• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

The Chelsea claim to Wembley for season 2017/18 may not be the threat some seem to think. Chelsea do not have a plan drawn up for redeveloping Stamford Bridge... and they have no pre-existing planning permission, nor the support of the local community. I suspect that Chelsea can expect a long and protracted planning process to get through before they can lift a spade. I am not at all convinced that they will be in the position to need Wembley before 2018/19... ie three seasons time rather than the two we have requested.

The Chelsea claim to Wembley for season 2017/18 may not be the threat some seem to think. Chelsea do not have a plan drawn up for redeveloping Stamford Bridge... and they have no pre-existing planning permission, nor the support of the local community. I suspect that Chelsea can expect a long and protracted planning process to get through before they can lift a spade. I am not at all convinced that they will be in the position to need Wembley before 2018/19... ie three seasons time rather than the two we have requested.

I agree. From what I have read, it is going to be a really difficult build because the site is so contained and the footprint is not big enough for the kind of designs used in most modern stadia.

I agree. From what I have read, it is going to be a really difficult build because the site is so contained and the footprint is not big enough for the kind of designs used in most modern stadia.

They have to clear out everything between the current one and Fulham Road. Even then they'll probably look into ways of building over the tube lines.

I know it would be good financially but will it be enough money for us to improve as a team?

I don't think we'd be going to the hassle of altering our stadium to suit NFL if it didn't come with substantial benefits for the club.

The fee we get directly as a result of the NFL games will be dwarfed by the potential sponsorship/commercial deals which will follow as a result.

They have to clear out everything between the current one and Fulham Road. Even then they'll probably look into ways of building over the tube lines.

Hence why they have employed the experts on that... However in my experience their brick at it and it will take a very very long time to get permission to do so!!!

Their ground will not be started let alone complete this decade because of that IMO

I know it would be good financially but will it be enough money for us to improve as a team?
You have to assume Levy has run the numbers and there's a big enough benefit to make the whole exercise worthwhile.

My concern has always been that the financial stability of Spurs becomes somehow dependent on a certain level of success for "NFL London", and if that success doesn't materialise... THFC is negatively impacted. I don't have the same faith as some people in NFL being a big (sustainable) success outside North America.

Well the way I look at it without the NFL the new stadium could move some funds from our playing squad to building/paying for it. The NFL should help us with naming rights deal and also any financial deal the NFL brings us directly. I don't think it will improve us directly but it could help to prevent us from falling backwards and allow other funds to be used on wages etc.. Rather than servicing debt.

36K -> 61K +probably 3X-4X the corporate facilities (which is where the real money is) = minimum 2X gate income
Sponsorship deal on what will likely be a multi-use stadium, plus a tourist attraction in London
NFL income + additional x number of events per month

Someone could do the hard work and put together some strawman numbers on the above, but in 13/14

(8th in world/4th in PL) Scum - 359M, Pool 305M, Juve 279M, .... (13th in World) Spurs 215M

A 60% increase in income could push us very close to the Scum, and honestly I could see us doing 2X (100% increase)

If we could actually get more results out of our training ground, plus our academy output, plus better buying/getting deadwood out .. lots of hope

I hope you're right with regards to that.

Does anyone know IF we get Wembley is it likely that we will have the number of seats we can actually sell restricted or can we sell as many seats as we want from the 90,000?

Plus maybe access to some of the NFL medical and fitness research etc, coaching methods that are transferable etc.

I also think they have the challenge of moving a cemetery which will require special dispensations and treatment too...

No, not at all.

We're just doing it for fun.

And because Levy likes America.

What do you reckon mate???
No need to be a prick is there? It's a simple question.

I see everyone getting excited and all I see is 4 more home games revenue so I was seeing why people were getting all excited.

I understand we could attract a major company for naming rights due to NFL but would it be much bigger than someone we could get without the NFL? What happened to the big company who was backing us to get the Olympic stadium so they could host concerts etc? Was it the guys who do the O2?

Is there a maximum amount of other events we can have at White Heart Lane? Can we with artificial/other surface say hold boxing matches, red bull events or say basketball tournaments. The extra events do massively add to naming rights income.

Just read the Mr Khan is thinking of selling Fulham and buying Spurs to bring his Jacksonville Jaguars to London.

I for one am not convinced by him
:mad:

Back