• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

And the reason we didn't sign Hooper in the first week of the window was because we'd much rather have on of the other two and neither of them will be sold until close to the end.

I could actually see that being the case.

Leandro is first choice

Negredo back up

and Hooper panic buy

Makes sense, and to be honest what more could we ask for? Damiao is probably best option, but if he's unattainable/too expensive Negredo is a good player who would fit into PL style and not overpriced reportedly....failing that take a gamble on Hooper.

The Journalist said: ↑

I am told that tottenham have targeted a striker for the summer.
Levy now has someone else he respects in his ear and will wait until the summer to get his target.
so if tottenham do get in a forward, and there's nothing being work on, i can only see it being a last minite deal.

Sorry Leandro and Willian are both not happening.
Numerous clubs made enquiries about Willian.
Neither is Negredo; doesn't mean he won't sign somewhere else though.
Read some of yesterdays stuff re. lyon; They were willing to sell the players in the summer. Tottenham weren' interested then, apart from LLoris. I dont know if thats changed.

i know i will probably get slated but AVB still wants moutinho.nothings changed. i expect another Levy bid or at least AVB does.
theres also a defender tottenham want but will wait until the summer unless another club goes in for him.

The Journalist said: ↑

I am told that tottenham have targeted a striker for the summer.
Levy now has someone else he respects in his ear and will wait until the summer to get his target.
so if tottenham do get in a forward, and there's nothing being work on, i can only see it being a last minite deal.

Sorry Leandro and Willian are both not happening.
Numerous clubs made enquiries about Willian.
Neither is Negredo; doesn't mean he won't sign somewhere else though.
Read some of yesterdays stuff re. lyon; They were willing to sell the players in the summer. Tottenham weren' interested then, apart from LLoris. I dont know if thats changed.

i know i will probably get slated but AVB still wants moutinho.nothings changed. i expect another Levy bid or at least AVB does.
theres also a defender tottenham want but will wait until the summer unless another club goes in for him.

Re: the bold bits....

my 7 year old labrador just read all that and said "well I could have told you all that".

Honestly

What he's saying is that we're not currently working on anything major, that's being planned for the summer. It is quite obvious that we won't be signing Leandro or Willian, not this window or any other window in the future.

The Journalist has got absolutely NOTHING right since he sprang up a year or so ago.

Call it lucky guessing or whatever but at least some of these guys get the occasional thing right, they then live off it for years but this fella' hasn't got one right, ever.

The Journalist has got absolutely NOTHING right since he sprang up a year or so ago.

Call it lucky guessing or whatever but at least some of these guys get the occasional thing right, they then live off it for years but this fella' hasn't got one right, ever.

He got Lloris spot on this summer, unlike some of the others that kept changing their mind constantly.

He got Lloris spot on this summer, unlike some of the others that kept changing their mind constantly.

I reckon Lloris was one of the worst kept secrets of the summer considering their chairman kept blabbing about it.

He said he were going to sign Huntelaar AND Farfan last January IIRC, along with some Villa players. I love me some ITK but I rank him as one of the worst.

I reckon Lloris was one of the worst kept secrets of the summer considering their chairman kept blabbing about it.

He said he were going to sign Huntelaar AND Farfan last January IIRC, along with some Villa players. I love me some ITK but I rank him as one of the worst.

His reasoning was the one that made most sense. We made an early bid for Lloris which they rejected. Two months later Lyon calls back and would like to sell anyway, which was when Levy demanded a lower price.

His reasoning was the one that made most sense. We made an early bid for Lloris which they rejected. Two months later Lyon calls back and would like to sell anyway, which was when Levy demanded a lower price.

I do enjoy the attitudes towards Levy when he does this, for Lloris he was met with waves of admiration, now the frustration has set in as it seems he's employing the same tactic and we wait and see if come the 1st of Feb everyone is sucking him off again.

Greg Stobart @gstobart

Damiao is both AVB & Levy's first choice of the 'attainable' strikers. Expect #THFC will wait until the summer & look for a stop-gap now

I wonder who he quoted 'attainable' from.

Stobart was first to break Holtby yesterday and has good links with the club right?

I wonder who he quoted 'attainable' from.

Stobart was first to break Holtby yesterday and has good links with the club right?

He's decent, but his colleague Wayne Veysey is the one banging the Villa to Arsenal drum. I think Veysey is gooner anyway and Stobart a Spurs fan, no guarantees though.

Greg Stobart @gstobart

Damiao is both AVB & Levy's first choice of the 'attainable' strikers. Expect #THFC will wait until the summer & look for a stop-gap now

Hmmm, who can we get as a stop gap that would be willing to come and know they wouldn't be playing much after the summer? Is there anyone available on loan??

Damiao isn't going anywhere as long as he's happy to stay in Brazil and fight for a spot in their World Cup squad. Not saying he wouldn't be able to do that with us, but it's worked pretty well for him where he is so far.

Back