• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

The Moutinho bid seemed to be more about assurances made to AVB that we'd try to get his player, rather than Levy having a spare £22m lying around. To say that's £22m we've still got to spend is probably the wrong way to look at it.

If previous windows tell us anything about Levy it's that he's not afraid to pull out of deals if he's not happy. He'd rather we were short in some areas rather than overpay through desperation. That's my take on it anyway.

I see. Well I'm sure with interest from Spurs offering less wages would have seen him be at Tottenham and not qpr. Saudi Sportswashing Machine is different as they are nearly equally as bad. So don't think it was wage

I don't think you quite understand the motivation of the modern footballer.

Because we don't have £22m and never did have.
Some teams like all the wedge up front but I would say the majority of deals are done as stage payments over time. It's only when the selling club is financially fudged that they demand everything up front and this often leads to a reduction in the transfer fee. We probably just need X mil up front, Y mil next year, etc. and as long as Levy can see where the money is coming from and the resale value looks good the he may well pull the trigger on transfers of this magnitude.

Having 22mil cash sitting in the bank is a bit of a waste when that money could be invested in the club itself or somewhere else. Gambling on CL qualification is just that, a bit of a gamble, but the increase in TV money is not.

I've seen a few projections on the new TV money and if say Spurs finished 4th we are looking at a windfall of 84-108mil depending on overseas TV money increases. That is up from 57mil when we finished 4th last year. So we could be talking almost double our revenue from this source. Add to that the potential CL money then you can see the stakes we are playing for.

Who: GhostofArmo
When: 29/01/13
Where: FTL

that we're in for some of the top strikers available..
but if levy plays hard ball it prob wont happen.

fcuk it..
leandro.

fcuk it..
leandro.

A new one on me. Anyone heard of him before? (The ITK, not Leandro, of course)

fcuk it..
leandro.

Huh... did he start by being vague about the player then just decided to name them?

It's Owen - smokescreen this is

tumblr_mao1s67X6T1r9il17o1_500.gif

Adam Suter @Adam79Suter

Negredo is down to price - talks continue Hooper is an option plus 3 others as things stand. A lot of players are being offered by agents!

Adam Suter @Adam79Suter

Negredo is down to price - talks continue Hooper is an option plus 3 others as things stand. A lot of players are being offered by agents!

Amazing that you hear Harry saying it, the day after an 'ITK' just blatantly repeats it thinking he knows. Baffling.

Back