• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

personally i think this happened when we missed out in 11/12 - and it has been a rebuilding job ever since - the emergence of Bale as a world class talent masking the work that was needed on the squad.

Agree with this…I'm not sure the original post about throwing away 5 years work was specific time-wise…I will, however, always wonder what might've happened had Levy given AVB Moutinho and Leandro...

Rogers also turned down our job because he said he wouldn't be given enough time/suppport to implement his project.

IIRC he said he would have turned down the Spurs job not that he did. I think it was pre-match bull****.

Rogers was also junior to AVB in the Chelsea setup.

I'm not sure that youth team coach is junior to opposition scout.

So people are saying Verts and Lloris show signs thy will be off in the summer....so is TS losing the dressing room like AVB apparently did?

It looks long gone

Verts and Dembele look most actively ****ed off
Lloris is very professional but he's got dead eyes now
Soldado is a broken man mentally
Capoue and Chadli (and Holtby) seemed to be actively being pushed towards the door in January, which can't be good for their morale
And the two Eriks are now missing in action

Ade and Bentaleb are the only ones who have obvious personal loyalty to him. Even Townsend and Rose were through the youth team before he took over.

Agree with this…I'm not sure the original post about throwing away 5 years work was specific time-wise…I will, however, always wonder what might've happened had Levy given AVB Moutinho and Leandro...

Don't waste your thoughts mate if AVB was going to succeed he should have been able to do it without being over reliant on particular players. My regret is that we didn't replace Harry with Martinez but I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing.

It looks long gone

Capoue and Chadli (and Holtby) seemed to be actively being pushed towards the door in January, which can't be good for their morale

Ade and Bentaleb are the only ones who have obvious personal loyalty to him. Even Townsend and Rose were through the youth team before he took over.

I think that you have to be very careful about speculation like this. More often than not, I think people project their own views onto others and read too much into facial expressions or small details.

If TS has lost players (and the same ones) that AVB was said to have lost, surely that reflects more on the players, no?

It looks long gone

Tbf GB under AVB

Verts was ****ed off because he was forced to play LB as AVB had got rid of Benny
Loris was almost left with brain damage.
Soldado's problems really started he's actually looked better under Tim.
Capoue and Chadli hardly played
Lamela was just missing while eriksen mostly looked lost.

Less said about Ade the better.

I think that you have to be very careful about speculation like this. More often than not, I think people project their own views onto others and read too much into facial expressions or small details.

I would add general lack of effort/concern to the facial expressions. No one could watch today's match and say any player on the pitch was either motivated or confident. The best I can say is that Lloris and Lennon were professional, while Dawson was pained.

Tbf GB under AVB

Verts was ****ed off because he was forced to play LB as AVB had got rid of Benny

Dembele had a whinge to the Belgian media whilst on international duty about the role he was being asked to play too

I would add general lack of effort/concern to the facial expressions. No one could watch today's match and say any player on the pitch was either motivated or confident. The best I can say is that Lloris and Lennon were professional, while Dawson was pained.

There's no denying that it was a flat performance but there can be a number of reasons for that and all managers get them.

If TS has lost players (and the same ones) that AVB was said to have lost, surely that reflects more on the players, no?

Or both managers. It's why I'm leaning towards a big beast manager like LvG, rather than a bright young one like FdB. I think they are very much in need of a firm hand.

Tbf GB under AVB

I think there's more mitigating circumstances for AVB - losing out on Coentrao because of Baines, easing the new players in etc.

My personal impression is that while AVB lost some admiration from some players towards the end, they didn't stop liking him (bar Ade and BAE); whereas with Timmeh I don't think they either admire or like him.

Or both managers. It's why I'm leaning towards a big beast manager like LvG, rather than a bright young one like FdB. I think they are very much in need of a firm hand.

I think there's more mitigating circumstances for AVB - losing out on Coentrao because of Baines, easing the new players in etc.

My personal impression is that while AVB lost some admiration from some players towards the end, they didn't stop liking him (bar Ade and BAE); whereas with Timmeh I don't think they either admire or like him.

How in the bastard are there more mitigating circumstances for AVB?

Does Sherwood have Coentrao all of a sudden? Are all the players settled? Did he get a preseason? Did he get the players he wanted?

Have to say, not playing Eriksen today ranks up there with Arry taking VDV off at Villa and some of AVB's tactical masterstrokes like making Danny Rose your number 1 left back.

