• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

If the transport links aren't going to cope then maybe we shouldn't build a new stadium.

Or - build the ground and let the trouble it causes force TfL to build platforms at Northumberland Park (the Victoria Line already runs there to the depot, there are just no platforms).

To be quite frank.. if you didn't realise I have spoken quite often about the money involved with NFL. Infact I was the first to speak about the money involved in this very thread. But... like I said about the concerts.. both will be separate entities and all we will see is the rental side maybe at most, the rest will be for the subsidiary company to make, basically 25 concerts would bring in more than 8 home nfl games because of this.

Do you honestly think this will be done under the one name THFC.

Sorry i wasn't referencing that part of your quote - i have no idea how that would work, probably we'd rent the right to use the stadium as a lump sum to the NFL franchise and/or AEG types rather than take all proceeds from the individual events.

I was more questioning the 25x80k events taking place in one calender year - id be surprised if that many music events of that magnitude took place in the whole of the UK last year, let alone expecting to see that many in one arena in one city

Thinking about it 80,000 would be to many, I was forgetting that a third of the stadium wouldn't be in use because of stages therefore it's more likely concerts of 50-60k would be the number. Should AEG be involved I really don't see any problem with 25 dates. Wouldn't surprise me that someone like Michael McIntyre could sell dates out considering he did multi days at the O2. I guess it would depend heavily on the stadium having a roof structure to keep people dry.

I don't know the answer but I'd be staggered if there isn't some clever piece of engineering that could be done to accommodate 2 playing surfaces.

The Arena's in america do it easily enough for the Basketball to Hockey Surfaces. So it has to be somewhat feasible. Also if we did managed to get a second surface that was artificial turf for NFL use we could also rent the stadium out for other things.

The Arena's in america do it easily enough for the Basketball to Hockey Surfaces. So it has to be somewhat feasible. Also if we did managed to get a second surface that was artificial turf for NFL use we could also rent the stadium out for other things.

A lot of arenas here do that too. Places like Sheffield, Nottingham and Belfast Arenas host ice hockey, basketball and concerts. The harder surfaces just slide out over the ice.

The sprinklers pop up out of the grass so there must be ways of burying a support system for a 2nd surface that will not damage the turf and can penetrate through the grass when required. Crane in a number of pre-marked sections, bolt them together underneath and Robert is your father's brother.

Edit: If they were really clever they could knock up different types of surface depending on use - concerts, NFL, morris dancing, etc.

Last edited:
We know it can be done because there is the stadium in Arizona (?) with the grass pitch that slides out. The problem is the space to out a pitch. If not for the school it would be feasible.

It's also fairly easy to envisage an artificial surface on top, with half going under each stand. The problem is that we need the grass on top so the NFL surface can be lower and allow proper sight lines over the players on the sidelines.

Thinking about it 80,000 would be to many, I was forgetting that a third of the stadium wouldn't be in use because of stages therefore it's more likely concerts of 50-60k would be the number. Should AEG be involved I really don't see any problem with 25 dates. Wouldn't surprise me that someone like Michael McIntyre could sell dates out considering he did multi days at the O2. I guess it would depend heavily on the stadium having a roof structure to keep people dry.

I am absolutely certain that we will not be building a stadium with a roof and when people go to see a comedian they want to be seated.

I am sure that we will look at other uses and revenue streams from the stadium but I think that you are barking up the wrong tree with the type of events that you are talking about.

If it was as easy as you are suggesting why aren't Arsenal doing it? And they have the benefit of having a far better location than us.

I am absolutely certain that we will not be building a stadium with a roof and when people go to see a comedian they want to be seated.

I am sure that we will look at other uses and revenue masked water tyrants from the stadium but I think that you are barking up the wrong tree with the type of events that you are talking about.

If it was as easy as you are suggesting why aren't Arsenal doing it? And they have the benefit of having a far better location than us.
I think that Arsenal are restricted by the number of events that they can host at their stadium.... I doubt that Harringey will impose the same restrictions on us.

We know it can be done because there is the stadium in Arizona (?) with the grass pitch that slides out. The problem is the space to out a pitch. If not for the school it would be feasible.

It's also fairly easy to envisage an artificial surface on top, with half going under each stand. The problem is that we need the grass on top so the NFL surface can be lower and allow proper sight lines over the players on the sidelines.

See my proposed solution a page or 2 back.

I think that Arsenal are restricted by the number of events that they can host at their stadium.... I doubt that Harringey will impose the same restrictions on us.

I am not aware of a stadium in London that does not have a restriction on the number of events that they can put on of some sort and there is certainly none of them that are hosting 25 concerts a year.

It doesn't have to be evening concerts btw Milo, which is where many of the restrictions lay for other venues. I think the stadium could hold one event every week of the year.. 52. Around 25-30 home matches with the rest Entertainment. Got an email today to say that Neil Diamond is adding even more dates to his sell out tour at the O2 lol. I'd personally love the big motorcross bikes that do sumersaults too, that would be cool.. WWE.. Boxing.. didn't they sell out Wembley recently!. Anyway McIntyre is a Yid and I bet he would give his right arm to do a gig at WHL. Someone should tweet him and ask him to do one. To be multi purpose it would need a retractable roof on the stadium IMO.

The number one block though isn't filling the joint, it will be having the police available to look after the event. When not playing home matches the Police will be at the Emirates and vice versa. This is where the real problem will be.

They will appeal. If they were not going to appeal they would not have asked at the end of the last case

But permission was denied then. They are trying some super super exceptional route, that will just be dismissed again in seconds.

I think to get a hearing in the court of appeal now, they will have to have substantial evidence that the high court judge was incompetent in his process.

Back