• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

Pinch of salt and all that, but it certainly seems like there's a real interest there and a deal to be made.

We all know there is interest there. Even AVB has confirmed it - something about when we draw up our transfer lists Damiao is always on it (he said the same about Willian). The thing is that financially we haven't been able to make the deal work for us yet...who knows if we can or not.

The original JJetset @jetsetyid

Llorente - Juve Remy- Italy
The most annoying one is Pjanic currently either PSG or Chavski! So frustrating Mr AVB!!!

@jetsetyid avb said no in the summer right

Correct

Zaha currently not us or anywhere else and too dear.

@jetsetyid What about Damiao and Moutinho?

Not yet

Erm..

If the two clubs in for Pjanic are PSG and Chavski there would really be no point in us entering that race.

Who: Ali Z
When: 7th January
Where: COYS

re Leandro

My info as of today is that we want this to happen but not looking likely, no deal agreed, I will add that geeing info oiut of the club is much harder these days so not sure what to believe. As of beginning of the month was told not to expect any major signings, my source still thinks AVB will not get any 1 on his list.

re Zaha

Zaha has definately been on radar along with Hughes and another youngster whose name slips my mind, expect 1/3 with loan back this month, as for other incomings notsure we are close to anything else, you all by now know AVB's targets, personally can't see any of them happening.

He had a similar strop in the summer about AVB turning down Sahin because he didn't think he'd succeed in this league, so guess Andre has the better judgement.

To be fair there were quite a few people on here who thought that we'd missed out at the time

Ask a Liverpool fan and they probably still think they got the better deal with Sahin than us with Dempsey and Sig.

To be fair there were quite a few people on here who thought that we'd missed out at the time

I wanted us to sign him if we could, but I didn't want us to sign him just on a loan without the option to buy.

I still think he will be a great player somewhere though :)

Yeah but there's probably Liverpool fans out there who think they did better with Downing than we did with Bale.

You know what, I think Levy has done the right thing by implementing a DOF structure and organising a team around AVB. In business, which football clubs rarely follow as a model, the best managers organise teams around them with different opinions to bounce off.

I think its great that AVB, Sherwood, Freund and Levy discuss transfers and sometimes someone pointing out you haven't considered about a player can change your decision. Look at the likes of Dalglish and Hughes. Both QPR and Liverpool got new owners with big bonanzas of investment (one-off investment) which the owners thought would give them the kick-start needed to challenge. But both managers, without the input and advise of others wasted millions on average players, which have probably set both clubs back years in terms of development.

It may have been that Freund pushed for Holtby for example, but i'm sure it will all have been discussed and as a deal it is low-risk and given he is half-English he has as much a chance of adapting well as any young foreign player.

All of our signings have fitted in well and although they might not be AVB's sole choices, they definately fit into the game plan and have done really well. So i'm glad that we have this policy whatever people think of it.

Writing him off after 5 months in a particular setup is bizarre to say the least

I don't think that anyone is writing him off or saying that he is a bad player. What we were saying is that it was a bad deal.

Back