• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Comparing design pictures with existing stadium, looks as if we will be a good few feet further from the pitch down the sides and a fair bit at the ends. Bit of a shame but presumably the price we have to pay for the NFL pitch technology.

UEFA Rules state minimum distances for all new builds. I think we are going to be right on those distances and yew they will be further back than the current stadium but if you want a new stadium you have to follow the new rules.

taken from scc better pics

Fr4NetK.jpg

REHWQM2.jpg

• Dedicated facilities for the NFL – including a fully retractable pitch revealing a second playing surface, compliant to NFL standard and capable of hosting a range of other events whilst protecting the integrity of the playing surface.

How is this supposed to work? I don't see any place where the pitch can slide out to make way (like the Arizona Cardinals NFL stadium).

How is this supposed to work? I don't see any place where the pitch can slide out to make way (like the Arizona Cardinals NFL stadium).
Floating bearings and motors normally

It may go away in small sections

Didn't Ajax do a retractable pitch

Floating bearings and motors normally

It may go away in small sections

Didn't Ajax do a retractable pitch

Just the retractable roof. The pitch, which has to be relaid several times every season due to the poor growth environment, is on an island in the middle. There's seriously a huge pit between the stands and the pitch and the stands are super steep. The place is a brickhole.

That stand on the right of the internal picture looks like it has a very low gradient, would prefer it to be a bit steeper personally. More intimidating like that though if that's the new version of the west stand it's probably for the rich folk who aren't so fussed about that.

Thanks for the pics. I am not a civil engineer. It looks a little scary trying to support the weight of the stands on top of a void the size of a football pitch. Must be a very expensive undertaking.

The pitch might be in sections a few metres square, which a tractor/forklift can move around. Or it might be one huge piece. Or in 8 strips. Nobody knows. Presumably there will be lights underground and enough room for a man to mow it.

What fantastic news to come home to - broke my phone yesterday so didn't know if the promise of 'big news on Wednesday' was legit until just now - it all looks amazing, i particularly like how the sides have a straight finishing running along the pitch as opposed to the modern trend of arcing away from the pitch - the side stands as a whole also seem to resemble the East Stand as it currently is reasonably well.

Hope these final designs have proved to be worth the wait for the more impatient of the regulars in here :p

COYS!

The pitch might be in sections a few metres square, which a tractor/forklift can move around. Or it might be one huge piece. Or in 8 strips. Nobody knows. Presumably there will be lights underground and enough room for a man to mow it.

I think they'll mow the pitch while it's on the outside. Still, I am no civil engineer either, but I imagine the cavity beneath the stand will be large enough to accomodate the partially-inclined structural supports that will probably be needed to support the weight above it. So you could theoretically mow it inside, I suppose. :p

With modern led growth lighting schemes, there should be no problems with keeping the pitch stored for a couple of days. We even use lights now to keep are pitch tip top.

Yeah, when we all discussed this a month or two back I suggested the lighting could be incorporated under the stands.

Saying that, I'd bet there are plenty of people in the Tottenham area with Hydroponic expertise.

based on nothing whatsoever id hazard a guess that they are automated windows/vents for hot weather

Back