• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Wouldn't get too hopeful about the size of the naming rights deal, tbh. Even with the NFL I'd guess our absence from regular CL qualification alone means we're still some considerable way off the kind of pulling might the big boys can muster.

As far as I'm aware we've already paid for all the land and are debt free in that respect. I'm not sure about the deal for the grounds works if we have taken a loan out for that or not. But using some complete guess work I'd imagine the naming rights deal will be the biggest of its kind as it would combine premier league and NFL. Looking at a list of naming rights deal I could find a couple of American stadiums have 20year $400m deals so $20m a year(£13m roughly). Ok we don't have a whole NFL season teams normally play 8 home games but you'd need to add that unique factor of the London effect and the added media these games get. Add in that it will be the stadium for us in a league shown all over the world then I reckon we could get anywhere between £15-20m a season over a ten year period/deal, not including shirt sponsorship. If we managed that I'd imagine that would pay for most of the stadium as this would Be a completely new revenue avenue this wouldn't effect our current avenues and also the increased revenues from match day revenues etc..
I know that this is completely guesswork but there isn't really a comparison for a stadium that is incorporating two huge sports spanning two continents.

I'd be amazed if we got the most ever in naming rights. The vallue will be affected by us staying in the same location which means that many football fans will still call it WHL.

Wouldn't get too hopeful about the size of the naming rights deal, tbh. Even with the NFL I'd guess our absence from regular CL qualification alone means we're still some considerable way off the kind of pulling might the big boys can muster.

I think your assuming the naming rights are associated with Spura whereas anyone looking at it will see the association with the new stadium and the multiple events that will be held there including the new climbing wall etx... That area alone could be the space for red bull for instance and bring in plenty standalone

This is the most likely in my opinion. No offence, but the top 4 are not simply going to sit back and allow us to overtake. One of Chelsea's past times is buying players that we want just because they can and so that we can't. Man United's training wear sponsorship deal dwarfs what most clubs earn on their actual playing kit, just think about that for a second. Emirates Marketing Project are Emirates Marketing Project and have an owner who appears to be there for the forseeable future. And Arsenal pride themselves on finishing above us.

Agree with all of the above

City's problem is becoming self financing. There is only so Much cooking of the books you can do. They will reach a point where it happens but they can't keep in investing mega money in brick players year after year

Chelsea are almost there and are obviously targeting a bigger stadium but there problem will be filling it even with football tourists. They struggled to sell out their wembley allocations against us So 60000 for them is very optimistic

Arse and United have massive stadium revenue and long term commercial revenue too

Liverpool are increasing their ground and will fill it but like is without champions league the commercials won't be as good

I think your assuming the naming rights are associated with Spura whereas anyone looking at it will see the association with the new stadium and the multiple events that will be held there including the new climbing wall etx... That area alone could be the space for red bull for instance and bring in plenty standalone
I was wondering only a couple of days ago whether Red Bull might end up be our sponsor. The extreme sports thing just seemed too big a coincidence.... Also our slide out pitch would mean we could host bmx, motocross and skate events, and while Europe is probably just about saturated as a market for Red Bull, I'm sure the US and Asia are massive target growth markets for them.

I was wondering only a couple of days ago whether Red Bull might end up be our sponsor. The extreme sports thing just seemed too big a coincidence.... Also our slide out pitch would mean we could host bmx, motocross and skate events, and while Europe is probably just about saturated as a market for Red Bull, I'm sure the US and Asia are massive target growth markets for them.

I know a few lads at Red Bull racing an they think they will pull out of F1 soon as they look for a bugger market

They have as a business been investment in football (red bull Salzburg for example)

Nothing would surprise me

As far as I'm aware we've already paid for all the land and are debt free in that respect. I'm not sure about the deal for the grounds works if we have taken a loan out for that or not. But using some complete guess work I'd imagine the naming rights deal will be the biggest of its kind as it would combine premier league and NFL. Looking at a list of naming rights deal I could find a couple of American stadiums have 20year $400m deals so $20m a year(£13m roughly). Ok we don't have a whole NFL season teams normally play 8 home games but you'd need to add that unique factor of the London effect and the added media these games get. Add in that it will be the stadium for us in a league shown all over the world then I reckon we could get anywhere between £15-20m a season over a ten year period/deal, not including shirt sponsorship. If we managed that I'd imagine that would pay for most of the stadium as this would Be a completely new revenue avenue this wouldn't effect our current avenues and also the increased revenues from match day revenues etc..
I know that this is completely guesswork but there isn't really a comparison for a stadium that is incorporating two huge sports spanning two continents.

£10-15m a year would be realistic for naming rights I think.

I think Arsenal get about £15m for stadium and shirt combined IIRC.

Disagree with that, CL or not Levy will get a very good deal.

I can't imagine taking the NFL away from them has delighted them

We haven't taken anything away from them. The deal with Wembley is up for renewal, but I'd be massively surprised if they don't agree a new one and ours is just an expansion. The press release even states they're looking at other venues as well.

Tottenham MP and Mayoral hopeful David Lammy has written an open letter to FA chair Greg Dyke regarding Spurs' bid to make Wembley their alternative home stadium during the 2017/18 season.
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...en-letter-to-fa-chair-greg-dyke-10379776.html

Dear Greg,

Let me firstly congratulate you on the admirable work that the FA is currently doing under your leadership.

