• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Two halves of artificial, which can be rolled in for play or to avoid heavy sun/rain/snow damage.

Each half small enough to fit under stand without obstructing necessary stairways.

Professor Pat Pending

I'm sure there was a World Cup stadium somewhere that had the pitch made up of grass on individual hexagonal pallets that could be forklifted in and out of the stadium. I think in that instance, it was so that most of the time the grass gets good sunlight outside of the stadium. Could the NFL be an artificial pitch at a lower level to the grass removable football pitch? Or two sets of pallets?

Storing half a pitch under a stand isn't really feasible as the stand itself needs to be supported. At Schalke they have to remove all these pillars every time the pitch is moved in or out. Once the stand is filled with fans they are needed to support the extra weight.

1418_Veltins-Arena_4.jpg

I thought the whole need to get pitches outside had been got around since they came up with better Lights to fake the rays of the sun. Wembley was constantly re-laying new pitches. But since hey invested in this lighting system the grass there is up to a better level.

WHL used to suffer from some terrible pitches until we got in a good groundsman. Is this need for the pitch to be outside really needed.

As for a different pitch for possible NFL use. With the heavy amount of paint needed for NFL games it is unsightly for double use. If there was a way to suspend a turf pitch over the grass then that would be better? it could slide in from both sides under the stands? That way it would not be needed to extend it beyond the stadium footprint.

I think holding concerts would be more the money spinner IMO. Could hold 25 a year holding crowds of 80k.

Average ticket £50 = 4million a show.

Say we take a million from each show.

25m extra a year.

Thing is.. I'd imagine that Levy will screw us over and set up a subsidiary company of Enic called Enic Entertainment and run it as a totally different company to THFC and therefore us as a club would see jack brick of that money. Owners of Enic Entertainment though!...

Levy of course will be on both boards taking two wages.. lol Yes I only see there darkside.

I think holding concerts would be more the money spinner IMO. Could hold 25 a year holding crowds of 80k.

25m extra a year.

Thing is.. I'd imagine that Levy will screw us over and set up a subsidiary company of Enic called Enic Entertainment and run it as a totally different company to THFC and therefore us as a club would see jack crud of that money. Owners of Enic Entertainment though!...

Levy of course will be on both boards taking two wages.. lol Yes I only see there darkside.

I think you're more in cloud cuckoo land if you think there's more money in concerts than ground sharing with an NFL franchise - 25 x 80k capacity concerts a year?! :D

I work very close to the death star. I must say that one definite advantage the RedScum have over us and many other London clubs imo is public transport to get to and from games. This would have been for me the only good reason to move to Stratford (though i am so glad we haven't).

Do people know how transport links to WHL will change in the future? Will we lose out in the ability to attract new fans from a wider area by not having the Victoria line extended to Northumberland Park on match days?
Alternatively, will the lack of very good transport links (in comparison to the Death Star and the Olympic Stadium) mean that we become a much more 'local' club more entwined with the local community and receiving much more localised support, who maybe end up being far more loyal and involved with the club and its local projects etc?

Thoughts?

25m extra a year.

Thing is.. I'd imagine that Levy will screw us over and set up a subsidiary company of Enic called Enic Entertainment and run it as a totally different company to THFC and therefore us as a club would see jack crud of that money. Owners of Enic Entertainment though!...

Who is going to play 25 gigs a year to sell out 80k crowds? Bearing in mind the competition from Wembley and Emirates too. Relatively few bands will draw that figure, you are looking at getting 8 of them to play 3 nights. Can't see it.

I think you're more in cloud cuckoo land if you think there's more money in concerts than ground sharing with an NFL franchise - 25 x 80k capacity concerts a year?! :D

To be quite frank.. if you didn't realise I have spoken quite often about the money involved with NFL. Infact I was the first to speak about the money involved in this very thread. But... like I said about the concerts.. both will be separate entities and all we will see is the rental side maybe at most, the rest will be for the subsidiary company to make, basically 25 concerts would bring in more than 8 home nfl games because of this.

Do you honestly think this will be done under the one name THFC.

Cash from NFL would be lovely..

However, an NFL deal would result in NWHL being the most famous UK (and probably European) Stadium in North America.

By association, hopefully Tottenham Hotspurs will be the most famous EPL team in North America.

If you're an American sports fan coming to see your team play in Tottenham you are more likely to buy a spurs memento/have a soft spot for Spurs..

Back