• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Glad someone here has some close experience with the name though. Do you know why your parents chose it? If not, could you find out? I'm quite intrigued as to why parents would want to label their child as timid. Bold, brave, even pensive I can understand, but timid? I just don't get it.

Without meaning to take this thread completely off topic for a poor choice of name I'd recommend you go no further than my name Craig.

It means 'Rock'. I mean seriously WTF?

Without meaning to take this thread completely off topic for a poor choice of name I'd recommend you go no further than my name Craig.

It means 'Rock'. I mean seriously WTF?

The poster named Rock Strongo may disagree.

not really something im fussed about tbh - im not here to protect the honor of footballers or celebrities etc so if someone wants to call Sherwood names like Timmeh or refer to Levy as Baldy for example ( ;) ) then that's down to them (and up to others to judge them on) - that said obviously there are still rules with which the forum works to, but i think most people should know how to stay within them.

Gulity I've called Levy "Baldy" but that was just the one time, I don't refer to him with that name in on every post in every thread.

There's a very good reason for the name Timmeh (other than the fact I find it mildly amusing), I ****ing hate the name Tim/Timothy. I find it offensive.

Timothy > tim of Thee > timid of GHod. What a ****ing ridiculous name. I know most names can be traced to some kind of religious root, but that's just slapping you in the face with their pathetic deference.

That's a good way to antagonise people on here who are called Timothy and like their name or have given that name to their kids. With your precious haughty little opinion.
Which is based on a twisted/false translation as the name is derived from the Greek words 'to honour' and 'GHod'. Not about being timid.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Glad someone here has some close experience with the name though. Do you know why your parents chose it? If not, could you find out? I'm quite intrigued as to why parents would want to label their child as timid. Bold, brave, even pensive I can understand, but timid? I just don't get it.

You do remind me a bit of Katie Hopkins at times Scara.

That's a good way to antagonise people on here who are called Timothy and like their name or have given that name to their kids. With your precious haughty little opinion.
Which is based on a twisted/false translation as the name is derived from the Greek words 'to honour' and 'GHod'. Not about being timid.

Not a derivation I agree with, but even so would rather not have people's religion thrown in my face.

Not a derivation I agree with, but even so would rather not have people's religion thrown in my face.

I am amazed at these comments. Are you really being serious Scaramanga? because to be honest it is quite offensive that your making out that someone who called their child tim is a religious fanatic. We called our son Tom, just because we liked the name, does that have a religious meaning?

I made a deal with myself when i came back from my last ban to comment mainly on the youth and stadium threads because i accepted that maybe some of the problem was with my posting style. But honestly unless I have completely lost my sense of humour with age and you are being serious then I really do not understand the forum rules and i have read them again today.

Seriously dude, I think you're losing the plot.

Seconded, Scaramanga's posts are getting surreal. My name is Jeremy , Yirmiyahu in Hebrew, I am named after a Phrophet. I also happen to believe in G-d' Sorry in advance if my name shoves my religious beliefs down anyones throat.

Seconded, Scaramanga's posts are getting surreal. My name is Jeremy , Yirmiyahu in Hebrew, I am named after a Phrophet. I also happen to believe in G-d' Sorry in advance if my name shoves my religious beliefs down anyones throat.

Seriously? Probably better that we take this to Random, but why?

I am amazed at these comments. Are you really being serious Scaramanga? because to be honest it is quite offensive that your making out that someone who called their child tim is a religious fanatic. We called our son Tom, just because we liked the name, does that have a religious meaning?

I made a deal with myself when i came back from my last ban to comment mainly on the youth and stadium threads because i accepted that maybe some of the problem was with my posting style. But honestly unless I have completely lost my sense of humour with age and you are being serious then I really do not understand the forum rules and i have read them again today.

As far as I know the name Thomas doesn't have any reference to GHod in it at all.

I'll never like Timmeh - he spent far too long making a living out of publicly ****ing us off for that to change.
I don't think I rememeber this. When actually did it occur?

