• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

He was never going to make it beyond the summer

i do however appreciate the work he has done so far

If he gets us into Europe he would have done his job IMO

What's he done well? Genuine question. Bring Adebayor back.

For me the style of football is progressively worsening.

TS now is in a position where he has very likely made some enemies in the dressing room and definitely has lost the fans. The team looks fragile and likely to get beat badly against the scum. He is also, in my opinion, doing the image of the club no favours with his idiotic behaviour in the media and on the touchline. I had an irrational dislike for the man before, now he has rationalised it for me.

Soldado gets his goal from open play.. what happens, spends the next 180mins on the bench. Things are fcuked up at this club.

Isn't ANYBODY going to defend TS tonight???

It's only fair tbh

It's simply not his fault IMO.

The attitude of some on here is the same attitude holding the club back. 'Harry had to go, sacking AVB was the right move but Tim is clueless and was never going to last beyond the summer' seems a fair summation of the various lines of thought.

To quote Tim, when will people 'wake up' and realise that maybe it isn't all about hiring this one absolutely fantastic manager that sorts everything it for us and has considerably less flaws? It's getting beyond a joke now, apparently every manager we hire deserves to be sacked in 2 years max because he simply wasn't as good as we thought he would be, absolute joke.

I don't blame the managers, I don't blame the players as such. To an extent I blame Bale for leaving which forced us to rebuild the squad in such a small space of time. But I don't blame the club for doing that either. It was an opportunity to sign some quality and I think the players we brought in are all talented. But actually forging a new team spirit and acclimatising 7 mostly foreign, non English speaking players in the same summer as selling a lot of or English core, it's going to be tough. It will take time. So I ultimately blame Levy for setting ridiculous expectations and blaming others when it didn't work out.

I don't blame Tim. People can say we don't look good tactically or whatever but it's all a function of the whole team dynamic taking time forge IMO.

Soldado gets his goal from open play.. what happens, spends the next 180mins on the bench. Things are fcuked up at this club.

and have been for a long time.

TS has done nothing to make me say he's here past this summer but I am really struggling to find a reason why a manager of LVG's stature would want to come to us.

and have been for a long time.

TS has done nothing to make me say he's here past this summer but I am really struggling to find a reason why a manager of LVG's stature would want to come to us.

Just a pure hopeful guess, but maybe he would love the challenge. Club in a tail spin, he whips it into shape. Sold!

absolutely.....reminds me of how AVB treated Lamela, a good game and followed by countless games left on the bench. macaron managers

The attitude of some on here is the same attitude holding the club back. 'Harry had to go, sacking AVB was the right move but Tim is clueless and was never going to last beyond the summer' seems a fair summation of the various lines of thought.

To quote Tim, when will people 'wake up' and realise that maybe it isn't all about hiring this one absolutely fantastic manager that sorts everything it for us and has considerably less flaws? It's getting beyond a joke now, apparently every manager we hire deserves to be sacked in 2 years max because he simply wasn't as good as we thought he would be, absolute joke.

I don't blame the managers, I don't blame the players as such. To an extent I blame Bale for leaving which forced us to rebuild the squad in such a small space of time. But I don't blame the club for doing that either. It was an opportunity to sign some quality and I think the players we brought in are all talented. But actually forging a new team spirit and acclimatising 7 mostly foreign, non English speaking players in the same summer as selling a lot of or English core, it's going to be tough. It will take time. So I ultimately blame Levy for setting ridiculous expectations and blaming others when it didn't work out.

I don't blame Tim. People can say we don't look good tactically or whatever but it's all a function of the whole team dynamic taking time forge IMO.

I just posted something in the Levy rant thread which basically lays this out. The expectation of Daniel Levy far exceed what they should be based on the time and cost constraints that he puts on his managers.

Edit: although I do think he has to shoulder a fair bit of the blame for how we've played lately (especially since he's so publicly voiced his disapproval)

Last edited:

Actually I made a mistake its 160mins as he came on for the last 20, only because us fans were calling for him to come on.

Sherwood is starting to look like a fool. First his rant on Sunday and now his gripe and their manager:

Sherwood said: "I thought his team were very good, got a lot of class. It's a pity he doesn't." Explaining his confrontation with Jesus, Sherwood added: "In the first two minutes, he was coming over to the fourth official saying I was stepping in his box.

"He doesn't mind himself, does he? Waving goodbye like that with three fingers? It lacks class. Why would anyone do that?"

Cant wait til the summer and we're rid of the man

Of course its about managers - again, look at Man U. Same squad last year and this year - last year they were champions, this year they're 7th. Ferguson was an excellent manager, Moyes is a reasonable manager....and look at the difference it makes! GHod knows where they would be with a sh1t manager in charge

I think Sherwoods rants are a smoke screen for the fact he is out of his depth.

People say AVB did not earn the right in football to manage a big club, so what did Sherwood do?

What upsets me about Tottenham is that its a big club and a big job, so rather than dangle the job like a carrot to the best manager available we give it to Sherwood, thats what annoys me, it devalues the club.

Sherwood is starting to look like a fool. First his rant on Sunday and now his gripe and their manager:

Sherwood said: "I thought his team were very good, got a lot of class. It's a pity he doesn't." Explaining his confrontation with Jesus, Sherwood added: "In the first two minutes, he was coming over to the fourth official saying I was stepping in his box.

"He doesn't mind himself, does he? Waving goodbye like that with three fingers? It lacks class. Why would anyone do that?"

Cant wait til the summer and we're rid of the man

Nothing says dignified like silence.

Of course its about managers - again, look at Man U. Same squad last year and this year - last year they were champions, this year they're 7th. Ferguson was an excellent manager, Moyes is a reasonable manager....and look at the difference it makes! GHod knows where they would be with a sh1t manager in charge

Man U is a completely different situation. They are coming off the back of 20 years of dominating english football and have gone from Champions to finishing 5-7th. We've gone from finishing 5th last year under an average manager to looking like finishing 5th - 7th this year under another average manager.

Timmeh is no innocent party. He was Macbeth to AVB's Duncan. Now he's meeting his Macduff

What's he done well? Genuine question. Bring Adebayor back.

For me the style of football is progressively worsening.

Could'nt agree more. If my granny had been put in charge, she's knows enough about football that even she would have picked Adebayor back into the side. That is all Sherwood has done. Take his goals away and who has improved ? What has improved ? Nothing ! Most players look even worse at the moment. We are in total freefall !

Back