• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

We were beaten by a better team but like all season, it was individual errors that costs us.

I thought that we played alright until they scored and had another good patch in the second half. The difference was that they were far more experienced, clinical and we gifted them three goals.

I think for me, the major problem is that there has now been enough time to at least see a pattern of play with the players he has, he's through the initial phase of simply getting a tune out of them and now's the time we should be seeing a pattern. But we don't have one. Now, whether he is working on it all week and they simply don't execute on match-day, whether he has been left with a few players who don't want to play for him, whatever the reasons, it's getting harder and harder to defend the total lack of direction beyond his anger.

Frankly, you can tab a lot of this failure on the fact we did not make the CL in 2012. That kept us under a 'ceiling' with regards to players we could get, and our failure to qualify last year has also cost us in that regard. we signed a lot of decent players, but they are not top top drawer in the sense of 'fighting with CL clubs for them'...I have no doubt they are all under-performing, and no doubt we can get better out of them, but let's face it, we sniffed Negredo but the moment City made their move, no chance. Being in the Europa year after year leaves you with access to a certain type of player. And reliance on scouts to find the next Modders or Berba...I suspect part of Broomfield's return is based on that. Because we cannot go out and do what Chelski do, which is either buy kids and farm then out, or nick then for big conga when ready...

I am preparing myself for a 3 year plan of scouting, average performance with the hope of growing. I am preparing myself for another massive turnaround this summer...it's better to be surprised by in the positive than the negative, thus I'm setting my expectations lower/at realistic level, for the coming few seasons...

Well...that was just shambolic.
Tim threw the dice and here we are.
I personally find it astounding there is still word he could be manager next season, but it is possible...I mean look, for me? Unimaginable currently...but again, we have to look above. I've defended Levy to the hilt, but this is a proper vanishing point. He has to give his next appointment proper support and stay out of things. For real. If it is LVG, then he has to follow those rules or else the same thing will happen, albeit with a bit more grace and class. If he throws his lot in with Sherwood, then the same rules apply, except we would effectively be committing to three years of average 'maybe-best-of-the-rest' play in the hope that he can build something mighty.
There's no doubt in my mind that many of those players are no longer playing with confidence or any desire to play for him whatsoever...it feels, to me, like a busted flush, but we shall see...

For the first time I can remember in decades, I hold no hope whatsoever of a result on Sunday. What's worse is the creeping sense of resignation. I tried to get optimistic again, I tried to retain a very open book on all that's been going on the last few months, and I tried to see positives wherever I could. But I've run out of places to look. A sad, sad night...

Pretty much how I feel at the moment. Was up at 4am watching this and after their first goal I just felt kinda numb for the rest of the game.

When Eriksen scored there was no emotion. I recognised it was a cracking goal, but a few years ago I'd have been running around the room like a loon. Today, I shrugged due to the otherwise totally inept performance and assumption we'd concede again.

Oh how I wish I could've walked into that dressing room tonight and said...

47386701255048ec47e9.gif

I sometimes look at them and think that even if someone better was in charge it wouldn't make any difference. Keep Tim as happy as we can until May, the last thing you want is hiring a new manager with less than ten games left although I agree he isn't the man for the job, GHod only knows who is.

As one who had high hopes for him it's sadly looking increasingly like Sherwood is almost as clueless as was AVB.

Bring back 'Arry!!!

Pretty much how I feel at the moment. Was up at 4am watching this and after their first goal I just felt kinda numb for the rest of the game.

When Eriksen scored there was no emotion. I recognised it was a cracking goal, but a few years ago I'd have been running around the room like a loon. Today, I shrugged due to the otherwise totally inept performance and assumption we'd concede again.

yep. I was up for a rip roaring 2 games but watching everything very closely I soon returned to an apathetic state...I really feel so distraught watching us at times.

I mean we have had poor players and played poo before but having supposedly good players watching them be so incohesive is very horrible.

I have no doubt that when I watch Paulinho for Brazil he will be darting round busting a gut showing for a pass, for spurs he is statuesque and thats being polite. When we have defenders on the ball no one from midfield is dropping in for a pass hence the frequency of long balls vs Benfica, thought me might be different without Dawson's long rangers but Kaboul just took his place but with less accuracy. Because a pass isnt available we keep going back to Lloris and then yes we lose possesion again. Sandro doesnt look right and seems to be overly reckless...maybe because of match fitness. Benfica have a class defence but we would never have scored against them from open play...again the lack of movement up front is also terrible...Kane comes really deep to get the ball due to his frustrations...corner conceded bang. Lennon has no confidence to take a man on anymore.

I have tried to be positive...I think Sherwood has done some good things but he is in a very lonely place right now...redemption is possible on Sunday but I just cant imagine a scenario where we can beat them...unless they dont turn up.

I think recently Tim has tinkered too much.

As of now all I can say is that I hope WHL is rocking on sunday...something goes our way and the players get inspired.

just something to get our mojo back...anything really.

