• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Timmeh is no innocent party. He was Macbeth to AVB's Duncan. Now he's meeting his Macduff

You're right to be fair, I was thinking about this after I made the post.

If (and although it hasn't been confirmed, it has been suggested that AVB thought Tim was trying to make it difficult for him) Sherwood played a part in removing AVB and was filling the board with ideas that results would be able to be gained much more easily if AVB wasn't doing what he was doing, then Sherwood is at fault there too. I get the feeling he wildly under-estimated the task he would have, and the task that was facing AVB.

Could'nt agree more. If my granny had been put in charge, she's knows enough about football that even she would have picked Adebayor back into the side. That is all Sherwood has done. Take his goals away and who has improved ? What has improved ? Nothing ! Most players look even worse at the moment. We are in total freefall !

By that reckoning had AVB still been in charge and Ade sidelined those goals wouldn't have happened and we'd be down in 8th place and already out of the EL.

What Sherwood has done is stop the freefall and made it a gradual decline but one that still has us in 5th place. He's not been perfect but the team has improved under him as the results show.

Of course its about managers - again, look at Man U. Same squad last year and this year - last year they were champions, this year they're 7th. Ferguson was an excellent manager, Moyes is a reasonable manager....and look at the difference it makes! GHod knows where they would be with a sh1t manager in charge

Ok so is Steve McLaren a bad manager or a good manager? He's rubbish because of Nottingham Forest right? Oh no wait a minute he's great because of FC Twente. Oh no he's rubbish because of Wolfsburg. Oh no wait he's great because of what he's done at Derby.

It's not all about the manager, it's about the right manager going into the right situation at the right club and having a lot of things be suited to them to allow them to work. And that's why I think managers need time, because to get everything as they want it so they can impart their ideas, it takes time to weed out the dissenters and get the right guys in and settled.

Could'nt agree more. If my granny had been put in charge, she's knows enough about football that even she would have picked Adebayor back into the side. That is all Sherwood has done. Take his goals away and who has improved ? What has improved ? Nothing ! Most players look even worse at the moment. We are in total freefall !

Maybe the players just aren't as good as you think they are, ever thought of that? 26 points from 13 games, don't think it's realistic to think we could've done much better than that.

By that reckoning had AVB still been in charge and Ade sidelined those goals wouldn't have happened and we'd be down in 8th place and already out of the EL.

What Sherwood has done is stop the freefall and made it a gradual decline but one that still has us in 5th place. He's not been perfect but the team has improved under him as the results show.

There was no free fall. That's rewriting history. Avb got spanked by some of the big teams and he paid the price, his results against the smaller teams were pretty consistent.

All Sherwood seems to have done is take apart the system that avb tried to play, and put adebayor back in the team.

The big problem for me is the purchasing in the summer. Everyone here knew what type of players that were required. A left back and a creative centre mid. Despite our large outlays, neither of these ever materialised and we are still paying the price now.

The players we bought are still good players, (apart from soldado) but there's just nobody in the engine room (a la modric) to make the team run.

The people who take the blame for that should be baldini, avb and levy. And I have no idea who takes what amount of it.

Anyone who still thinks Sherwood is the answer obviously doesn't know the question

Anyone who still thinks Sherwood is the answer obviously doesn't know the question

Is the question - what recent premiership manager has looked as completely out of his depth as Steve Kean, Stuart Gray and Steve Wigley?

What's he done well? Genuine question. Bring Adebayor back.

For me the style of football is progressively worsening.

the football is getting worse but he did bring us back from something even worse or as bad as what we are seeing now...... and he did show that some of these footballers can actually play. not to mention he has actually won a decent amount of games under his tenure.

the football wasnt bad from the off but it is getting worse

I think Sherwoods rants are a smoke screen for the fact he is out of his depth.

People say AVB did not earn the right in football to manage a big club, so what did Sherwood do?

What upsets me about Tottenham is that its a big club and a big job, so rather than dangle the job like a carrot to the best manager available we give it to Sherwood, thats what annoys me, it devalues the club.

Agree. He'll be gone in the summer and we should get a proper manager in - however it does mean that the next couple months are going to be horrible. I just hope that Levy acts asap in the summer - LVG should be able to sign a pre-contract which begins after the WC (assuming he hasnt done so already)

the football is getting worse but he did bring us back from something even worse or as bad as what we are seeing now...... and he did show that some of these footballers can actually play. not to mention he has actually won a decent amount of games under his tenure.

the football wasnt bad from the off but it is getting worse

I am guessing statistically it's not much different than what we were doing under AVB. There are also a lot of factors. Bringing back Ade (fired up). An easier schedule of games.

Results wise though I wouldn't really care so much if we were losing but showing real signs of improvement and cohesion in the side. This is all but gone now. There is what appears to be zero chemistry between these players. The balance is way off.

The constant chopping and changing of formation too. I was pulling my hair out looking at the team he picked against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and to his credit we performed superbly. But then we were doing well with 4-4-2 and Eriksen on the left. That suddenly changed. I understand there were some injuries, a lot. But why do we change from week to week.

