• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

I think he'd play as a #10 to begin with and occasionally cover/rotate with Bale and Lennon, next season he'd be Bale's replacement.

I know we're not signing him but anyway.

You really think AVB will suddenly make these drastic tactical changes half way through a season?

It's not that drastic. We're just talking Willian in for Lennon, on top of Parker in for Sandro and Holtby challenging Dempsey.

I agree this won't happen - it will be the summer if at all (as he can sign a pre-contract next Jan, so they will have to sell in the summer)

I think he'd play as a #10 to begin with and occasionally cover/rotate with Bale and Lennon, next season he'd be Bale's replacement.

I know we're not signing him but anyway.

There's nowt wrong with a bit of fantasy football while there's still 3 days left. :p

Shakhtar are loaded and have absolutely no reason to sell. The only possible glimmer we have that the price might creep under £20m is that he's only got 18 months left on his contract.

True, but also the fact that he didn't show up for the start of their preseason. Don't know if he's still on a strike though but it definately helps our chances, even though I hate when footballers do that.

can soomeone explain why loic remy wasnt signed for just 8.9m euros? seems bargin in what sounds desperate times?

- He's not as good as Dempsey
- He's injury plagued
- He's got poor technique
- Redknapp wanted him, AVB didn't
- He'd just be another Murphy/Cambell/Rasiak/Saha panic buy that we'd struggle to offload for the next 4-5 years
- AVB prefers quality over quantity

etc....

- He's injury plagued
- He'd just be another Murphy/Cambell/Rasiak/Saha panic buy that we'd struggle to offload for the next 4-5 years

etc....

wtf? i specifically remember you wanting us to sign him and even putting him in your line up on the right hand side of an attacking three. You said you thought he'd be a good signing???

- He's injury plagued

etc....

Agree with all of this. Don't think we should bring a striker to the club unless they are
a) Definite upgrades on Defoe and/or Ade (think Damiao, Jovetic, Doumbia, arguably Negredo)
b) One for the future who can be bedded in slowly (Fischer, Damiao, the Ipswich guy, random Brazilian dudes from FM)

IMO, Remy doesn't tick either box. I'd also argue that Ba, Sturridge, and Papis Cisse don't either. Undecided on Benteke and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. We don't need another Saha/Pav/Crouch situation. Good players, but not really good enough to make the difference.

Agree with all of this. Don't think we should bring a striker to the club unless they are
a) Definite upgrades on Defoe and/or Ade (think Damiao, Jovetic, Doumbia, arguably Negredo)
b) One for the future who can be bedded in slowly (Fischer, Damiao, the Ipswich guy, random Brazilian dudes from FM)

IMO, Remy doesn't tick either box. I'd also argue that Ba, Sturridge, and Papis Cisse don't either. Undecided on Benteke and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. We don't need another Saha/Pav/Crouch situation. Good players, but not really good enough to make the difference.

The problem with your (a) is that players who are a definite upgrade on Defoe or Adebayor generally go for £20m+, are also the target of clubs which have oligarch/oil money backing and they also want £100k+ per week. We cant pay £20 and £100k per week.

I would prefer it if we actually had a more normal number of CFs in the squad (3 snr plus a kid) before we start dreaming of players who are unobtainable

The problem with your (a) is that players who are a definite upgrade on Defoe or Adebayor generally go for £20m+, are also the target of clubs which have oligarch/oil money backing and they also want £100k+ per week. We cant pay £20 and £100k per week.

I would prefer it if we actually had a more normal number of CFs in the squad (3 snr plus a kid) before we start dreaming of players who are unobtainable

I think we are kind of agreeing. Tons of people bemoaned the likes of Bentley, Jenas, Pav, etc taking up big wages and transfer fees, and IMO, I'd rather gamble on qualifying for CL with the players we have than spunking money on guys who may not even really improve the squad. Then, if we make the CL, maybe we can actually spend 20 million on a striker. I'm sure if we paid 20 mil plus 80k per week, we could get Damiao, who would also potentially be worth more in later years. As unlikely as that is, I'd rather us buy some young unknown than average players like Remy, Hooper, or Sturridge, who are slightly less expensive.

ryantegan said: ↑

Im told that AVB specifically asked for Leandro. been told he is too expensive

unless Inter have their little zappy "reduced to clear" labeling machine, things wont change

Its Negredo for me, failing that Hooper on stand by. (leave it too long and he might just be on that plane to Norwich though)

Apologies if its been asked before, but I presume its 11pm on the 31st when the window actually closes? (or 'SLAMS SHUT' as SSN will no doubt say). Sometimes if gets moved a day or so though usually when it falls at a weekend etc

Ryantegan is he guy who supposedly got a bit of info indirectly through Harry, isn't he? So why is he still pretending to be itk about Spurs?

I could actually see that being the case.

Leandro is first choice

Negredo back up

and Hooper panic buy

Back