• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Ade, - well is AVB the first manager to have an issue? No
Thudd - what issue was there, apart from lack of playing time? In fact didn't Thudd play a lot in the last 10 games or so last season? When he did play was he not often off the pace in key games??
Lloris - he was/is clearly our no1 keeper; what issue was there??
Dembele/Verts - what issue was there??
BAE - What issue was there? It's not as if he was injured most of last season or anything...
Lamela - well if AVB had an 'issue' then TS has one too...

If you want go be a pedant, can somebody then say of Redknapp: - Piennar, Bentley, Pav, Bent, Krancjar, Corluka, VDV, Defoe??

As i said before unless you give CLEAR EXAMPLES and ones that other managers wouldn't have (i.e. balancing and rotating a large-ish squad) then you are just clutching straws and creating issue in your own head

Off the top of my head:

Ade - we all know about

Lloris let it be known through his agent that he was unhappy with his early treatment by AVB

Dembele Apparently told AVB that he played for the best team in the world (Belgium) and didn't need to be told by AVB how to play in midfield. I have good inside info on this.

Verts made it known he didn't want to play left back and was so annoyed with AVB for playing him there against his wishes he put in a transfer request.

Lamela played well in Europe then cast into oblivion under AVB. He has always been injured under TS as far as I am aware.

Thudd complained about a lack of communication and opportunity.

BAE was loaned out leaving us recklessly exposed without a left back cover.

How much more "proof" do you need?

Off the top of my head:

Ade - we all know about

Lloris let it be known through his agent that he was unhappy with his early treatment by AVB

Dembele Apparently told AVB that he played for the best team in the world (Belgium) and didn't need to be told by AVB how to play in midfield. I have good inside info on this.

Verts made it known he didn't want to play left back and was so annoyed with AVB for playing him there against his wishes he put in a transfer request.

Lamela played well in Europe then cast into oblivion under AVB. He has always been injured under TS as far as I am aware.

Ok then...

Pienaar - was he treated well by Redknapp?
Bentley - abandoned
Pav - hardly had a look in
Bent - 'my wife' etc etc
Krancjar - hardly had a look in
Corluka - hardly had a look in before he had to get a loan to get games
VDV - tantrum central
Defoe - again hardly had a look in
Gomes - left on the scrap heap
Many of these guys mentioned 'lack of communication' issue as well...
Redknapp not using these players left us recklessly exposed in the latter stages if 2011/12

See I've got "proof" Redknapp had so many issues with players. GHod he was as crap at man-management as AVB; perhaps worse eh

:rolleyes:

Ok then...

Bentley - abandoned
Bent - 'my wife' etc etc
VDV - tantrum central
Redknapp not using these players left us recklessly exposed in the latter stages if 2011/12

See I've got "proof" Redknapp had so many issues with players. GHod he was as crap at man-management as AVB; perhaps worse eh

I'm pretty sure that once Timmeh's worked as a manager for a while there'll be a similar list for him too.

Ok then...

Bentley - abandoned
Bent - 'my wife' etc etc
VDV - tantrum central

It is only you that brings Redknapp into the equation. What relevance is that ](*,)](*,)

See the answer above.

No, you still haven't answered the question "For that matter, why would players respect a manager with zero experience more than one who's actually managed before and won stuff?"

You've just listed a number of players you've claimed had 'issues' with AVB. Well I listed a number that I can say the same of Redknapp...maybe all managers could give reasons for players not to respect them...

It is only you that brings Redknapp into the equation. What relevance is that ](*,)](*,)

I'm showing you how easy it is to throw the same ridiculous "this manager has issues with loads of players" jibe at virtually any manager of a big club, especially one that has a relatively big squad (in league terms) and so all players cannot play all the time.

And Redknapp is not one that many regard as 'having issues with loads of players' by most (though I think he had his fair share like most managers..)

I'm pretty sure that once Timmeh's worked as a manager for a while there'll be a similar list for him too.

Maybe. But only time will tell. You seem to be fixated on AVB as a and have already rushed to judgement on TS.

Why do you persist in rushing to critisise TS with no "proof" as to his management abilities?

Do you agree or disagree that it is too early to judge him?

No, you still haven't answered the question "For that matter, why would players respect a manager with zero experience more than one who's actually managed before and won stuff?"

You've just listed a number of players you've claimed had 'issues' with AVB. Well I listed a number that I can say the same of Redknapp...maybe all managers could give reasons for players not to respect them...

Err ....Sherwood has actually won the PL. He captained a side to victory and led by example. He has also been around Spurs for 4/5 years and had demonstrated success with the youth teams. That gives him quite a lot of track record to be judged on. The players certainly seem to have responded positively to his appointment, unlike you, Scarra and GB. And that is the important thing.

Off the top of my head:

Ade - we all know about

In fact I think these issues need to be discussed a bit more from a different angle...

Who the hell are these players to get uppity??
Lloris - him and his agent should have stfu quite frankly; it was obvious he was going to claim the jersey. I think his introduction was perhaps with Gomes' crash course in mind. it's the manager's choice who he plays. Take it and stfu.
Dembele - who the f is he to say that??? He often flatters to deceive and might not get in the Belgium first team sometime. Best team in the world? Please!! STFU!
Verts - annoying as it is to play out of position, surely you try and take one for the team. It wasn't AVB's fault Coentrao didn't come, Rose got injured and then Naughton was often crap. FFS, primadonnna or what? If he DID say that we might just be better off selling anyway..
Lamela - not playing vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine was harsh, but maybe he would have if he didn't have to make that sub for Chriches
Thudd - when given the chace he was good with his touch and passing but how many games passed him by? He HAD opportunities going back a long way. Overrated and he's been upgraded on imo
BAE - See my points re Verts... and it wasn't like he was the most focused professional anyway..

