• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

For those who are less enamored with Tim Sherwood -the Timmeh phalanx - what would it take for Sherwood to turn you around? Or is the dislike irrational and just a personal thing?

The Timmeh term is a form of insult. Normally people give others a little more respect and a fair chance.

Winning the league I would say. Set the bar at an almost unreachable level that way he can't satisfy them.

i'm just glad he plugged that hole with capoue and even more courage to replace the people's favourite eriksen.

sure took him some time to remove those rose tinted glasses which was bentaleb who was really good for a young player , but not that good yet to excel in attack in defence.

keep making those logical choices, timmeh, and you will be alright.

It worked on Wednesday as we won 4-0, can't complain when the manager makes changes and we win that comfortably. But I hope this isn't a regular occurence re Eriksen, he's been mustard since Sherwood came in.

It worked on Wednesday as we won 4-0, can't complain when the manager makes changes and we win that comfortably. But I hope this isn't a regular occurence re Eriksen, he's been mustard since Sherwood came in.

He also goes missing a lot, especially in defence. Playing him makes the side unbalanced.

He also goes missing a lot, especially in defence. Playing him makes the side unbalanced.

I accept that but he's also a match winner, his set pieces are outstanding or have been since Sherwood took over. He can be a luxury player but he's started scoring more too, players like that might be frustrating when we lose but they're worth having in the side. One of our biggest mistakes in recent years was selling VDV.

Next you'll ask him to name them. Ok the term phalanx perhaps isn't too sensible to throw about, but he's right. Ok there are posters who are skeptical but are still respectful, but there's an element within this forum who are not. I would even go as far to say the term "Timmeh" is a bit of a WUM thing to say as it's bound to provoke a response. And he's also right about those same posters responses stems from a loyalty to AVB.

I myself am still skeptical about Sherwood, he's done a fine job so far it still COULD go wrong, but why not see what he does before deciding?

i just think it's a case mountain out of molehills and a bit of a witch hunt - as far as i can see Gutterboy and Scara are the only two posters that could really be described this way, maybe Grimbsy yid - but im not too familiar with his views so i may be wrong there - so when i see people using the term 'phalanx', or whatever, i think it's entirely misplaced as it conjours up an image of a big group of posters who don't have anything good to say about the manager OR want to see him fail (which i also think is probably harsh for two of the three posters i mention above) another problem being that you're kinda grouping together a whole bunch of people and using the most extreme views to tarnish them all - it's counter productive to good debate, IMHO, as we have seen in the past all too often. it's another way of building a straw man to argue against.

there's plenty of debate over what he is and what he isn't doing right - which of course there will always be regardless of who the manager is, but you have to keep in mind he has no prior managerial experience to this job so there is a lot more focus on what he does as it's all there is to get an idea of whether he is the man for the job long term. so getting heavily outplayed in the two games against top 4 opposition so far brings the question - can he deal with stronger opponents? Capoue coming out and saying what he did becomes - is he able to manage foreign players? and so on (these are just loose examples to highlight what i mean)

so yeah, basically i think there's plenty of good discussion about Sherwood (littered among the finger pointing and witch hunting) and not everyone is convinced - it's a big job and im not surprised that someone with no experience is getting scrutinized in the way he is.

For those who are less enamored with Tim Sherwood -the Timmeh phalanx - what would it take for Sherwood to turn you around? Or is the dislike irrational and just a personal thing?

The Timmeh term is a form of insult. Normally people give others a little more respect and a fair chance.

I'll never like Timmeh - he spent far too long making a living out of publicly ****ing us off for that to change.

That's not all that important though. For me to respect him as a manager he either needs to have a history of success in football or he needs to explain in incredibly fine detail the kind of system he believes will turn a club like Spurs (6th richest in the league) into one that can eventually challenge for the title. He needs to stop evading what the old English type of manager might consider scary complicated tactical questions, and he needs to promise us that he will never, ever employ Jamie Redknapp.