I don't think we've been good enough to think we can just adjust so easily and expect to brush the opposition away. The players look lost. They are crying out for some guidance. The more I think about it, the more LVG just makes sense. I bet something will happen where we won't get him now.

Also on the rant. It's fine. In fact most of us will all say he echoed how we as fans have felt for some time.

The fact that it was public. For me I was like oooo I'm not sure about this. Yes it's what we fans are thinking, but we're not managers. Sports psychology is a lot more complex than that. As Scara said, where do we go from here?

What's left to be said? What's good is, at least we've tried it, and now fans should understand it's not as simple as just shouting at players to get better performances. You have to command respect. Some of those players look broken.

I just want them to enjoy their football. Eriksen looks a real talent. I want him to enjoy the freedom of WHL and enjoy his football here.

I am guessing statistically it's not much different than what we were doing under AVB. There are also a lot of factors. Bringing back Ade (fired up). An easier schedule of games.

Results wise though I wouldn't really care so much if we were losing but showing real signs of improvement and cohesion in the side. This is all but gone now. There is what appears to be zero chemistry between these players. The balance is way off.

The constant chopping and changing of formation too. I was pulling my hair out looking at the team he picked against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and to his credit we performed superbly. But then we were doing well with 4-4-2 and Eriksen on the left. That suddenly changed. I understand there were some injuries, a lot. But why do we change from week to week.

I don't think we've been good enough to think we can just adjust so easily and expect to brush the opposition away. The players look lost. They are crying out for some guidance. The more I think about it, the more LVG just makes sense. I bet something will happen where we won't get him now.

Code:
AVB                    Sherwood
16       games            13
0.94     avg scored       1.69
1.31     avg conceded     1.23
50%      win rate         61.5%
31.25%   loss rate        23%
1.69     points/game      2.0

It's all Sherwood's fault.

Code:
AVB                    Sherwood
16       games            13
0.94     avg scored       1.69
1.31     avg conceded     1.23
50%      win rate         61.5%
31.25%   loss rate        23%
1.69     points/game      2.0

It's all Sherwood's fault.

I really cannot stand posts like this. Throw all the stats at us that you want, the football is dire. Use your eyes. Sherwood has done nothing to improve it. There is no sign of any cohesion.

Let's see that record after we lost the next 2 to Arsenal and Liverpool. I imagine it will be very similar.

Agree. He'll be gone in the summer and we should get a proper manager in - however it does mean that the next couple months are going to be horrible. I just hope that Levy acts asap in the summer - LVG should be able to sign a pre-contract which begins after the WC (assuming he hasnt done so already)

I think we need to announce asap (i.e. now), just to bring some positivity and focus back for the fans and players.

It's been a long time since the club has felt this low.

I really cannot stand posts like this. Throw all the stats at us that you want, the football is dire. Use your eyes. Sherwood has done nothing to improve it. There is no sign of any cohesion.

Let's see that record after we lost the next 2 to Arsenal and Liverpool. I imagine it will be very similar.

The football improved and then went back to being just as bad but the common theme on here is that Sherwood is to blame and is undoing all of AVB's good work, that clearly is not the case - as those stats demonstrate.

Also on the rant. It's fine. In fact most of us will all say he echoed how we as fans have felt for some time.

The fact that it was public. For me I was like oooo I'm not sure about this. Yes it's what we fans are thinking, but we're not managers. Sports psychology is a lot more complex than that. As Scara said, where do we go from here?

What's left to be said? What's good is, at least we've tried it, and now fans should understand it's not as simple as just shouting at players to get better performances. You have to command respect. Some of those players look broken.

I just want them to enjoy their football. Eriksen looks a real talent. I want him to enjoy the freedom of WHL and enjoy his football here.

So the lesson to be learnt from the Timmeh experiment is that you need a professional to manage your club, not just a trumped-up fan trying to wing it.

The football improved and then went back to being just as bad but the common theme on here is that Sherwood is to blame and is undoing all of AVB's good work, that clearly is not the case - as those stats demonstrate.

I really don't think the football improved, Ade was re-introduced, we committed more people forward, we had a very easy run of games, can't say our football improved.

I don't want to make this about AVB as he was fired with reason, but it does seem the team is getting worse (passing/possession/discipline).

Honestly I really do believe at this stage, keeping TS until the end of season will do more harm than good.

So the lesson to be learnt from the Timmeh experiment is that you need a professional to manage your club, not just a trumped-up fan trying to wing it.

Exactly, football management is difficult, at the highest levels its extremely so.

Fans make exactly the wrong kind of decisions e.g. why not play the under 21's in Europa, why not give a completely inexperienced guy a chance.
THFC is a hundreds of millions pound business, while experience does not guarantee success, it certainly is a mitigates some of the risk.

Levy took a punt, it's failing quickly, the best thing he can do is stop it now.

Back