• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

This club.....

flaglerbuildingimplosio.gif

he is a kid, i want him to do well, but this was not the game for him to be involved in. Benfica are top class, we were at home, we should have gone with our strongest side possible and players in their right positions.

in hindsight I agree, I do see some logic in his selection though as he's very very good at keeping possession which is something we have been lacking recently

why was Kane trying to do an awful Zidane impression outside our box that led to him losing the ball, Benfica player shooting, Lloris palming away for a corner, Benfica scoring from resulting corner???

Well as I said "apart from the loss of possession" he did no worse than Ade so either could've been subbed. Just because he gave the ball away in a dangerous area doesn't mean it automatically has to be a goal, others were to blame for the final outcome although I do take your point on board.

I criticised Kane in the OMT, I thought up until his error he was ****. After that though he done pretty well.

I've stood up for TS in the past. The players still have to take some of the blame because they've been **** all season, but we were awful tonight and TS has to share the blame for that. Paulinho offers absolutely nothing, we know from past experience Naughton is not a left back, so why play him there? Soldado finally gets his goal then immediately finds himself back on the bench. We couldn't keep possession in midfield yet we didn't change anything to allow us to do so. We spent most of our time launching the ball up to Ade.

He's come out and criticised the players and has seemingly got absolutely no reaction from them. We didn't really fight tonight, we didn't press well, we allowed them to press us at every opportunity, our passing was sloppy, we didn't move the ball.

We are so so easy to play against, set up two banks of four, draw us in, then hit us on the break. Job done.

We did start OK I suppose and have a 5-10 minute period in 2nd half and Benfica do look an excellent side with players who are technically and tactically superior to ours.

But in all honestly, after coming out and saying what he said after the Chelsea game, TS has to shoulder some of the blame here.

Not looking forward to the NLD for probably the first time ever.

Bloody hell how many have you seen?! :lol:

You explained nothing. Well no that's wrong, you informed me that i was clueless whilst then proceeding to agree with me about invisibilinho and not making a change earlier (2 of my 3 points).

The team make me furious right now with the stupid individual errors and gutless performances (that has gone on the whole season). Sherwood is a goner come the summer...i don't get what your constant Tupac like rants are gonna do but hey...carry on by all means.

Yes I did, I went in to detail why it was mental to say Kane should've state don and not Ade.

Thing is, I used to be so unbelievably positive until I saw the monster I could see Tim created almost instantly when he took over. I wanted AVB to work so much but I understand why he went. Tim, and this team, just break my ****ing heart now, every game!! I can't help but be angry at Tim, and Levy!!

Kane was far better than Ade today therefore he should have stayed on. I don't base subs on who's the superior player overall, i base them on how that specific match is going.

At least on a par and the switch to an extra player in midfield should have happened but didn't, the times we got overrun on the counter was unreal. In all honesty I thought Benfica were a good, well organised side but not great. As is typical of Spurs we make sides look far better than they actually are.

I criticised Kane in the OMT, I thought up until his error he was ****. After that though he done pretty well.

I've stood up for TS in the past. The players still have to take some of the blame because they've been **** all season, but we were awful tonight and TS has to share the blame for that. Paulinho offers absolutely nothing, we know from past experience Naughton is not a left back, so why play him there? Soldado finally gets his goal then immediately finds himself back on the bench. We couldn't keep possession in midfield yet we didn't change anything to allow us to do so. We spent most of our time launching the ball up to Ade.

He's come out and criticised the players and has seemingly got absolutely no reaction from them. We didn't really fight tonight, we didn't press well, we allowed them to press us at every opportunity, our passing was sloppy, we didn't move the ball.

We are so so easy to play against, set up two banks of four, draw us in, then hit us on the break. Job done.

We did start OK I suppose and have a 5-10 minute period in 2nd half and Benfica do look an excellent side with players who are technically and tactically superior to ours.

But in all honestly, after coming out and saying what he said after the Chelsea game, TS has to shoulder some of the blame here.

Not looking forward to the NLD for probably the first time ever.

I agree with a lot of what you say Millsy, I do however think Tim is fighting a losing battle these players are not his I still think he's doing a half decent job. Benfica were far better than I thought (their managers a **** tho!), they looked well drilled, worked hard all their players suited the system they play. We on the other hand have a lot of players who were brought in to play a certain system, thats be changed and we are finding out some are not up to the task.

As soon as the final whistle is blown on Sunday 11th May. Levy has a big decesion get LVG signed up before the world cup kicks off or stick with him Tim and start clearing out some of the ****e we bought last summer

Was not good from him tonight though I think the better team won. I just think we do not look like a team have not really since redknapp left, even when it was avb we usually relied on Bale to win or we played badly.

I would like to see what a guy like LVG could do with us but I just hope we give him time lots of time. Also I hope for no Europa league next season so that the players learn to play with each other.

Back