It's impossible for the decision to employ him to be anything other than a bad one though. To employ an amateur when there are professionals around to do that job is a terrible decision no matter how it turns out.

As for the name Timmeh, I just find it amusing to imagine Levy and Baldini sitting in an office after sacking AVB, clearly not having thought it through properly and not having an even half-decent replacement ready. Levy turns to Baldini and asks "Who the hell do we offer the job to? We've asked every professional on the planet other than Pulis and they've all turned us down." Then in the background, sitting behind them with his hand in the air shouts Sherwood - "Timmeh!"

i just think it's a case mountain out of molehills and a bit of a witch hunt - as far as i can see Gutterboy and Scara are the only two posters that could really be described this way, maybe Grimbsy yid - but im not too familiar with his views so i may be wrong there - so when i see people using the term 'phalanx', or whatever, i think it's entirely misplaced as it conjours up an image of a big group of posters who don't have anything good to say about the manager OR want to see him fail (which i also think is probably harsh for two of the three posters i mention above) another problem being that you're kinda grouping together a whole bunch of people and using the most extreme views to tarnish them all - it's counter productive to good debate, IMHO, as we have seen in the past all too often. it's another way of building a straw man to argue against.

there's plenty of debate over what he is and what he isn't doing right - which of course there will always be regardless of who the manager is, but you have to keep in mind he has no prior managerial experience to this job so there is a lot more focus on what he does as it's all there is to get an idea of whether he is the man for the job long term. so getting heavily outplayed in the two games against top 4 opposition so far brings the question - can he deal with stronger opponents? Capoue coming out and saying what he did becomes - is he able to manage foreign players? and so on (these are just loose examples to highlight what i mean)

so yeah, basically i think there's plenty of good discussion about Sherwood (littered among the finger pointing and witch hunting) and not everyone is convinced - it's a big job and im not surprised that someone with no experience is getting scrutinized in the way he is.

Re phalanx "i just think it's a case mountain out of molehill" A small group was the intended meaning.

Scrutiny, opposition and debate is what is interesting! If some did not have opposing views, we would not be motivated to pull apart and evidence things to the same degree. My point was simply: what would TS need to do or achieve to be welcomed by the more skeptical? Is there a rational argument or simply a personal dislike/ like of the previous/ current incumbent? Those who stand up and came up with the (initially) witty Timmeh term do more to make this place stimulating than anyone else, so there is no loss of respect, quite the opposite.

Of course its irrational. It is not like TS had any experience to judge him on - experience in the first team. All that was aimed at him was (and im paraphrasing here) he doesnt sound eloquent enough or other ****e. If it was rational then they would have given him a chance and time but they didnt and really havent.

I think it is a form of insult and from just now rereading the forum rules i understand insults are not allowed........

Re phalanx "i just think it's a case mountain out of molehill" A small group was the intended meaning.

Scrutiny, opposition and debate is what is interesting! If some did not have opposing views, we would not be motivated to pull apart and evidence things to the same degree. My point was simply: what would TS need to do or achieve to be welcomed by the more skeptical? Is there a rational argument or simply a personal dislike/ like of the previous/ current incumbent? Those who stand up and came up with the (initially) witty Timmeh term do more to make this place stimulating than anyone else, so there is no loss of respect, quite the opposite.

fair do's mate. i just think there's an uneven focus on the (very) few posters who you describe and am wary of everyone who is critical or not yet won over getting lumped in as a 'hater' or whatever.

anyway that's enough posts about posting style.

as you were :p

Of course its irrational. It is not like TS had any experience to judge him on - experience in the first team. All that was aimed at him was (and im paraphrasing here) he doesnt sound eloquent enough or other ****e. If it was rational then they would have given him a chance and time but they didnt and really havent.

Hey mate we have always got on and never had a falling out so can i ask you because im sometimes unsure on how to act in the modern world. Those showing prejudice to Sherwood because of the way he speaks is this acceptable i never know what your allowed to get away with these days.

