• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I love this club and always will do, but there has been only a moments of genuine cheer in my adult life. I don't want to jinx it but this project has given me real hope for the future of my club and securing its future so my kids can continue to feel part of it with or without me. Oh and I will probably get into nfl now.

Pretty impressive stuff. I particularly like this phrase: "....with an unrivalled spectator experience throughout and spectators closer to the pitch than at any other comparable size stadium in the UK."

One of the most important aspects of the ground for me is the proximity to the pitch, much nearer than most other grounds. I notice it does say "at any other comparable size stadium" -of which there will be very few, so I hope that isn't wriggle room phrasing.

I also hope the NFL deal is stitched up tight, and there is no room for Chelsea to nick in and fudge us over like they usually do if there are any further delays or hold-ups on the build.

I honestly see a 10 year 200m+ sponsorship of naming rights coming. GHod I remember the discussions we used to have on this, most thought it wouldn't be half that.

I honestly see a 10 year 200m+ sponsorship of naming rights coming. GHod I remember the discussions we used to have on this, most thought it wouldn't be half that.

Do you reckon it will be imminent given the announcement today of the stadium/NFL partnership?

Do you reckon it will be imminent given the announcement today of the stadium/NFL partnership?

I'd be surprised if it was.. a lot of companies probably will come to the table now with this partnership now in the open, imagine far east companies not only will be getting a European coverage for there money but now the US as well.

If could break per year records this.

They've really covered all corners haven't they? I reiterate, so pleased for the local area (just gutted I didn't end up buying that property to let now...).

Popped in earlier to THAT goon forum and they were still talking about the old design (saying we copied them and that it wasn't anything special) - not been back since this release...:D

Oh, and almost forgot about Toby! well done Danny :cool:

Wouldn't start holding my breath just yet. No doubt there's been talks with interested parties, but we've just massively improved our bargaining position. It's been mentioned before that nobody is going to want to sign anything until that stadium starts rising from the ground.

They've really covered all corners haven't they? I reiterate, so pleased for the local area (just gutted I didn't end up buying that property to let now...).

Popped in earlier to THAT goon forum and they were still talking about the old design (saying we copied them and that it wasn't anything special) - not been back since this release...:D

Oh, and almost forgot about Toby! well done Danny :cool:

Only seen the ManU fans talking about it so far, but they were mostly making fun of their resident troll Glastonspur.

Getting emotional here thinking about the memories White Hart Lane has given me. My dad took me to my first home game Boxing Day 1987 v Luton Town.

£1 programme, and no entry fee as they'd just let me walk through. Don't know what condition I'll be in last ever game, Ledley's testimonial was bad enough.

Looking at it I notice that there is electric advertising boards high up, something I wanted which gives it a pazzzazzz feel in the night games. But there is a downside, I notice it cuts the kop stand. NOoooooooooo!

I wanna be in that number!!!

All this news really reminds how far away I am from all of this. I'm really happy for all you locals!!

I have SO many memories of WHL - will be weird when it's not there anymore

I know a new stadium will be fab - but our poxy box stadium holds some very fond memories for me

spurs-2-600x346.jpg

Later down the line 100% a helipad will be availble

Comparing design pictures with existing stadium, looks as if we will be a good few feet further from the pitch down the sides and a fair bit at the ends. Bit of a shame but presumably the price we have to pay for the NFL pitch technology.

Back