• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
What division is Ebbsfleet in? I may be being abit naive but if he is good enough for us to be looking at him, how is he not in their under 21's and pushing for a first team place???

What division is Ebbsfleet in? I may be being abit naive but if he is good enough for us to be looking at him, how is he not in their under 21's and pushing for a first team place???

National League South - sixth tier, apparently

I may be wrong, but teams that far down the pyramid don't tend to have U21 teams. They have U17/18 (Sundays) and then firsts, seconds and maybe thirds (Saturdays). The 16 and 17 year olds tend to get introduced into the 3rds and 2nds (as well as still playing with the U18s) when they look big enough.

Football at that level tends to be pretty full on in terms of physicality. It would be very tough for a 17 year old player to be able to hold his own. As GB says teams at that level don't have under 21 teams, just academies and then the seniors.

Just watched the highlights from the U21 game vs Liverpool. Walkes was a LB last time I saw him play but now is in central midfield. Is this just part of his development or have the coaches seen something there and are looking to develop him for the midfield?

Just watched the highlights from the U21 game vs Liverpool. Walkes was a LB last time I saw him play but now is in central midfield. Is this just part of his development or have the coaches seen something there and are looking to develop him for the midfield?

Walkes has played almost everywhere, LB, RB, DM, AM, probably out wide on occasion, he's basically been used as a utility player. I think there are better players in the squad but he does have a knack of getting goals wherever he plays, he might even be our top scorer this season actually.

Walkes has played almost everywhere, LB, RB, DM, AM, probably out wide on occasion, he's basically been used as a utility player. I think there are better players in the squad but he does have a knack of getting goals wherever he plays, he might even be our top scorer this season actually.

@Yoof - Can I just say a big thank you from me for bringing your knowledge of the youth team to us. It really is appreciated massively.

With regards youth football I know a few guys at Worthing and the young players there all play for under 15 or 16 sides but when they get older then that as Worthing does not have an academy they play local county football for even smaller clubs for a year or so and then go into worthings first team if they are good enough.

Also know through the building industry (he does renovations like a lot of ex pros) Darren Freeman who used to play for Brighton, was Whitehawk manager then went to Peacehaven(you would really need to know sussex to know where that is) and has just got the job as Lewes manager.

On youth players I have been told about one or two that will make it to league football "without a doubt" apparently. One is an English boy from a greek/Cypriot background who is a left winger for Leatherhead and also a young black goalkeeper for Peacehaven who was in there first team in the county league at just 16 and who apparently Fulham have asked for a trial but his parents do not want to uproot him in G.C.S.E. year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back