area will care.

The plans are obviously amazing. But not to someone who doesn't want a shiny new stadium like me.

im genuinely sorry for bringing a downer in the thread by the way

I guess im just reluctant to accept the area will finally get some direction - it's been a crime happy crud hole all my 31 years.

I can only hope it does have a positive impact but doubt the scum living in the area will care.
The money being spent on the regeneration of harringey can not do anything but bring positivity to the area

Does anyone think it will be possible to expand the stadium in the future for a bigger capacity if we want, I'd guess they'd design it so that it's possible.

Probably not required, honestly the number of seats about 60K is not that relevant (above 36K even, a lot of the income difference is based on additional corporate facilities/boxes), 60K creates enough seating and atmosphere to be in the top 5 in England for some time.

By 2018, the view to future revenue will be completely tv rights/sponsorship vs. add a few more bums to the seats.

The money being spent on the regeneration of harringey can not do anything but bring positivity to the area

Clearly, Levy is making Tottenham a tourist attraction, which will mean business opportunities and jobs, the area will be unscaled very quickly.

The only real question in scenarios like that are, do the poor come along for the journey, or do they just get bought out and move somewhere else? and that is something Spurs cannot be held accountable for (doing their part with housing/schools)

Clearly, Levy is making Tottenham a tourist attraction, which will mean business opportunities and jobs, the area will be unscaled very quickly.

The only real question in scenarios like that are, do the poor come along for the journey, or do they just get bought out and move somewhere else? and that is something Spurs cannot be held accountable for (doing their part with housing/schools)

There is no doubt that is going to happen. I lived just down the road in Walthamstow, with its Tube links and speed into the city and proximity to the centre it went through the roof with house prices and rent.

The same will happen to Tottenham. It has good links into town, as the area gets better the prices will go up, scum will move out but also the less well off and the area will improve. But the less well off will be moved on. Its certainly an area to buy in if you can live with the transitional period. For example property went up by 50% in Walthamstow in the last 5 years.

I Like this one from the Supporters' Trust. Both the Trust and the club also want individual fans to write to Greg Dyke. Help the club get Wembley!

Greg Dyke
Chairman
The Football Association
Wembley Stadium
Wembley
London
SW1P 9EQ

By email: chairman@thefa.com
8th July 2015

Dear Greg,

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club ground share – Season 2017/18

We’re writing to you as the independent but officially-recognised Supporters’ Trust at Tottenham Hotspur to urge you to back our efforts to secure a deal to enable our club to play at Wembley for the 2017/18 season while our home at White Hart Lane is rebuilt.
In multiple surveys carried out by the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust, the overwhelming majority of fans surveyed expressed a preference for the Club to play at Wembley during the year away from White Hart Lane.

We know the Club has been speaking to Wembley, but that no agreement has been reached. We understand all parties have commercial interests to consider, but we urge you to look beyond this to achieve a swift and fair settlement to the benefit of all concerned.

We do not believe cost or the potential financial package on offer should be the only consideration here. THFC is a sustainably run club, seeking to compete with Chelsea – a club funded on a different model – and West Ham United, a club about to move into a stadium heavily subsidised by the taxpayer.

Wembley is the preferred venue of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club and its fans. A temporary relocation to the national stadium would bring two of the most famous names in football together, as well as assist with the funding of Wembley, originally delivered with taxpayer monies.

Keeping a famous London club within London would also preserve the integrity of the North London derby – one of the most iconic games in the Premier League calendar and the subject of global interest – and retain consumer spend estimated to be £120m a year within the capital.

Spurs is also one of the leading examples of a club promoting the values the FA is publicly committed to – with the development of young, home-grown players last season alone drawing much praise. Off the field, the new stadium development could contribute to the much-needed regeneration of one of the most deprived areas in the country.

We believe the FA has a responsibility to help one of its leading member clubs move forward with a stadium project that could provide widespread benefit.

We would welcome the chance to discuss this with you in person at your earliest convenience.

Kind regards,

Katrina Law
Martin Cloake
Co-chairs, THST

Katrina.law@THSTOfficial.com
Martin.cloake@THSTOfficial.com

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust
c/o The Greene Partnership, 5th Floor, Durkan House, 155 East Barnet Road, New Barnet, Herts EN4 8QZ
web: www.THSTOfficial.com / twitter: @THSTOfficial / Facebook: THSTOfficial / Linkedin: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust

I Like this one from the Supporters' Trust. Both the Trust and the club also want individual fans to write to Greg Dyke. Help the club get Wembley!

Greg Dyke
Chairman
The Football Association
Wembley Stadium
Wembley
London
SW1P 9EQ

By email: chairman@thefa.com
8th July 2015

Dear Greg,

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club ground share – Season 2017/18

We’re writing to you as the independent but officially-recognised Supporters’ Trust at Tottenham Hotspur to urge you to back our efforts to secure a deal to enable our club to play at Wembley for the 2017/18 season while our home at White Hart Lane is rebuilt.
In multiple surveys carried out by the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust, the overwhelming majority of fans surveyed expressed a preference for the Club to play at Wembley during the year away from White Hart Lane.

We know the Club has been speaking to Wembley, but that no agreement has been reached. We understand all parties have commercial interests to consider, but we urge you to look beyond this to achieve a swift and fair settlement to the benefit of all concerned.

We do not believe cost or the potential financial package on offer should be the only consideration here. THFC is a sustainably run club, seeking to compete with Chelsea – a club funded on a different model – and West Ham United, a club about to move into a stadium heavily subsidised by the taxpayer.

Wembley is the preferred venue of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club and its fans. A temporary relocation to the national stadium would bring two of the most famous names in football together, as well as assist with the funding of Wembley, originally delivered with taxpayer monies.