A lot of the points above make our players look like a bunch of cnuts tbh, especially the Belgians...

Maybe. But only time will tell. You seem to be fixated on AVB as a and have already rushed to judgement on TS.

Why do you persist in rushing to critisise TS with no "proof" as to his management abilities?

Do you agree or disagree that it is too early to judge him?

I'll judge him on the best information available - what he's said. There's also the fact that he's good friends with Jamie Redknapp.

Now I defy you to tell me with a straight face that anyone with a fully functioning brain could stand being in the company of Jamie Redknapp for more than a few seconds.

It is impossible to be a manager and not upset players. Players want to play football and ones not getting games will always be disgruntled.

I think that all you can expect from a manager is that they are open and fair with the players. That the players they want to keep get some games and that ones that don't feature in a managers plans or are unhappy with how much they will feature are moved on before they create a problem.

Err ....Sherwood has actually won the PL. He captained a side to victory and led by example. He has also been around Spurs for 4/5 years and had demonstrated success with the youth teams. That gives him quite a lot of track record to be judged on. The players certainly seem to have responded positively to his appointment, unlike you, Scarra and GB. And that is the important thing.

Hoddle had great playing experience but that didn't count for anything, so it could be argued that Sherwood captaining mighty Blackburn might not as well.
Success with youth teams does not equal success with first team. Not saying it cannot, but it cannot be assume it automatically translates.
What is this 'demonstrated success' that you speak of anyway? Is it as demonstrable as winning trophies with a first team? If AVB lost respect (according to you) despite having this on his record, who is to say that TS will lose respect more quickly with even less on his CV?

I'm happy the team is getting good results; jury is still out for TS for me; meanwhile you simultaneously throw all types of mud on AVB whilst saying TS is possibly 'the new Clough'
Well he might be; or he might be the new 'Ricky Sbragia'

Speaking of AVB having 'issues with players', what about TS and his 'issues with managers/directors/Spurs hierarchy (before Redknapp hired him)?

If people are going to continue to throw mud at AVB on his 'man-management', then others will put their own spotlights on TS and his perceived 'issues' as well...only fair isn't it

Off the top of my head:

Ade - we all know about

I don't remember Verts handing in a transfer request. Do you have a link to this being reported?

Was the Dembele one ever reported or is it just information that was passed onto you?

I don't remember Verts handing in a transfer request. Do you have a link to this being reported?

Was the Dembele one ever reported or is it just information that was passed onto you?

I think he mentioned it on here and claimed he had a 'good source' back in November.
Either that, or he read it here.
Doubt you'll get a link

Hoddle had great playing experience but that didn't count for anything, so it could be argued that Sherwood captaining mighty Blackburn might not as well.
Success with youth teams does not equal success with first team. Not saying it cannot, but it cannot be assume it automatically translates.
What is this 'demonstrated success' that you speak of anyway? Is it as demonstrable as winning trophies with a first team? If AVB lost respect (according to you) despite having this on his record, who is to say that TS will lose respect more quickly with even less on his CV?

I'm happy the team is getting good results; jury is still out for TS for me; meanwhile you simultaneously throw all types of mud on AVB whilst saying TS is possibly 'the new Clough'
Well he might be; or he might be the new 'Ricky Sbragia'

As I said, the players have responded positively to TS. That is more important than what you or Scara or GB actually think.

To judge someone by who he is friendly with is a nonsense. I have diametrically opposed views about life, politics, economics with one of my best mates. Doesn't stop us being friends or both supporting Spurs for that matter.

For the record, I am not a TS fanboy as you once accused me of. I just think it is only fair to give him time before judging him. On AVB, I had lost patience with him and will only accept that he is a great coach if he proves it by being at a club for more than one season and demonstrating success there. To say that he would have achieved that here is just wild speculation IMO.

Both the Dembele and Verts info was given to me in confidence by a good source at the club. Cannot independently verify, but doesn't sound way off the mark.

As I said, the players have responded positively to TS. That is more important than what you or Scara or GB actually think.

To judge someone by who he is friendly with is a nonsense. I have diametrically opposed views about life, politics, economics with one of my best mates. Doesn't stop us being friends or both supporting Spurs for that matter.

For the record, I am not a TS fanboy as you once accused me of. I just think it is only fair to give him time before judging him. On AVB, I had lost patience with him and will only accept that he is a great coach if he proves it by being at a club for more than one season and demonstrating success there. To say that he would have achieved that here is just wild speculation IMO.

Your as much a fanboy of TS as I'm anti-TS. I'm just not blowing smoke up his butt yet. I'm giving him that time as well (though not claimimg he could be our very own cloughie as you did after 3 games....)

It's as much speculation to say AVB would have achieved success here as saying TS will.
In fact, it is also wild speculation by you to say AVB constantly had 'man-management' issues - not unless you're going to say that Redknapp, Jol, Ramos etc also had them as well

Both the Dembele and Verts info was given to me in confidence by a good source at the club. Cannot independently verify, but doesn't sound way off the mark.

Don't you agree that IF both those stories are true they show those players in a poor light, as apposed to AVB?
Who the hell is Dembele all of a sudden to get so uppity? He's not Messi ffs.

And if Verts handed a transfer request for being told by the manager to do as asked then he may as well not aim to play at high levels.
Primadonnas

Back