Isn't ANYBODY going to defend TS tonight???

It's only fair tbh

For the sakes of argument:

- On paper, given injuries and rotation, the team selection was reasonable. You can argue it other ways of course, but pre-match people in the OMT weren't dismayed.

- All three goals were down to basic individual brainlessness, two of them at set pieces. Nothing much to do with tactics.

- The main culprit for our downfall was, again, the players seizing up with fear and uncertainty. It was paralysis out there once the chips were down. No on-field leadership, again.

- Our £17m Brazilian international won't tackle people, and pulls out when he's the one tackled.

- Walker, Sandro and Kaboul are not fit, but options to replace them are limited.

- The form of some of our marquee players - Lloris, Vertonghen, Soldado - is atrocious.

- We were beaten by the better team, and yet 1-3 was harsh. They scored probably with every effort on target unless I'm very mistaken.

- Sherwood has been given a hospital pass the way things have panned out this season.

I guess those would be the defences. If anyone were putting defences up, that is.

The problem for me really is the total lack of team pattern in the side. The lack of movement is shocking, they are so static out there. Our best player in terms of contribution is playing out wide where he cannot influence the game

I think so far Tim has tried 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 and 4-4-1-1 and only one game have we looked cohesive. But more than that the players now look like they are not putting in the effort for Tim and have the end of season in sight.

Watching the highlights when I got in it was shocking to see Tim staring down some players with his arms wide basically saying "what are you doing" again I thought his personnel choice and tactics were all wrong.

Considering Benfica are unlucky not to have made it through in the champions league they are a good side. They showed they have a good team structure and know how to play their system.

I just don't see that with us. I see a basic system with no star players to drag it along like Harry had.

It's pitiful to watch at the moment and I'm dreading Sunday.

i was disappointed when he was given the job and he's certainly made mistakes but as time goes on I'm feeling more and more sorry for him, we have a squad of unprofessional cnuts by the looks of it

i don't think we have any idea what his tactics and schemes are as the players are clearly ignoring it

it's disgraceful really, it doesn't matter whether the boss is Mourinho, Sherwood or the chairmans 12 year old nephew, it's called chain of command and this lot are clearly flouting it

He was never going to make it beyond the summer

i do however appreciate the work he has done so far

If he gets us into Europe he would have done his job IMO

Starting Kane in front of Soldado

Nothing more needs saying

No one knows what Kane did in training?

Soldado has been overall poor this season and suffering from a crisis of confidence

Kane works harder than soldado off the ball in a defensive capacity and still provides an extra man up front

And Sherwoods overall points haul has been pretty impressive

Personally i think a lot more needs saying that started kane in front of solly. no real picture there

If we get our asses whipped properly on Sunday, could this be the season Levy reaches new heights, by sacking not one, but two managers??

And Sherwoods overall points haul has been pretty impressive

18 games total
9 wins
2 draws
7 losses

Doing all right. Will probably be something like 22 - 10 - 2 - 10 after the next three games though. The trend is worrying.

Isn't ANYBODY going to defend TS tonight???

It's only fair tbh

Even the best sculpter can't produce a a masterpiece with blunt tools.

Tonight wasn't just down to TS but a bunch of people who had no desire to perform on the highest stage, they should honestly look at themselves in the mirror and ask "am I a professional footballer or a wuss?"

N defence of the defenceless, Benefica were definitely the better team- a combined Spurs Benfica team based on last nights performance and struggling to fit a spurs player in.

Men vs boys- they are a much better organised and dallied side, on an amazing run of form at the moment- united would have struggled to best that lot last night so no shame in losing to a much superior side who were pretty much full strength where we definitely had an under strength side.

On the other hand, we didn't half make it easy for them did we with some shocking defending at set pieces?! Ok 3rd goal was lucky, you don't often see them lashed in like that from a centre half no less.

Someone else alluded to the problem- we just couldn't pass the ball well or to each other consistently. The players looked like they were forcing everything with so many passes being overhit it's astonishing. If ever a game needed someone to get on the bAll and play it simple it was this but Nabil is on the bench for far too long.

They looked proper dangerous down both wings with so much pace and trickery. We just couldn't get going, we needed calmer heads than headless chickens.

The rest of the season could well be disastrous- the pressure is mounting on Sherwood and I'm not sure he'll be able to handle it as let's face it he's never had to daal with a situation like this before. He is learning still but the business end of the season is relentless and ruthless for ending the ambitions of many a more experienced manager.

Maybe this is partly motivated by the argument I've been making all week but does anyone else think their manager spotted a weakness in Sherwood (that he's too hot headed) and got inside his head from the off.

Didn't Tim say he'd been acting the pr1ck from the second minute? Seems unusually c**tish carry on as did the celebration after their third.

Not saying it defined the result, they were better than us, but I wonder will we try to see opposition managers try to get under Tim's skin between now and the end of the season.

I think there were enough weaknesses on the pitch to exploit first, might have been on his list though

Back