• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Not really but Modric is no longer one of ours so I doubt anyone on here cares what he's called. Sherwood is currently the manager of the club we all supposedly love and to this point he's doing a pretty fantastic job, so it's not so much of a surprise that people are tired of reading these petty insults.

He was routinely called rat face on here during his last season at the club just like Sherwood is routinely called timmeh right now.

Tim is a really **** name tbf to Scara

Harry-Enfield-as-Tim-Nice-012.jpg

Had my name been Tim, I'd have considered changing it.

See my reply to Jurgen for how it was a bad decision regardless.

I'm sure that when Levy tried to stick his nose into team matters AVB was stubborn, even intransigent but that's how I'd expect any manager to react when a chairman oversteps his knowledge/place.

There is a difference between asking a question and sticking a nose into team affairs, just as there's a difference between standing your ground and refusing to allow boardroom interference versus handling the situation with an understanding of 'we' rather than 'me'…it's a difference I'd suggest that AVB was unable to make due to a variety of reasons, stemming from inexperience and 'silver spoon syndrome'…let's face it, life has not ever thrown him serious challenges from which he needed to work 'up' through? Please note, this is NOT a criticism, it is an observation. In fact, I often wonder how AVB was brought up? Was the word 'no' ever used? Was he spoilt relentlessly as a child? Was it always 'his' way? I sincerely hope he sorts it out, because I think he is a supremely intelligent man who can become a top top coach...

By the way, I think this name thing is absolute rubbish, and frankly, I hope it's a massive wind-up because otherwise it's pretty grim (and dim!) stuff...

Steff, what so many of AVB's admirers don't seem to realise is you can have all the intelligence in the world, but you still have to apply that intelligence practically, that goes for any profession by the way not just football managers. Intelligence alone doesn't make you a good manager. You also have to know how to manage people too. His stubbornness may be borne out of his inexperience, but he needs to be more flexible with regards to tactics, dealing with players and his bosses too.

By the way, I think this name thing is absolute rubbish, and frankly, I hope it's a massive wind-up because otherwise it's pretty grim (and dim!) stuff...

Come on, it's a terrible name and you know it!

Timmeh is much better.

Steff, what so many of AVB's admirers don't seem to realise is you can have all the intelligence in the world, but you still have to apply that intelligence practically, that goes for any profession by the way not just football managers. Intelligence alone doesn't make you a good manager. You also have to know how to manage people too. His stubbornness may be borne out of his inexperience, but he needs to be more flexible with regards to tactics, dealing with players and his bosses too.

Agreed. I am, as you know, a fan of AVB's but sadly, he absolutely contributed to his own demise. I personally don't trust Sherwood as far as I could kick him, I said early doors that he was a power-broker at the club and I knew he was hungry, but with regards to the current season, I think it's impossible to judge him completely after so few games, and I further think it's impossible not to say he's doing a very good job right now. There is so much 'history' on these boards over our last few managers that I fear it's all being played out time and time again. Such a shame. I've been there, I certainly defended my opinions before that's for sure, but I just feel this current back and forth is bordering on madness!

Come on, it's a terrible name and you know it!

Timmeh is much better.

There are worse young man…I happen to find names such as 'Jose' and 'Arsene' repugnant!!!!!!!! ;)

EDIT: You could even argue that 'Andre' is a ponce name which also sadly leads to thinking of that plonker Peter Andre!!!!!

There is a difference between asking a question and sticking a nose into team affairs, just as there's a difference between standing your ground and refusing to allow boardroom interference versus handling the situation with an understanding of 'we' rather than 'me'…it's a difference I'd suggest that AVB was unable to make due to a variety of reasons, stemming from inexperience and 'silver spoon syndrome'…let's face it, life has not ever thrown him serious challenges from which he needed to work 'up' through? Please note, this is NOT a criticism, it is an observation. In fact, I often wonder how AVB was brought up? Was the word 'no' ever used? Was he spoilt relentlessly as a child? Was it always 'his' way? I sincerely hope he sorts it out, because I think he is a supremely intelligent man who can become a top top coach...

Steff that post starts off interesting at then.......WTF????

Unless you have some COLD HARD ITK about what ACTUALLY happened re AVB's sacking I'd suggest that what you wrote in bold there is as bad as the "I hate Timmeh because he's a Chav" that some on here have been rightly lambasted for.