Am I the only one who thinks Lennon isn't good enough? Granted he wasn't the worst of the bunch today but the man has hardly improved a lick since he broke into the team in 2006. His crossing is still inconsistent, he rarely scores, he never plays more than 30 games a season.

Liverpool have improved, but they look and play like they should be 20 points above us not 6, how has turned around so drastically in the space of a few months?

Don't waste your thoughts mate if AVB was going to succeed he should have been able to do it without being over reliant on particular players. My regret is that we didn't replace Harry with Martinez but I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing.

yeah not time specific, I meant since redknapp took over, who knows who was top of his list when he ended up with neilsen and Saha, I'm not just talking AVB

funny that we have a system that requires giving players time to mature yet managers are not afforded the same

Have to say, not playing Eriksen today ranks up there with Arry taking VDV off at Villa and some of AVB's tactical masterstrokes like making Danny Rose your number 1 left back.

Am I the only one who thinks Lennon isn't good enough? Granted he wasn't the worst of the bunch today but the man has hardly improved a lick since he broke into the team in 2006. His crossing is still inconsistent, he rarely scores, he never plays more than 30 games a season.

Liverpool have improved, but they look and play like they should be 20 points above us not 6, how has turned around so drastically in the space of a few months?

Agree on both and no.

Maybe it comes down to the fact that the players feel they are better individually than where they are as a team and haven't seen what they want under either Sherwood or AVB?? With the players we have on paper, we should arguably be challenging for the top four places in the table, yet in reality we have a barely functionning unit.

I still can't believe todays selection, it was reminiscent of the team AVB selected to play West Ham after the players got back from Europe. Not so much in personel but in the way that there were very few fresh players. Now this could've been TS trying to encourage those that lost in the Ukraine to prove themselves, but whatever it was he screwed up. I said in the week that after what he did against them at WHL, Eriksen deserved a start against Norwich today.

PS: Kaboul and Walker injured or rested for Dnipro?

Can't believe he didn't play Eriksen. Terrible performance but I do think had Soldado taken the chance when he came on we would have gone on to win.

On the talk of a manager building something around a core of players, as I've said before that will never happen whilst we sell our best players on.

Someone, somewhere at the club needs to say Lloris, Verts, Sandro and Eriksen are going nowhere, no matter the offer, no matter how much they try to force a move. Then we need to strengthen the other areas either by buying or by allowing the players that we think are good enough to realise their potential.

My fear is this won't happen and the building cycle will start again next season.

Lennon is the least of our problems, especially when you realize Naughton and Rose were our two FBs today.

One thing I would say about Lennon, is wtf is TS doing playing him in the middle/floating? it's obviously instruction because left to his own, Lennon sticks out wide.

Liverpool has a system and an ability to get the ball to two strikers who are scoring, in form strikers make any side look great, but short answer = decent manager, Doglish was ****ing insane, only real way was up. Much like Redknapp after Ramos, if we get a decent manager in after AVB/TS, before we lose too many players, think people would be surprised.

Can't believe he didn't play Eriksen. Terrible performance but I do think had Soldado taken the chance when he came on we would have gone on to win.

On the talk of a manager building something around a core of players, as I've said before that will never happen whilst we sell our best players on.

Someone, somewhere at the club needs to say Lloris, Verts, Sandro and Eriksen are going nowhere, no matter the offer, no matter how much they try to force a move. Then we need to strengthen the other areas either by buying or by allowing the players that we think are good enough to realise their potential.

My fear is this won't happen and the building cycle will start again next season.

why would those guys stay? to play in a club that seemingly has no system, no CL football and a manager with zero experience?

Lennon is the least of our problems, especially when you realize Naughton and Rose were our two FBs today.

One thing I would say about Lennon, is wtf is TS doing playing him in the middle/floating? it's obviously instruction because left to his own, Lennon sticks out wide.

Liverpool has a system and an ability to get the ball to two strikers who are scoring, in form strikers make any side look great, but short answer = decent manager, Doglish was ****ing insane, only real way was up. Much like Redknapp after Ramos, if we get a decent manager in after AVB/TS, before we lose too many players, think people would be surprised.

How in gods name is Lennon the least of our problems? We struggle to create goals, if anything we should look to the attacking players to see who's not creating anything. And Lennon hasn't achieved the potential he had, it says something when the most used compliment about an attacking player is 'he puts in a good defensive shift'.

Naughton did perfectly fine, and rose got sold out by a massive error by bentelab. The weren't that bad. We conceded a single goal. Our issues were further up the pitch.

Back