• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

One thing I need to ask; would it not be better to have a synthetic retractable surface rather than a natural one? Particularly as SOCCER :eek: is generally played on the ground (excluding certain clubs)?

What's the deal with all the bits sticking out?

Are they angled glass, open windows or some kind of solar shading over the top?

There was a brief mentioning of solar panelling in the early days, I hope it is that (imagine the kudos for also covering the environmental angle!)

One thing I need to ask; would it not be better to have a synthetic retractable surface rather than a natural one? Particularly as SOCCER :eek: is generally played on the ground (excluding certain clubs)?

i think the NFL pitch needs to be lower for some reason or another

There was a brief mentioning of solar panelling in the early days, I hope it is that (imagine the kudos for also covering the environmental angle!)
Surely if we were doing that we'd have panels on the roof of Sainsburys instead of all that silly grass?

Equally, covering a 2018 stadium in panels is a terrible idea with the rate of development. Those panels would be outdated before we had a team on the pitch.

Will miss the old traditional Lane of course, will be odd being in a new shiny stadium. But after so long in the making its about time!

The 'Kop' name was too synonymous with 'pool and Id agreed with others that we should have a distinctive name for Spurs wall of fans. But it seems its a term not associated with one club. Ironically the first reference to a kop was at a certain scummy south London club located in Woolwhich.

Last edited:

the pitch you want to protect is the grass ... easier to protect the one you move away.

It probably means we can do concerts, events, etc. with much more regularity, our pitch gets protected and people stomp all over the NFL surface ...

just the exterior of the stadium im not sure about.....what are all those panels wrapped around the sides for? i think i prefer the old roof and exterior tbh:oops:

everything else is mind-blowing :cool:

No the logic is out pitch stays up unless there is a NFL game and the its removed.

that'd be the same if there was an NFL pitch in storage, ours remains in the open until the NFL pitch would be rolled out from under the stand - there are obviously other factors at play, like someone previously mentioned with the space needed on the sidelines for the NFL teams and the obstruction it'd cause for the first few rows of the stands

Back