Unless you can back up such stuff Steff then that is just poor imo

You mean after he tried to force though a move to Chelsea and only Chelsea?

Just because a player doesn't care as much for you club as you do doesn't mean its okay to shout childish insults at them while they are performing for your club.
Modric was no different than any other player we had. They'd all be off we someone big enough came in for them. The difference is he's good enough to be poached.

Anyway back to Sherwood whats funny is those who feel Sherwood isn't intellectual enough and comes across as thick have resorted to name calling.
The cavemen posters that had issues with AVB's abilities never had the smarts to do that.

Steff that post starts off interesting at then.......WTF????

Unless you have some COLD HARD ITK about what ACTUALLY happened re AVB's sacking I'd suggest that what you wrote in bold there is as bad as the "I hate Timmeh because he's a Chav" that some on here have been rightly lambasted for.

Unless you can back up such stuff Steff then that is just poor imo

Fair enough. I accept that criticism. I have no hard evidence, thus my taking a stance of asking rather than stating. But I won't argue, it is certainly a potentially inflammatory angle. I can safely say that I have always admired AVB's tremendous work ethic (as evidenced when I repeatedly stated that if he did fail it would not be for lack of effort)…but he is very inflexible. I suppose it'd be best if I just came clean with what little I have heard, which is his behaviour under pressure was considered 'idiosyncratic' to be polite…

But again, I won't argue that this is potentially a conclusion I've jumped to, partially because mate, I still cannot wrap my head around how such an obviously smart man cannot have learnt from previous ways and developed a greater dimension to his intra-personal skills when under pressure. It beggars belief. I seriously don't understand. But I will say that the stories I heard line up with a man who is so utterly resolute in his opinion being the only one that unless he learns the art of flexibility or (more importantly) placation to achieve a long-term goal, he will NEVER fulfil his managerial potential. And I would have to wonder why...

Fair enough. I accept that criticism. I have no hard evidence, thus my taking a stance of asking rather than stating. But I won't argue, it is certainly a potentially inflammatory angle. I can safely say that I have always admired AVB's tremendous work ethic (as evidenced when I repeatedly stated that if he did fail it would not be for lack of effort)…but he is very inflexible. I suppose it'd be best if I just came clean with what little I have heard, which is his behaviour under pressure was considered 'idiosyncratic' to be polite…

But again, I won't argue that this is potentially a conclusion I've jumped to, partially because mate, I still cannot wrap my head around how such an obviously smart man cannot have learnt from previous ways and developed a greater dimension to his intra-personal skills when under pressure. It beggars belief. I seriously don't understand. But I will say that the stories I heard line up with a man who is so utterly resolute in his opinion being the only one that unless he learns the art of flexibility or (more importantly) placation to achieve a long-term goal, he will NEVER fulfil his managerial potential. And I would have to wonder why...

AVB is an ideologue. He believes in doing it his way or its nothing worth doing.
If he gets the right club and setup to suit his style it will work.

Just because a player doesn't care as much for you club as you do doesn't mean its okay to shout childish insults at them while they are performing for your club.
Modric was no different than any other player we had. They'd all be off we someone big enough came in for them. The difference is he's good enough to be poached.

Anyway back to Sherwood whats funny is those who feel Sherwood isn't intellectual enough and comes across as thick have resorted to name calling.
The cavemen posters that had issues with AVB's abilities never had the smarts to do that.

What about calling people who questioned AVB's tactics cavemen is that allowed?

I had issues with his tactics and i have never been in a cave in my life not even Cheddar Gorge when we visited because i do not like confined spaces. I thought AVB was probably a decent coach but he proved towards the end he was not suited to the English game, his shackles on the players and how they were scared to go into the final third in case they lost possession were his undoing. Does not make someone a caveman for thinking so.

I had issues with his tactics and i have never been in a cave in my life not even Cheddar Gorge when we visited because i do not like confined spaces. I thought AVB was probably a decent coach but he proved towards the end he was not suited to the English game, his shackles on the players and how they were scared to go into the final third in case they lost possession were his undoing. Does not make someone a caveman for thinking so.

It was allowed at the time. That's how we were labelled. Anyone that hadn't read the mythical AVB book was labelled as not understanding football.

An outdoor man?

Back