• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
any info on the lad Ryan Loft? The next Harry?

He's some way off that at the moment but you never know. Of all the strikers we have at the club(senior and youth), Loft is the most suited to playing that targetman lone role that Kane does for us. He's a big guy and holds the ball up well, strong in the air and a decent finisher(still needs to improve a lot in that area though). He doesn't have Kane's all-round game but he can play a bit, he's not particularly quick in terms of acceleration but decent once he gets going, if you want someone up there who'll act as a focal point and help bring others into play then he'll do that.

He's some way off that at the moment but you never know. Of all the strikers we have at the club(senior and youth), Loft is the most suited to playing that targetman lone role that Kane does for us. He's a big guy and holds the ball up well, strong in the air and a decent finisher(still needs to improve a lot in that area though). He doesn't have Kane's all-round game but he can play a bit, he's not particularly quick in terms of acceleration but decent once he gets going, if you want someone up there who'll act as a focal point and help bring others into play then he'll do that.

one to keep an eye on then. Thanks

I think that @Yoof mentioned it a page or two back but the U21s are on BT Sport on Thursday night

Yep, Loft will play I suspect. Getting the excuses in early here but it'll probably be a very weakened team as we have a lot of players only just coming back from international duty. CCV's in the US and has a game on Tuesday. KWP, Onomah and Winks all play Tuesday for England in Macedonia and Germany respectively, Glover I think is with Australia's u19s somewhere, Veljkovic is with Serbia and Sterling's with England for the u17 World Cup in Chile. McEvoy's just gone on loan to Stevenage too.

U18s won 3-1 against Swansea yesterday.

Whiteman and Edwards both started England's opening WC game against Guinea and I don't think I'm being biased when I say they were England's two best players. Whiteman made three superb saves to keep England in it, including a one-on-one and whilst Edwards didn't have his greatest game he was still a cut above the rest(commentator's words). He did miss a pen though(which he won himself) and he should've won another late on but the ref botled it, Sterling came on for about 10 mins but England were hanging on by that point so he was barely involved.

England played again tonight, undeservedly losing 1-0 to Brazil. Anything less than a win vs South Korea will most likely see them exit the group stage. Edwards played but never really got into the game, Brazil marked him tightly and he struggled to find any space or time on the ball. Sterling was a bit more lively though had to make do with playing out of position, he had one half-chance and one decent chance that he should've done better with but both fell to him on his weaker left foot. Whiteman again played in goal, had little to do this time but he did make a hash of a couple of clearances.

WTF is wrong with that ref, he's looking right at it too. Makes me almost feel glad for the officiating we have here.

It's terrible that he's not getting protection from the ref, but I was concerned when he tried his tricks in his first game. People do not like have the p*** taken out of them. I know I'm a dinosaur but I would have "done" anyone who did it to me and I'm sure Mackay, England, Knowles & Roberts would have.

It's terrible that he's not getting protection from the ref, but I was concerned when he tried his tricks in his first game. People do not like have the p*** taken out of them. I know I'm a dinosaur but I would have "done" anyone who did it to me and I'm sure Mackay, England, Knowles & Roberts would have.

This is precisely it, its an old school quintessential "British" thing that skill is frowned upon and considered as "taking the tinkle". It is the very reason why talent is stifled and why our national team is lagging in terms of ability on a global level. We have amazing athletes but flair is frowned upon. It needs to change in my opinion and soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back