• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

A new Club shopping experience – will be the largest store area of any football Club in Europe

Our timetable moving forward is as follows:
  • Summer 2015 – Basement works commence and consultation on the improved Northumberland Development Project proposals begins.
  • Autumn 2015 – submission of a new planning application to Haringey Council.
  • Late 2015 – planning application considered by Haringey Council’s planning committee and by the Greater London Authority.
  • Spring 2016 – Subject to the completion of planning permission, work begins on the revised scheme.
  • 2017/18 Season – the Club plays away for one season to enable a faster construction of the new Stadium.
  • August 2018 – new Stadium complete and open in time for the 2018/19 season.

I take it there's no chance of Haringey turning down the revision? Not after the amount of time it's taken already and the benefits that Haringey should get from it?

I take it there's no chance of Haringey turning down the revision? Not after the amount of time it's taken already and the benefits that Haringey should get from it?

Considering the public quote from the leader of the Council, I think that there will be sufficient will to see this through

Did anyone see the Levy interview on Sky, it was meant to be about the new stadium but he was talking about Wembley and said that he expects the FA to do the right thing and let both clubs use it.

English heritage and the transport studies will still fight it
No doubt with English heritage, absolute fudgers. The historic buildings on the high Road never offered any aesthetic value. The one that's retained is the best and should hopefully get us over the line.

The London Mayor's effusive endorsement should prove helpful:

“Touchdowns in Tottenham can only add to our reputation as a global sporting powerhouse."

The one thing I'm not keen on is the wavy bit at the top of the Kop. I wish they'd've filled in the corners to the top properly. It's just a lingering nod to the crap stadiums of the 00s.

Can you imagine the first ever game in that stadium and the buzz you will get?

It's definitely time to move onwards and upwards and whilst White Hart Lane will be the home of Spurs we are moving literally yards and angles not miles down the road. I'll still call it the lane anyway and I'm sure others will.

Fantastic news re stadium!
Hopefully we can keep up our top 4 challenger status until then. And hopefully the better transport links comes to fruition too!

Can you imagine the first ever game in that stadium and the buzz you will get?

It's definitely time to move onwards and upwards and whilst White Hart Lane will be the home of Spurs we are moving literally yards and angles not miles down the road. I'll still call it the lane anyway and I'm sure others will.

As you say they can call it whatever they want but it will always be " the Lane" to me and others.

Does anyone think it will be possible to expand the stadium in the future for a bigger capacity if we want, I'd guess they'd design it so that it's possible.

I think Arsenal can expand their stadium to 70,000 seats just by filling in the gaps they've left around and reducing the size of their seats to about the same size as the ones at Old Trafford.

I wonder if we've gone with future proofing like that.

I think Arsenal can expand their stadium to 70,000 seats just by filling in the gaps they've left around and reducing the size of their seats to about the same size as the ones at Old Trafford.

I wonder if we've gone with future proofing like that.

I thought it was a 15000 increase they could achieve

Their issue was planning against the local logistics. It had to be proven over a period of time how the increase to 60000 would work logistically and anyone who has been can confirm its a nightmare leaving the ground which was always the problem

I do however fully expect them to push for it and argue what we're doing makes it necessary within their borough

Back