As a father of two sons who play football, I appreciate the importance of investment in community facilities and am very pleased that you have made this a priority.

There is much work to be done when it comes to delivering good quality grassroots facilities in London and elsewhere, but I know this remains a priority for the FA under your chairmanship and congratulate you on that.

Let me also congratulate you on the heroic performance of the England Women’s team at the World Cup in Canada.

The whole nation was immensely proud of the team’s success and I have no doubt that it will go from strength to strength in the coming years. The rising popularity of the women’s game in Britain is most exciting and I am glad that the FA has shown a strong commitment to continuing to support this.

I wanted to write to you, both in my capacity as the local MP and as a candidate to be the next Mayor of London, regarding the new Tottenham Hotspur stadium redevelopment in my constituency.

As you will be aware, Spurs are currently in the process of redeveloping White Hart Lane, with the new stadium set to open in 2018.

This is a significant development for Tottenham and indeed for London, and one that is the cause of much optimism. The local community is proud to have Spurs in our community and is looking forward to the world-class sports facilities that will accompany the new development. The news that the new stadium will also be hosting NFL games is a further boost, and will ensure that London, and Tottenham in particular, remains firmly on the global sporting map.

However, the development ongoing at White Hart Lane means that Spurs will need to find an alternative home stadium for the 2017-18 season, while the new ground is under constriction.

This will bring considerable disruption to supporters and to the local area, but is of course unavoidable. What I hope is avoidable is a scenario in which the club is forced to leave not just White Hart Lane but London too.

A season spent playing at Milton Keynes, for example, would making following their club extremely difficult for Tottenham supporters, the vast majority of whom are based in north-east London. It would be also detrimental to London, given that Tottenham contributes £120 million a year to the London economy.

Spurs are also, of course, a club that continues to make a significant contribution to our national team via their investment in young British talent and support for young players, including, to name just a few, Harry Kane, Andros Townsend and Ryan Mason.

It is my understanding that, having considered various options for an alternative stadium for the 2017-18 season, Spurs have concluded that Wembley Stadium remains the only viable option. I am therefore writing to request that you do all in your power to help facilitate this arrangement.

Tottenham playing their homes games at Wembley for one season would, of course, result in significant new revenue for the FA – revenue that could make a significant difference if it were invested in grassroots football facilities.

I am therefore of the view that such an arrangement would be in the interests of all parties. However, it is important that any decision is based on more than mere financial considerations. I hope you agree with me that football clubs belong in, or as close as possible to, the communities they serve, and that all possible efforts should therefore be made by the FA and other parties to keep Tottenham as close as possible to White Hart Lane.

There is a significant difference between Spurs moving across North London to Wembley for one season and moving the 50 miles to Milton Keynes. Forcing a club to move so far away from its community and its supporter base is counter to the community-based approach to football that I know the FA supports, and I would therefore ask you and your team to do all you can to help Spurs stay in London.

It has been reported in the media in recent days that Chelsea are also interested in playing their home games at Wembley during the 2017-18 season, while they carry out plans to redevelop Stamford Bridge. While this somewhat complicates the situation, there is an obvious solution - which is to allow both clubs to ground-share at Wembley for the course of that season.

I would politely request that you do all you can to ensure a positive outcome to this situation, whereby both clubs are allowed to use Wembley while they redevelop their respective stadia.

It is my view that it would be a failure of common sense if an arrangement along these lines cannot be reached. I would also be grateful if you could reassure me, given the FA’s statutory duty to give fair and equitable treatment to everyclub, that no club will be given more favourable treatment than any other during this process.

I look forward to hearing from you on this important matter.

Yours sincerely,

David Lammy MP

Cc. Daniel Levy
Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust

Seems to me better (although slightly too fawning), and more likely to be effective, than THST's letter.

fudge me, Levy really has the support now of the local
So how does the NFL deal help us on the pitch?

Money??? better brand recognition? more income to the local area which leads to local government supporting more of what we ask for, see letter two posts up.

No downside ...

Agree with all of the above

City's problem is becoming self financing. There is only so Much cooking of the books you can do. They will reach a point where it happens but they can't keep in investing mega money in crud players year after year

Chelsea are almost there and are obviously targeting a bigger stadium but there problem will be filling it even with football tourists. They struggled to sell out their wembley allocations against us So 60000 for them is very optimistic

Arse and United have massive stadium revenue and long term commercial revenue too

Liverpool are increasing their ground and will fill it but like is without champions league the commercials won't be as good

City/Cheat$ki are tied to their owners fortunes more than anything else, only variables is how much of RA's money is still in Russia, and how long the Sheiks think they need a PR or ego project.

Arsenal/Pool are the obvious two out of the top 5 we target, no disadvantage re gate income, potentially we can better them with newer corporate facilities, the NFL income +(think people have missed this) a venue that could host events every day and have no impact on the playing surface.

We are playing the long game, but if we got on equal footing (financially) some time in the next 3-5 years, around the same time Wenger retires and they have that obvious transition (the same one we are seeing Manure struggle through) period.

Back