• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

thats brilliant........Danny boy comes across very well, it would be nice if he engaged a bit more with the fans like this

just wow, everything seems like we are hitting the big time

well done Dan

To be fair I think Levy has always engaged with the fans quite well when compared to most of the chairmen you have in the league.

To be fair I think Levy has always engaged with the fans quite well when compared to most of the chairmen you have in the league.

i mean on camera, like in the video today.............yeah i know he he gives written statements on the OS, but this real aspect on camera talking to the fans is much more personal. He seems very at home with it actually and should do more

Nice to see DL. He's not a flash type, one to crave the limelight. You get the impression he's happier out the spot light but had to do this on a big day for THFC. Thing is, he's articulate, doesn't come across as a toff and it would be nice to hear from him a little more.

that'd be the same if there was an NFL pitch in storage, ours remains in the open until the NFL pitch would be rolled out from under the stand - there are obviously other factors at play, like someone previously mentioned with the space needed on the sidelines for the NFL teams and the obstruction it'd cause for the first few rows of the stands

NFL pitch is plastic so doesn't need the daylight!!! That why it's stays under cover

Nice to see DL. He's not a flash type. One to crave the limelight. You get the impression he's happier out the spot light, but had to do this on a big day for THFC. Thing is, he's articulate, doesn't come across as a toff. It would be nice to hear form him a little more.

On a scale from Levy to this, I prefer Levy.

article-2288118-174B074A000005DC-398_306x423.jpg

it's also because they need the space - why go to the expense of building a retractable pitch otherwise?

Eh? The plastic pitch is a permanent fixture and is always there with the allotted space

The grass pitch will cover that space as there would be a gap otherwise. The gap could be left for advertising boards etc..

Eh? The plastic pitch is a permanent fixture and is always there with the allotted space

The grass pitch will cover that space as there would be a gap otherwise. The gap could be left for advertising boards etc..

we might be talking at cross purposes here...

Papercut asked why the grass pitch is retractable and not the plastic one, which i replied to saying the NFL pitch needs to be lower because of certain reasons.

im not disputing that the NFL pitch is fixed in place, just offering up reasons why it is our pitch and not the NFL pitch which is retractable

the simplest solution would be to retract the NFL pitch as it's artificial and can be stored without the need for an expensive sliding mechinisim, but because the ground is built with NFL in mind from the outset the retractable pitch moving out unveiling a lower NFL pitch below is the best solution because it allows for unobstructed views from rows 1-10 (or whatever) which would be a problem if the NFL pitch was rolled out and fixed in place over the THFC pitch.

Is the walkway from white hart lane station still there, doesn't look like it in the pictures and I liked the idea of that.

Papercut asked why the grass pitch is retractable and not the plastic one, which i replied to saying the NFL pitch needs to be lower because of certain reasons.

im not disputing that the NFL pitch is fixed in place, just offering up reasons why it is our pitch and not the NFL pitch which is retractable

the simplest solution would be to retract the NFL pitch as it's artificial and can be stored without the need for an expensive sliding mechinisim, but because the ground is built with NFL in mind from the outset the retractable pitch moving out unveiling a lower NFL pitch below is the best solution because it allows for unobstructed views from rows 1-10 (or whatever) which would be a problem if the NFL pitch was rolled out and fixed in place over the THFC pitch.
And presumably sitting an artificial surface on top of our future hallowed turf would mess it up, whereas sitting our pitch on the yank one doesn't affect it adversely.

I think they will roll the pitch up and <strikethrough>smoke it</strikethrough> put it in a cupboard, when the NFL come to town.

[What is the strikethrough tag?]

This is from Lille, where they stack the two halves on top of each other to use half the stadium for other sports like basketball:

boite-a-spectacle-grand-stade-lille.JPG

boite-a-spectacle-lille-2.jpg

And also bumping this post from page 202 back in April to show what the "cut the pitch in half to reveal a basketball court" option looks like.

I'm sure Spurs' solution will be different again, just thought these were interesting.

PS BedfordSpurs that timelapse you posted of an entire stand being dismantled was sooooo clunky... take away an entire stand and then build it again every time?!

5ny1f.jpg

Taken from the Levy interview.. maybe someone should pass on to Skyscrapper that in it Levy says Stadium is under construction therefore they should move to the new Under Construction section!

NFL pitch needs to be lowered probably because each team has 50+ players plus coaches, medics, equipment staffs, etc. All those people could easily obstruct the view in the first few rows.

We could also install artificial sunlight & sprinklers in the pitch storage area. This will always give us perfect pitch independent of weather.

So long as the football pitch isn't compromised I'm not bothered which one is on top and which is below. If the ball doesn't bounce right like we see sometimes at these grounds with a car park underneath then fans will be tinkled (me included).

Back