• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

Ok then

So let's analyse this remarkable story in a bit more detail

We can assume he was indeed on that flight and Schalke were indeed flying Economy on a short-distance flight - all very much plausible

From here on however - he claims they told him he can exit through the back door - highly unlikely considering an airport of that scale would have dedicated sleeves and those are ALWAYS attached to the front exits of the plane (check on Google Earth). Considering this was a short distance flight, the largest this plane could have realistically been was an A320 or a 737 at best (Lufthansa's smallest planes are currently the A319s according to their wiki fleet) - he also says he was sitting in the middle of the plane, seat 18 which implies a larger layout (unlikely to have been one of their smaller Bombardiers or Embraers on their regional subsidaries). So - in the middle of winter - are they really going to offload them with stairs - I suppose this is needed in order to make the bus story work. But even if they did use stairs (let's play along with this) - chances are those would have been attached to the front exits only. Also - do yourselves a favour and google Munich Airport on Google Earth and see how all the larger planes are taxied to dedicated sleeves. Also the bus ride apparently lasted 10 mins - awfully long time considering the distance from the furthest away point they could have stopped to the terminals (+/- 2km max - the bus needed to be doing 12km/h in order to achieve that). Also - where was the Lufthansa flight from since they don't serve Gelsenkirchen-to-Munich directly by the looks of things?

Next comes the bus ride - where the entire 'ITK' took place. A plane of this size (100+ passengers) would require at least 2 buses (probably even 3 to be safe) - yet he managed to get on theirs. Also says the buses were crowded yet he somehow managed to end up right next to him (although couldn't take pics, righto...) and the player in question was surprisingly willing to (eventually) share his entire life story with a complete stranger and reveal intimate details of his career future (something I'm sure his agent has advised him to be careful about - for all we know our friend could have been a journo - does every player reveal his future to every stranger they meet? :lol:) Then to top it all of - Hunterlaar was seemingly right next to them all this time eaves dropping on this existential conversation (presumably he understands English well, not sure considering he's Dutch and has never played in an English speaking country) - came into their conversation and revealed more personal details into the player's career. Hmmmm...

Probably did have some true ITK or read some German tabloid and tried his luck but this story is more akin to a Jason Statham flick. With respect.

I could, if necessary, pull apart every single sentence in that piece. You show a total naivety about aviation (I don't expect you to be an expert though. I, however, am ;) )

I won't do it, Arcy, because quite honestly, you are making yourself look a bit silly in this thread anyway, and it is starting to sound as if you are doing it purely to adopt a negative viewpoint and wind people up.

Just for the record, I am as sceptical over ANY ITK as the bigest non-believer on here, but there is so much of that story that just works. And seeing as it is the father posting, why would any self-respecting successful businessman who must be in his 50s (based on the sons previous) want to make up crap to that extent?

Let it go mate.

One more thing.............

We can assume he was indeed on that flight and Schalke were indeed flying Economy on a short-distance flight

There is a saying in my business........it goes

"never assume in aviation".

End.

Ok then

So let's analyse this remarkable story in a bit more detail

We can assume he was indeed on that flight and Schalke were indeed flying Economy on a short-distance flight - all very much plausible

From here on however - he claims they told him he can exit through the back door - highly unlikely considering an airport of that scale would have dedicated sleeves and those are ALWAYS attached to the front exits of the plane (check on Google Earth). Considering this was a short distance flight, the largest this plane could have realistically been was an A320 or a 737 at best (Lufthansa's smallest planes are currently the A319s according to their wiki fleet) - he also says he was sitting in the middle of the plane, seat 18 which implies a larger layout (unlikely to have been one of their smaller Bombardiers or Embraers on their regional subsidaries). So - in the middle of winter - are they really going to offload them with stairs - I suppose this is needed in order to make the bus story work. But even if they did use stairs (let's play along with this) - chances are those would have been attached to the front exits only. Also - do yourselves a favour and google Munich Airport on Google Earth and see how all the larger planes are taxied to dedicated sleeves. Also the bus ride apparently lasted 10 mins - awfully long time considering the distance from the furthest away point they could have stopped to the terminals (+/- 2km max - the bus needed to be doing 12km/h in order to achieve that). Also - where was the Lufthansa flight from since they don't serve Gelsenkirchen-to-Munich directly by the looks of things?

Next comes the bus ride - where the entire 'ITK' took place. A plane of this size (100+ passengers) would require at least 2 buses (probably even 3 to be safe) - yet he managed to get on theirs. Also says the buses were crowded yet he somehow managed to end up right next to him (although couldn't take pics, righto...) and the player in question was surprisingly willing to (eventually) share his entire life story with a complete stranger and reveal intimate details of his career future (something I'm sure his agent has advised him to be careful about - for all we know our friend could have been a journo - does every player reveal his future to every stranger they meet? :lol:) Then to top it all of - Hunterlaar was seemingly right next to them all this time eaves dropping on this existential conversation (presumably he understands English well, not sure considering he's Dutch and has never played in an English speaking country) - came into their conversation and revealed more personal details into the player's career. Hmmmm...

Probably did have some true ITK or read some German tabloid and tried his luck but this story is more akin to a Jason Statham flick. With respect.

WOW!!!!... Mate go out and get some fresh air, look at the sky and the trees, talk to a complete stranger, stroke a bloody dog.....ANYTHING other then this!!!!

I've landed in Munich and we had to get the stairs and a bus to the terminal and they put stairs on both front and rear exits and had a bus each end so ... sorry Arc, I think you're talking gonad*s

So many of you're mentioning the plane (pre-bus) story which I've already accepted for the sake of argument, yet ignoring the unlikely events that took place on the actual bus itself (the real ITK money shot galore). Each to their own, I guess, fair enough

Last edited:
So many of you're mentioning the plane (pre-bus) story which I've already accepted for the sake of argument, yet ignoring the unlikely events that took place on the actual bus itself (the real ITK money shot galore). Each to their own, I guess, fair enough

Why is it unlikely?

Have you never stood next to someone famous on public transport before?

I know I have...........numerous times. Granted, Katie price didn't give me any ITK though :-k

Why is it unlikely?

Have you never stood next to someone famous on public transport before?

I know I have...........numerous times. Granted, Katie price didn't give me any ITK though :-k

So you wanted to bury your face In The Knockers but she was having none of it?

Jasper on SO re Willian

Fingers crossed folks if you get my meaning ;-) No hints or no more disclosing

Jasper on SO re Willian

Fingers crossed folks if you get my meaning ;-) No hints or no more disclosing

Willian deal makes a lot of sense. He wants away and seems happy to force a move, he has said publicly that he would like to play for us, AVB has said that he rates him and has rated him for some while, only a year and a half left on his contract.

From what little I've seen of him, I'd love us to sign Willian.

Can't imagine that it'll be anything other than very difficult, though. Shakhtar have a wealthy owner and they could well dig their heels in - especially since Danny boy is unlikely to make a generous offer for a player who will be out of contract in 18 months.

And, quite apart from that, we won't be the only club in for him. I fully expect Chelsea to steal in for him - because they're a bit light in the attacking midfield department, of course.

Back