• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

That's a good idea, wait until the summer for Damiao then his club wont let him join until their season is over

Exactly what I think. Supposedly got 22mill to spend from failed moutinho bid and its the off season in brazil....yet still told next window next window.

You are aware, I hope, that clubs have different priorities and consequently behave differently in the January window, both with regard to keeping and buying players?

A deal that was possible in August might well not be possible in January.

yeah i cant see Damiao moving till after the 2014 World cup....Its close now, Brazil will be bouncing from now till then, i cant see him wanting to move. His club dont seem desperate to sell either and we all knowSpurs are highly unlikely to make any eye popping offers to either the club or the player

next

You are aware, I hope, that clubs have different priorities and consequently behave differently in the January window, both with regard to keeping and buying players?

A deal that was possible in August might well not be possible in January.

I'm fully aware of that. Now can you answer why when we are desperate for a striker, would we wait till summer to sign one from brazil if levy believes he is attainable?

I'm fully aware of that. Now can you answer why when we are desperate for a striker, would we wait till summer to sign one from brazil if levy believes he is attainable?

We wouldn't.

The ITK that said we're in for a striker in the summer said Leandro is not going to happen.

Fine don't worry. I think it's bolloks too tbh don't expect levy to break habit of last 4 years and buy us a striker we are crying out for.

Actually, I think I misread your initial post. My bad.

I thought you were referring only to Moutinho and about how we weren't back in for him. Somehow missed the bit about the Brazilian off season. Apologies.

As to why we haven't spent the supposed Moutinho money on Damiao, I guess that there are at least a couple of plausible reasons:

1. We think we will get Moutinho in the summer so need to keep that money available.

2. Damiao is simply overpriced.

Actually, I think I misread your initial post. My bad.

I thought you were referring only to Moutinho and about how we weren't back in for him. Somehow missed the bit about the Brazilian off season. Apologies.

As to why we haven't spent the supposed Moutinho money on Damiao, I guess that there are at least a couple of plausible reasons:

1. We think we will get Moutinho in the summer so need to keep that money available.

2. Damiao is simply overpriced.

Moutinho deal must be close to dead

for the price Porto want (20 mill plus) and the fact Moutinho will be 27 by the end of the summer, Levy will not allow such a deal imo

Holtby is younger and cheaper and has the potential to become like Moutinho

Moutinho deal must be close to dead

for the price Porto want (20 mill plus) and the fact Moutinho will be 27 by the end of the summer, Levy will not allow such a deal imo

Holtby is younger and cheaper and has the potential to become like Moutinho

Absolutely. I fully appreciate that.

I'm just speculating as to the possible reasons why we apparently had £22 million to spend on Moutinho in August but might not have a similar amount to spend on a striker now.

- He's not as good as Dempsey
- He's injury plagued
- He's got poor technique
- Redknapp wanted him, AVB didn't
- He'd just be another Murphy/Cambell/Rasiak/Saha panic buy that we'd struggle to offload for the next 4-5 years
- AVB prefers quality over quantity

etc....

This comments shows you really have no clue about the player loic remy

Good question. Top player, can be massive, but has had his injury problems aswell in the last 12 months which probably got us worried.

This is what I feel. But injury prone he isn't. Fast player who still quite young and can play in several attacking positions at a bargain price. So fits into mould of Tottenham imo. Of all long term and short term strikers suggested only Lorente and Damiao seem better options

Back