That's not all that important though. For me to respect him as a manager he either needs to have a history of success in football or he needs to explain in incredibly fine detail the kind of system he believes will turn a club like Spurs (6th richest in the league) into one that can eventually challenge for the title. He needs to stop evading what the old English type of manager might consider scary complicated tactical questions, and he needs to promise us that he will never, ever employ Jamie Redknapp.

It's impossible for the decision to employ him to be anything other than a bad one though. To employ an amateur when there are professionals around to do that job is a terrible decision no matter how it turns out.
So was it a terrible decision for Ajax to employ De Boer? What about Milan and Seedorf? How about Milan employing Capello? Or perhaps Gullit or then Vialli at Chelsea?

Also how can it be a terrible decision no matter how it turns out?... If it turns out that we qualify for the Champions league this season and then go from strength to strength then surely it would prove to be an absolutely brilliant decision? I'm not suggesting that this will happen, I am just questioning how you can say it is a terrible decision no matter how it turns out?

As for the name Timmeh, I just find it amusing to imagine Levy and Baldini sitting in an office after sacking AVB, clearly not having thought it through properly and not having an even half-decent replacement ready. Levy turns to Baldini and asks "Who the hell do we offer the job to? We've asked every professional on the planet other than Pulis and they've all turned us down." Then in the background, sitting behind them with his hand in the air shouts Sherwood - "Timmeh!"
Hasn't Sherwood proven he is at least half decent (at worst) via his results?

I'm actually starting to wonder whether Sherwood stole your wife off of you or something? Because your hatred of him does seem slightly irrational.

Is there any real difference between referring to Sherwood as Timmeh (the disabled kid in south park) than referring to Modric as rat face or rat boy.

I don't think I rememeber this. When actually did it occur?

He was rent a quote about us when we got rid of him, then he used every opportunity to do so again when being one of the least insightful pundits I've ever heard (and most of them are terrible).

So was it a terrible decision for Ajax to employ De Boer? What about Milan and Seedorf? How about Milan employing Capello? Or perhaps Gullit or then Vialli at Chelsea?

I don't know those situations as well as ours but if the circumstances are the same then yes.

Also how can it be a terrible decision no matter how it turns out?... If it turns out that we qualify for the Champions league this season and then go from strength to strength then surely it would prove to be an absolutely brilliant decision? I'm not suggesting that this will happen, I am just questioning how you can say it is a terrible decision no matter how it turns out?

Because the decision was made without the hindsight we have. The decision made with the available information at the time was wrong. If it flukes into a good result, that doesn't make the decision right.

Hasn't Sherwood proven he is at least half decent (at worst) via his results?

Not yet, no. In fact, the time it took him to fix what he'd got so obviously wrong is concerning. The fact that he did get it right eventually is promising though.

I'm actually starting to wonder whether Sherwood stole your wife off of you or something? Because your hatred of him does seem slightly irrational.

He spent quite some time ****ging off the club I love - that should be reason enough for anyone to hate him.

The poster named Rock Strongo may disagree.

No he's right, it's a **** name. I didn't choose it myself though, it was Matt Groening who through his cartoon character Homer Simpson, created Rock Strongo when Homer needed a cover name. Max Power was a contestant, but the internet gave me Rock S. Timothy is a great name though.

I've also had to reduce the amount of posts i make due to collecting 90 infractions points and the threat of a permanent ban.

I'm not sure anything I've posted or been banned for has been scandalous in comparison to what is posted on this site on a daily basis.

I find myself deleting a lot of post now that I would otherwise not have given a moments thoughts. I enjoy posting here and hope to be allowed to continue...

(Hope I don't get banned for this comment :~ )

Is there any real difference between referring to Sherwood as Timmeh (the disabled kid in south park) than referring to Modric as rat face or rat boy.

Not really but Modric is no longer one of ours so I doubt anyone on here cares what he's called. Sherwood is currently the manager of the club we all supposedly love and to this point he's doing a pretty fantastic job, so it's not so much of a surprise that people are tired of reading these petty insults.

Back