Keeping a famous London club within London would also preserve the integrity of the North London derby – one of the most iconic games in the Premier League calendar and the subject of global interest – and retain consumer spend estimated to be £120m a year within the capital.

Spurs is also one of the leading examples of a club promoting the values the FA is publicly committed to – with the development of young, home-grown players last season alone drawing much praise. Off the field, the new stadium development could contribute to the much-needed regeneration of one of the most deprived areas in the country.

We believe the FA has a responsibility to help one of its leading member clubs move forward with a stadium project that could provide widespread benefit.

We would welcome the chance to discuss this with you in person at your earliest convenience.

Kind regards,

Katrina Law
Martin Cloake
Co-chairs, THST

Katrina.law@THSTOfficial.com
Martin.cloake@THSTOfficial.com

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust
c/o The Greene Partnership, 5th Floor, Durkan House, 155 East Barnet Road, New Barnet, Herts EN4 8QZ
web: www.THSTOfficial.com / twitter: @THSTOfficial / Facebook: THSTOfficial / Linkedin: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust

I will write one of my own to them later on but I do wonder if it's all in vain. The FA spent a ridiculous ammount on Wembley and the chaance to have the Blue scum pay the FA more with a biogger fan base to boot means it's probably already sold to them. Yet another South London club trying to pretend to be from NL!

Can you imagine the first ever game in that stadium and the buzz you will get?

It's definitely time to move onwards and upwards and whilst White Hart Lane will be the home of Spurs we are moving literally yards and angles not miles down the road. I'll still call it the lane anyway and I'm sure others will.

Can you imagine our last ever game at White Hart Lane? Will be an emotional day! A MUST win game for sure.

No matter who gets the naming rights, this new stadium will always be White Hart Lane to us lot. Not like them lot who actually call their stadium 'the Emirates' rather than Ashburton Grove. If i ever start calling our stadium by its naming rights name, everyone has permission to kick me hard in the shins

I personally find the letter to they FA cringe worthy

They will either let us play there to they won't and I dint think a letter from a supporters trust will make a jot of difference expect highlight an element of desperation

The influence will be financial for their benefit or political and neither are gonna be influenced by this

I also doubt strongly that they can adapt the infrastructure at Wembley for a game every other week at the moment without a big change in the internal structure, even for 50000 capacity events

Every operating procedure for the ground has been established for full 90 k events a small ish number

It could be managed but would need a whole new team to do so

There is also no chance IMO of them letting two teams have it at the same time

I think you are wrong Bedford. It's not wrong to highlight other things than only the financial part of this, and there are MANY cases where the opinion of the laymen can influence, and even change the outcome of any given case. It certainly wont do any harm!

i really dont see the problem in allowing Spurs to have Wembley for season 2017-18 and then hand it over to Chelski for seasons 2018-19 and 2019-2020. So Chelski simply have to find a temporary home for season 2017-18 until they can go to Wembley. Reading is an hour away from them. If they want somewhere bigger then they can try their luck at the Olympic stadium. West Spam are less hostile with Chelski than Spurs

I personally find the letter to they FA cringe worthy

They will either let us play there to they won't and I dint think a letter from a supporters trust will make a jot of difference expect highlight an element of desperation

The influence will be financial for their benefit or political and neither are gonna be influenced by this

I also doubt strongly that they can adapt the infrastructure at Wembley for a game every other week at the moment without a big change in the internal structure, even for 50000 capacity events

Every operating procedure for the ground has been established for full 90 k events a small ish number

It could be managed but would need a whole new team to do so

There is also no chance IMO of them letting two teams have it at the same time

I agree, the trust like to make a lot of noise about things but they do not really have a effect. If the FA lets us share with Chelski ( which is very unlikely imo) it will not be because the trust have sent them a letter.

Last edited:
I will write one of my own to them later on but I do wonder if it's all in vain. The FA spent a ridiculous ammount on Wembley and the chaance to have the Blue scum pay the FA more with a biogger fan base to boot means it's probably already sold to them. Yet another South London club trying to pretend to be from NL!

Beg your pardon? There's no way in the world chelsea have a bigger domestic fan base than Spurs!!!! If you're including glory hunters in Africa, Asia, etc. Then yes, ofcourse they have a bigger fan base since roman spent his billions. However, in terms of fans going to a game, filling out wembley, then Spurs have a much better chance of doing it.

If I've misunderstood you then sorry Craig, but I'm surprised that thought would even cross a domestic chelsea fans mind, let alone a Spurs fan. I know plenty of chelsea fans who freely admit that we have a bigger fan base, but they have the glory hunters from abroad.

Beg your pardon? There's no way in the world chelsea have a bigger domestic fan base than Spurs!!!! If you're including glory hunters in Africa, Asia, etc. Then yes, ofcourse they have a bigger fan base since roman spent his billions. However, in terms of fans going to a game, filling out wembley, then Spurs have a much better chance of doing it.

If I've misunderstood you then sorry Craig, but I'm surprised that thought would even cross a domestic chelsea fans mind, let alone a Spurs fan. I know plenty of chelsea fans who freely admit that we have a bigger fan base, but they have the glory hunters from abroad.

Well I can't judge what it's like in your area but I'm 21 and live in east anglia (where I'd guess glory hunters are more common as the local teams aren't much cop) and loads of people at my school supported Chelsea just because they were the team finishing at the top of the league. The local area I'd say is now pretty full of Chelsea and United fans and I'm probably about 5 x more likely to meet a Chelsea fan down the pub then I am a Spurs fan.

Of course it may be different where ever you live though.

Back