• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news on him signing a new contract. A bit surprised he hasn't had a loan somewhere yet. At 16/17 Caulker spent a whole season at Yeovil didn't he?
Just surprised he hasn't gone somewhere for a month or so to expose him to first team action.

Walkes has played almost everywhere, LB, RB, DM, AM, probably out wide on occasion, he's basically been used as a utility player. I think there are better players in the squad but he does have a knack of getting goals wherever he plays, he might even be our top scorer this season actually.

I agree with you that there are better players than him in the developments teams, but he has a great attitude and I could easily see him being a hard working midfielder in Premiership if he continues to improve.

U21s beat Chelsea 3-1, two nice finishes from Harrison and a tap in for Veljkovic from a corner. Chelsea got a late consolation goal but it was a surprisingly comfortable win.

Chelsea U21s: Beeney, Aina, Tomori, Clarke-Salter, Dabo, Colkett (c), Musonda, Sammut, Abraham, Mitchell, J Dasilva

Spurs U21s: Glover, Walker-Peters, Amos, Lesniak, Carter-Vickers, Veljkovic (c), McEvoy, Stylianides, Harrison, Walkes, Georgiou

GOAL! Stylianides sends Lesniak through, he unselfishly squares for Harrison who sweeps low beyond Beeney. 1-0, 28mins

GOAL! Walkes' corner comes off a @ChelseaFC head and falls nicely for Veljkovic to tap home at the back post. 2-0, 52mins

GOAL! Georgiou crosses from the left and @ShayonHarrison doubles his tally with a neat left-footed first-time finish. 3-0, 59mins

Goal to @ChelseaFC. Aina cross from the right is powerfully headed past @tglover93 by Abraham. 3-1, 87mins

Those Chelsea boys likely to never go beyond the U21s (yep, the Chelsea way). Excellent victory for Ugo's boys.

Jesus, thoughts with him. I have had people close to me die and I was in no fit state. Credit to the lad, but also he should take some time away because at the end of the day it is just kicking a football around a pitch and not as important as your family. Hope the club give him some time off to be with his mum and dad.

None yet. I expect him to go though, whether that's in January or when his deal runs out next summer.

Just your impression of what's going on? Or you have contacts that are saying that he's on his way out?

Good news on him signing a new contract. A bit surprised he hasn't had a loan somewhere yet. At 16/17 Caulker spent a whole season at Yeovil didn't he?
Just surprised he hasn't gone somewhere for a month or so to expose him to first team action.

Excellent news for sure...

I think young players need different things. 2CV is getting a taste of competitive football with the US national youth sides and the reserve league is supposedly more competitive now than before. He looks very strong physically, but perhaps not the tallest (?) so a loan to a lower league might just not be right for him now...

Bentaleb broke through without a single loan whereas Kane and Townsend had about a millioan loan deals between them. I don't think a loan deal is a must for a young player. Should be plenty to learn day in day out at the Spurs Lodge without a loan deal.

Bentaleb broke through without a single loan whereas Kane and Townsend had about a millioan loan deals between them. I don't think a loan deal is a must for a young player. Should be plenty to learn day in day out at the Spurs Lodge without a loan deal.

Interesting approach. That will really help them mature as individuals. Sending them to work in a state of the art autism school

We have another Spurs TV first coming soon – live coverage of our Barclays Under-21 Premier League clash with Southampton at Stevenage on Monday, December 7. Look out for further details on this event soon.

Tottenham Hotspur remain interested in Ebbsfleet United youngster Shilow Tracey after the player underwent a trial with the Premier League side, according to his current manager, Daryl McMahon.

Tracey, 17, has already spent a week with the north London side and has done enough to earn himself another invite, according to local newspaper the News Shopper. Tottenham scouts are also being deployed to watch him play in an upcoming FA Youth Cup match.

Ebbsfleet manager McMahon told the same publication: "It went OK for him, he is probably going to go back for another trial. They are going to watch him on Tuesday night in the FA Youth Cup, and that is all we know really."

But McMahon did indicate that he believes the Premier League side were impressed with the teenage midfielder. He said: "I think so. We will have to wait and see, they are not going to dive in straight away. He was there for three days, three training sessions – he is now back playing with us now. We will see how it goes and there is no pressure on Shilow, we are happy with him at Ebbsfleet."

Tottenham are not the only club to have approached Tracey and Ebbsfleet. McMahon told theclub's official website in October: "Shilow has made a very impressive start to the season, as have a number of our other young contracted players. A number of clubs have spoken to us about him in recent days and we have given permission for him to trial with Spurs.

"The fact that a Premier League club is interested in one of our players says a lot about the quality of the coaching and management the boys are receiving and it reflects well on our academy set-up. Clearly we want Ebbsfleet United to benefit from the development of young players but this is a great opportunity for the player and I am confident Shilow will acquit himself well."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tottenham-...-shilow-tracey-after-successful-trial-1527575

LOAN striker Shaq Coulthirst has left Wigan Athletic and returned to parent club Tottenham.

The 21-year-old had a frustrating couple of months with Latics with injuries preventing him showing his best form.

After a couple of late cameos off the bench in August against Doncaster and Sclamhorpe, Coulthirst was struck down by an ankle injury.

He returned to Tottenham for treatment, before moving back up north to continue his loan spell and finish his rehabilitation.

However, without getting back on the field for Latics, Coulthirst has returned to the White Hart Lane outfit.

“Shaq has gone back to Spurs,” confirmed boss Gary Caldwell.

“We had conversations with him and with Tottenham, and they decided they wanted to take him back.

“It’s something we’re going to look at again, because we still believe he’s a player with a big future.

“But at this moment in time it wasn’t a pressing issue.”

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-athletic/latics-news/loan-striker-leaves-latics-1-7557542

Good post and you obviously have seen a bit of these chaps. Velkjovic isn't mentioned though - any reason? Also someone who I have literally never seen play but gets reasonable attention is Keenan(?) Bennet....any view on him? The CM, Luke Amos, has always been handy on the 2 or 3 times I've seen him

Ugo Ehiogu rates Miloš Veljković highly and has actually said he is too good for the under 21 team and needs to be tested at a higher level. The problem is I believe his contract expires next June and he does not want to sign a new one because he does not see a way into the first team squad at the moment. I fear we may loose a young player with a lot of potential.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/11/0...oungster-too-good-for-under-21-football-says/

Ugo Ehiogu rates Miloš Veljković highly and has actually said he is too good for the under 21 team and needs to be tested at a higher level. The problem is I believe his contract expires next June and he does not want to sign a new one because he does not see a way into the first team squad at the moment. I fear we may loose a young player with a lot of potential.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/11/0...oungster-too-good-for-under-21-football-says/

I am going to trust our managerial team with this one.

U18 2-1 up against West Ham with a few minutes left on the clock. Dinzeyi and Brown goalscorers, we were 0-1 down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back