• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have alluded to, Poch doesn't seem to favour the loan system. We only have 5 players out now (Oduwa, Ward, Ball, Ogilvie and Yedlin), compared to 15-20 under Redknapp and AVB.

Based on last summer, he seems to want to decide when they get to about 20 whether to promote them to the first team squad (Onomah, Winks and McGee this season) or get rid of them (Grant Hall and Ryan Fredericks)

It's clear that those loan players are on the fringe re; could make it/shop window
So the loan almost becomes a shop window for us too
I suspect some like onomah & winks will be given a taste and then if not quite ready will go on loan to find tune what we started

It's clear that those loan players are on the fringe re; could make it/shop window
So the loan almost becomes a shop window for us too
I suspect some like onomah & winks will be given a taste and then if not quite ready will go on loan to find tune what we started

I agree - I think all of them are in the shop window (like we just saw with McEvoy).

I think the exception is Oduwa. He's a fantastic talent but does need the edges knocking off him re his showboating.

As others have alluded to, Poch doesn't seem to favour the loan system. We only have 5 players out now (Oduwa, Ward, Ball, Ogilvie and Yedlin), compared to 15-20 under Redknapp and AVB.

Based on last summer, he seems to want to decide when they get to about 20 whether to promote them to the first team squad (Onomah, Winks and McGee this season) or get rid of them (Grant Hall and Ryan Fredericks)

If we had more players in that age group we'd probably have more out on loan. We just have to wait a year or two for the next batch to get ready.

U18s drew 1-1 against Atlas in the Copa Chivas, Edwards got our goal, Tracey played centre mid. We play Pachuca tomorrow and then River Plate on Sunday.

Major changes to Manchester United's academy are expected over the coming months, with their head of youth player recruitment primed to leave offering the first indication of a recasting.

Derek Langley, instrumental in bringing through Danny Welbeck, Adnan Januzaj and Tom Cleverley, is ready to depart at the end of the season.

He is understood to be unsettled by the extensive adjustments at youth levels and disillusioned at a lack of communication coursing through Carrington.

United's root-and-branch review means every senior position underneath head of academy Nicky Butt is up for grabs in the coming months, with prospective new employees already being interviewed.

Sportsmail understands Tottenham's head of coaching and player development, John McDermott, is someone under consideration for Langley's role but is not thought to be interested.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...er-recruitment-Derek-Langley-ready-leave.html

Disappointed if true. I really liked the look of him when he played for Serbia in the youth cups.

I think he'd be silly to leave if the club's willing to keep him. Our youth set-up, training facilities and managerial philosophy all seems tailor-made for a young player to reach his potential. If he's capable of playing at the very top level, then he's more likely to achieve it at Spurs than Sporting Gijon (IMO). A loan to a relegation battler in Spain or Italy might make sense, but a permanent move there seems like the route a journeyman defender would take. I felt he had the potential to be better than that.

Disappointed if true. I really liked the look of him when he played for Serbia in the youth cups.

I think he'd be silly to leave if the club's willing to keep him. Our youth set-up, training facilities and managerial philosophy all seems tailor-made for a young player to reach his potential. If he's capable of playing at the very top level, then he's more likely to achieve it at Spurs than Sporting Gijon (IMO). A loan to a relegation battler in Spain or Italy might make sense, but a permanent move there seems like the route a journeyman defender would take. I felt he had the potential to be better than that.

I can only guess that he thinks that he ought to be getting first team football somewhere

The original article that this is based on finishes with the line

'But McDermott is not thought to be interested in the move'

How are Oduwa and Ball getting on up a Rangers?

I read something a couple weeks ago about Oduwa's form dipping so he's been in and out of the team. Think we should leave him there for the year given Warburton is the manager

KWP has also turned down a loan move to Roda citing that they're too "long ball", I'm sure that decision will divide fans but if he feels it's not the right move for him then we should respect that. It was his idea to go there in the first place so full credit to him, Winks wanted to as well but presumably Poch blocked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back