• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Cash from NFL would be lovely..

However, an NFL deal would result in NWHL being the most famous UK (and probably European) Stadium in North America.

By association, hopefully Tottenham Hotspurs will be the most famous EPL team in North America.

If you're an American sports fan coming to see your team play in Tottenham you are more likely to buy a spurs memento/have a soft spot for Spurs..

Agree, on a merchandise level it will be great. On the other side like gates, tv revenue etc THFC will see very little. Enic will become like MLSE (Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment)

Who is going to play 25 gigs a year to sell out 80k crowds? Bearing in mind the competition from Wembley and Emirates too. Relatively few bands will draw that figure, you are looking at getting 8 of them to play 3 nights. Can't see it.

One Direction would fill it for two weeks straight easy, during the summer holidays

Apparently they sold out the UK tour on the day they went on sale, with the O2 London selling in hours/midday. They are also selling out the US part where they are using NFL stadia to host there gigs. One direction did two dates at Wembley last year as well.
If Ed Sheeran can sell out 3 dates and Eminem 2 dates at Wembley stadium then I'd say it was easier than you may think.

Europe
  • 24.09.15London, GB, O2 ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 25.09.15London, GB, O2 ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 26.09.15London, GB, O2 ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 28.09.15London, GB, O2 ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 29.09.15London, GB, O2 ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 30.09.15London, GB, O2 ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 03.10.15Manchester, GB, Manchester ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 04.10.15Manchester, GB, Manchester ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 07.10.15Glasgow, GB, SSE Hydro ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 08.10.15Glasgow, GB, SSE Hydro ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 10.10.15Birmingham, GB, Barclaycard ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 11.10.15Birmingham, GB, Barclaycard ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 12.10.15Birmingham, GB, Barclaycard ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 16.10.15Dublin, IE, 3ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 17.10.15Dublin, IE, 3ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 18.10.15Dublin, IE, 3ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 20.10.15Belfast, GB, Odyssey ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 21.10.15Belfast, GB, Odyssey ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 22.10.15Belfast, GB, Odyssey ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 25.10.15Newcastle, GB, Metro Radio ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 26.10.15Newcastle, GB, Metro Radio ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 27.10.15Newcastle, GB, Metro Radio ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 29.10.15Sheffield, GB, Motorpoint ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 30.10.15Sheffield, GB, Motorpoint ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 31.10.15Sheffield, GB, Motorpoint Arena
Don't forget there was also the rumour of AEG selling the O2 arena and searching for a larger venue in order to fight off what the Olympic stadium would rival.. numbers. Yes that AEG link just won't go away will it. AEG also own AEG Live, the world’s second-biggest live music and concert ticket company which no doubt will be an advantage should they be brought in.
http://aegworldwide.com/facilities/arenas/arenas

Last edited:
Cash from NFL would be lovely..

However, an NFL deal would result in NWHL being the most famous UK (and probably European) Stadium in North America.

By association, hopefully Tottenham Hotspurs will be the most famous EPL team in North America.

If you're an American sports fan coming to see your team play in Tottenham you are more likely to buy a spurs memento/have a soft spot for Spurs..

Who are these Hotspurs you talk about?

One Direction would fill it for two weeks straight easy, during the summer holidays

Apparently they sold out the UK tour on the day they went on sale, with the O2 London selling in hours/midday. They are also selling out the US part where they are using NFL stadia to host there gigs. One direction did two dates at Wembley last year as well.
If Ed Sheeran can sell out 3 dates and Eminem 2 dates at Wembley stadium then I'd say it was easier than you may think.

Europe
  • 24.09.15London, GB, O2 ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 25.09.15London, GB, O2 ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 26.09.15London, GB, O2 ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 28.09.15London, GB, O2 ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 29.09.15London, GB, O2 ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 30.09.15London, GB, O2 ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 03.10.15Manchester, GB, Manchester ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 04.10.15Manchester, GB, Manchester ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 07.10.15Glasgow, GB, SSE Hydro ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 08.10.15Glasgow, GB, SSE Hydro ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 10.10.15Birmingham, GB, Barclaycard ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 11.10.15Birmingham, GB, Barclaycard ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 12.10.15Birmingham, GB, Barclaycard ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 16.10.15Dublin, IE, 3ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 17.10.15Dublin, IE, 3ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 18.10.15Dublin, IE, 3ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 20.10.15Belfast, GB, Odyssey ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 21.10.15Belfast, GB, Odyssey ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 22.10.15Belfast, GB, Odyssey ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 25.10.15Newcastle, GB, Metro Radio ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 26.10.15Newcastle, GB, Metro Radio ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 27.10.15Newcastle, GB, Metro Radio ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 29.10.15Sheffield, GB, Motorpoint ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 30.10.15Sheffield, GB, Motorpoint ArenaI'm goingSold out
  • 31.10.15Sheffield, GB, Motorpoint Arena
Don't forget there was also the rumour of AEG selling the O2 arena and searching for a larger venue in order to fight off what the Olympic stadium would rival.. numbers. Yes that AEG link just won't go away will it. AEG also own AEG Live, the world’s second-biggest live music and concert ticket company which no doubt will be an advantage should they be brought in.
http://aegworldwide.com/facilities/arenas/arenas

We'd be competing against established venues with far better transport links, parking and in less bricky parts of London. The open air concert season is pretty short in the UK and I doubt that we would get a licence to hold anywhere near the number of events that you are suggesting.

Is this American rugby thing cast in stone....is this definitely on...?

I,d rather it not happen if its going to **** the stadium up.

No, not at all. Only speculation to keep us occupied until the Archway thing is sorted.

Almost certainly not going to happen would be my guesstimate on the likelihood. Been flat wrong repeatedly in the past though.

Enough NFL chat, if anything is happening with that I'll be the first to know.

Any sign of any changes at the Archway site?

We'd be competing against established venues with far better transport links, parking and in less crudty parts of London. The open air concert season is pretty short in the UK and I doubt that we would get a licence to hold anywhere near the number of events that you are suggesting.

If its Haringey that hold the licence to give us the power then I'd say we do. Stopping it IMO would only be the Police, but I think the links will improve.

If its Haringey that hold the licence to give us the power then I'd say we do. Stopping it IMO would only be the Police, but I think the links will improve.

Can you name another outdoor venue in London that holds that many concerts a year?

The transport links are never going to be able to compete with the O2 or Olympic Stadium

If the transport links aren't going to cope then maybe we shouldn't build a new stadium.

I read that AEG were looking for a bigger venue to rival the Olympic stadium as they felt it would hinder there core London business. I think if I am not mistaken Live Nation has teamed up with that venue. AEGs direct rival.

I don't know the answer but I'd be staggered if there isn't some clever piece of engineering that could be done to accommodate 2 playing surfaces.

ss_lane_stadium_con2.jpg

lane-stadium_install.jpg

www.hunterindustries.com/site-study/hunter-plays-key-role-installation-nations-first-tray-system-turf-college-field-0

Or we could build on top of the existing surface:

HAMPDEN_360.JPG

508ec1cfb6d51.image.jpg

Back