• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

I know it's early, but who is going to win sports personality of the year? Wiggins looked nailed on a few days ago. But Murray might have a shot, Jessica Ennis is hugely popular, Mo Farrah?

It's a joke that Giggs won it a couple of years ago for playing about 12 games!

I'd be shocked if Wiggins didnt win it

I know it's early, but who is going to win sports personality of the year? Wiggins looked nailed on a few days ago. But Murray might have a shot, Jessica Ennis is hugely popular, Mo Farrah?

It's a joke that Giggs won it a couple of years ago for playing about 12 games!

I'd be shocked if Wiggins didnt win it

I think Wiggins should be hot favourite. The first ever British Tour de France winner and another gold making him the all-time British leader for total Olympic medals should win in any year.

I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't win. Jessica Ennis will almost certainly be a strong contender and there has been all the fuss about no women being nominated in the past so expect a campaign for her. Another who might get a public campaign is Granger for finally getting a gold. So expect John Terry to go up to collect the award ... in a wig.

Last edited:
Lineker is a safe pair of hands, but doesn't add anything.
Lineker's terrible, shouldn't be anywhere near it. When it goes at all off piste he completely fluffs it. Inverdale is far superior.

Anyway, nice to see the medals keep rolling in, shame to be at work :(

Linekar is good at presenting football because he obviously knows the sport, but he's out of his depth when it comes to other sports IMO. I don't rate Inverdale that much either, he should stick to egg chasing.

5 golds and a bronze in 7 events. May well have been 6 golds bar the DQ.

Could well take the other 3 goals as well.

Great decision to pick Kenny ahead of Hoy.

Bauge had the measure of Hoy recently so it was always a sound decision. It was a brave one dropping the triple Olympic champion from one of his events, but should also mean he is full of energy for the Keirin.

Bauge had the measure of Hoy recently so it was always a sound decision. It was a brave one dropping the triple Olympic champion from one of his events, but should also mean he is full of energy for the Keirin.

Oh right I must admit I didn't know Hoy had another event. That's the moped one right?

Back