• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Funny, spurs fans seemed to think kim min jae and de ligt were world class.
De ligt has never really stepped up since Ajax
He has been the same player
Kim min Jae joined a club that was tactically a bit of mess and maybe the language side won’t have helped

We're being linked with Tammy Abraham today.

As are West Ham, Villa, Everton...
he'd have a fight to get accepted by our fans as an ex Chelsea player and also a cheap option. Not sure he's much better than Richi in terms of output (awaiting commentary!!)...

he'd have a fight to get accepted by our fans as an ex Chelsea player and also a cheap option. Not sure he's much better than Richi in terms of output (awaiting commentary!!)...
Agreed.

Would make sense as a "Richarlison is actually good enough, but we need another option at a similar level who can perform fairly quickly" type signing.

Obviously we should always look to sign better players than we already have, but if one isn't available for a cost that's within our budget an option or that would strengthen us.

Has "forgotten (for a reason) player is desperate for attention, and tries to be relevant again" all over it.

I'd take Abraham if it means selling richy and getting back enough change to afford another quality in other transfers.

I mean paratici did well and now has more help Webb and lange - surely we should be able to discover more players with the value and impact of vdv, vicario, udogie, sarr etc.

The player probably fancies a move back to the PL and his agent is trying his best to generate some interest by getting a journalist mate to write something.

Or some hack website just made it up for the clicks.

I don't pay much attention to any rumour unless it's the more "trustworthy" sources like Romano, local media from the player's home country or everyone is running with it.

Maybe misremembering but Bissouma, VdV, Dragusin & Maddison weren't exactly out of the blue. Vicario was
Unless my memory is playing tricks on me Bissouma was most definitely out of the blue. That being said it doesn't really change your point, some signings have exposure in the press beforehand others not at all....

Unless my memory is playing tricks on me Bissouma was most definitely out of the blue. That being said it doesn't really change your point, some signings have exposure in the press beforehand others not at all....

Bissouma iirc was both us & Arsenal being heavily linked prior to the season finishing

Haven't all our recent signings come out the blue, with no speculation in the press beforehand? So basically, if it's in the press (or ITKs lol), its gonad*s.
It depemds on how long you're talking about the media talking about a move, because every transfer we've made in the last few years has been covered by the press before the official announcement or even the medicals have taken place. So I dunno, if you're saying months and months of pre speculation then sure but almost all moves are discussed in the press before they are actually officially done.

Bissouma iirc was both us & Arsenal being heavily linked prior to the season finishing
Ah fair enough. I remember when it broke in the Athletic that deal had been agreed everyone was saying that had come out of nowhere. But if we had been linked a while before makes a bit more sense.....

Not as far as i remember. Ally gold was the only one that mentioned him. Even that he just said keep an eye on him about a week before the transfer happened.

All gone a bit quiet hasn't it. Do you think anything will still happen while the Euros are going on?

All gone a bit quiet hasn't it. Do you think anything will still happen while the Euros are going on?

Not with anyone going. I would expect them to be focused on other things.

Rest will probably be on holiday, so will probably be quiet for a week or 2

Back