• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

I don't think many Aussies are bitter. It's been a disappointing Olympics but I've enjoyed seeing Britain do well as the host country.

The media are the ones who get in a spaz, but we all know the British media would be exactly the same (if not worse).

Our media are embarrassing, no doubt. No bitterness here about Team GB success, as I posted earlier, I'm enjoying it. Just the over-reaction to an undoubtedly disappointing but ultimately correct call by the track cycling judges.

I even read a tweet saying they hoped Meares' plane was hijacked by terrorists on the way home.

I'll lay my cards on the table - I know her. Well enough to say hi to if I saw her out. She makes grown red-blooded men look like fairies with her strength of character, but is a complete champion off the track. So reading nonsense like have been on here and all over the net just makes my blood boil, especially when in a weeks time, all these Eddie the Experts will have moved on and not give two bricks about the sport.

Our media are embarrassing, no doubt. No bitterness here about Team GB success, as I posted earlier, I'm enjoying it. Just the over-reaction to an undoubtedly disappointing but ultimately correct call by the track cycling judges.

I even read a tweet saying they hoped Meares' plane was hijacked by terrorists on the way home.

I'll lay my cards on the table - I know her. Well enough to say hi to if I saw her out. She makes grown red-blooded men look like fairies with her strength of character, but is a complete champion off the track. So reading nonsense like have been on here and all over the net just makes my blood boil, especially when in a weeks time, all these Eddie the Experts will have moved on and not give two bricks about the sport.

Yep fair enough mate and I agree with that. How many people watch cycling enough to say the judges were wrong?

Another Gold!! This time in the kayak.

That's 31 gold now for Great Brewzalia, just 3 shy of the yanks. Go team.

Let's be honest, our national anthem is not the best is it?! If it was as good as the Italian national anthem, then there would be no excuse for not singing cos it's a great anthem! If some athletes want to stand there and just take in the emotion and let the crowd sing along, then so be it.

Yeah, they should have left all the stuff in about stomping all over the Scots - would have been far more amusing!

Britain's media is probably worse than your lot - I've never actually looked at any Australian publications, but ours is so bad I can safely assume so!

It's heat of the moment mate - people getting worked up and able to post their feelings quickly over the internet. I doubt they feel the same way now, a bit similar to calling an opposition player in football a 'c*nt'

Yep fair enough mate and I agree with that. How many people watch cycling enough to say the judges were wrong?

How much do you need to watch cycling to realise elbowing your opponent is wrong? As Cavendish pointed out it was the contact that caused Pendleton to come out of her lane.

Actually I think she came out of her lane marginally before contact was made, and then once they'd both settled down after the coming together Pentleton came out of her lane again just before the end. I think it was a correct call from the judge.

How much do you need to watch cycling to realise elbowing your opponent is wrong? As Cavendish pointed out it was the contact that caused Pendleton to come out of her lane.

Up until that point I had no idea what that red line was even for. I don't know the intricate rules and things so I can't judge, just like most others.

Keri-Anne Payne in the 10k open water... (400 lengths of a normal pool) in cold, dirty, choppy open water... all to miss out on Bronze by .04 of a second!

That's a proper British Olympic Scenario right there lol... how gutting!

Unbelievable.. Canada who have been battered all game, hardly even touched the ball literally, France have hit the woodwork GHod knows how many times, had shots cleared off the line etc and Canada have won it in stoppage time!!! Football, bloody hell

Considering they got done in the 3rd minute of added time, at the end of extra time, in their semi with the Yanks, I'm quite pleased they won that.

Keep an eye out for the 17-year old American girl in one of the finals. Her semi final was some of the most entertaining boxing I've ever seen. Any shortcomings in technique is more than made up for in enthusiasm.

Back