If LVG comes in the summer and speaks in the normal Dutch accent and we do not win or play well in the first few games would I be allowed to suggest he has been smoking pot or is a dope head? I really am not sure what your allowed to **** people off for these days. Obviously I know you should not do for skin colour, religion or sexuality but the are other areas where there are not clear enough guide lines i feel.

From your ever faithful :barnet::barnet: buddy.

I've stated that I still have doubts re Sherwood. Capoue saying what he did doesn't bother me tbh, many players who aren't in a football side will complain in the press about lack of opportunities, it didn't come across to me as a personal dig at Sherwood. I welcome the debates otherwise I wouldn't be on this forum communicating with you now.

What do you personally think of people using the term "Timmeh"? Me personally, I don't think it does anyone any good, I realise we have the right to say what we want within reason, but all it does it elicit a negative response from the more sensible posters.

What do you personally think of people using the term "Timmeh"? Me personally, I don't think it does anyone any good, I realise we have the right to say what we want within reason, but all it does it elicit a negative response from the more sensible posters.

not really something im fussed about tbh - im not here to protect the honor of footballers or celebrities etc so if someone wants to call Sherwood names like Timmeh or refer to Levy as Baldy for example ( ;) ) then that's down to them (and up to others to judge them on) - that said obviously there are still rules with which the forum works to, but i think most people should know how to stay within them.

Tim seems great at motivation, tactics v the smaller teams work well. We can in front, and run over them. Or hold out the 1st half, and 2nd half take over.

Against the big boys ? He hasn't done it yet. I think AvB, like Ramos, know how to knock the big boys but not so much the smaller clubs.

Very happy where we are, attacking with verve, but bigger clubs know how to tie your attacking threats up and cause you problems in your own half and take chances. This I can't see Tim solving the puzzle yet.

Hmmm, AVB's record against the "big boys" - Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool, Everton:

P 18
W 4
D 6
L 8
GF 23
GA 41

Tim's record:

P 3
W 2
D 0
L 1
GF 4
GA 6

There's a very good reason for the name Timmeh (other than the fact I find it mildly amusing), I ****ing hate the name Tim/Timothy. I find it offensive.

Timothy > tim of Thee > timid of GHod. What a ****ing ridiculous name. I know most names can be traced to some kind of religious root, but that's just slapping you in the face with their pathetic deference.

There's a very good reason for the name Timmeh (other than the fact I find it mildly amusing), I ****ing hate the name Tim/Timothy. I find it offensive.

Timothy > tim of Thee > timid of GHod. What a ****ing ridiculous name. I know most names can be traced to some kind of religious root, but that's just slapping you in the face with their pathetic deference.

My late brother was named Timothy.

Funnily enough, he didn't choose it. I doubt Sherwood did either.

My late brother was named Timothy.

Funnily enough, he didn't choose it. I doubt Sherwood did either.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Glad someone here has some close experience with the name though. Do you know why your parents chose it? If not, could you find out? I'm quite intrigued as to why parents would want to label their child as timid. Bold, brave, even pensive I can understand, but timid? I just don't get it.

I've stated that I still have doubts re Sherwood. Capoue saying what he did doesn't bother me tbh, many players who aren't in a football side will complain in the press about lack of opportunities, it didn't come across to me as a personal dig at Sherwood. I welcome the debates otherwise I wouldn't be on this forum communicating with you now.

I don't like any of the ridiculous play on names things that people come out with.

Makes me disbelieve that these people are actually old enough to be allowed online, let alone that they might actually have the intellectual capacity to hold down a decent job.

Last edited:

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Glad someone here has some close experience with the name though. Do you know why your parents chose it? If not, could you find out? I'm quite intrigued as to why parents would want to label their child as timid. Bold, brave, even pensive I can understand, but timid? I just don't get it.

No worries!

Parents both deceased but Mother's father was named Tim also so that's probably why.

Back