• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

It's been odd like that, sportsmen and women commentating on different sports - Balding on swimming and not equestrian!
Anyways, Bert Le Clos been my highlight!

Where she is today doing the showjumping, Swimming needed a presenter question caller, Mark Foster/Ian Thorpe have been the swimming brains.

GHod Lineker has been damn awful. to many times thinking about whats he is about to say, no fluidity with him.

Twitter has turned him into a PC loyalist too worried about upsetting people.

Where she is today doing the showjumping, Swimming needed a presenter question caller, Mark Foster/Ian Thorpe have been the swimming brains.

GHod Lineker has been damn awful. to many thinking about whats he is about to say, no fluidity with him.

Gary Lineker? I thought that was Jonathon Edwards :-k - i am joking!
I don't mind Claire Balding, felt sorry for her when she is at the Swimming and Team GB winning silver in the hosses!

Lineker is a safe pair of hands, but doesn't add anything.

At least they didn't bring in Hansen, Lawrensen and Shearer to comment on the hockey and handball.

It seems the best presenters are the ones that show genuine enthusiam for what they are doing (which is the majority, sailing, rowing, cycling), whilst others like Lineker feels cold, and more interested in making sure he doesn't offend anyone.

Like someone said before the worst are the roving reporters, still, at least though they are better than the Gadget show guy who was ment to present the Commonwealth games, and failed miserably and dropped after a few days lol

What does everyone think of Christine Ohuruogu? I refused to support her due the missed drugs tests

On the pundits, has anyone noticed that Cavendish keeps looking at the track when he's talking?

Loved the Taylor v Jonas womens boxing - slugfest!
Only downside to BBC's coverage is Reggie fking Yates, seriously, have they activated the brick presenters button? Reggie Yates, Trevor Nelson & that blonde bird off Blue Peter.
Oh, and Jake Humphries hasn't been too bad either!

Only event so far were the Home crowd were out sung. The Irish completely took over Excel arena.
It was an unbelievable fight. Taylor is nailed on for Gold.

And to point out.. John Inverdale, class above.

He decent at presenting but I think he's terrible at interviewing people. Just not warm enough. Gabby Logan has been the class act of the BBC presenters. She has the exact right tone for the Olympics. Lineker and Inverdale can't do uplifting.

What does everyone think of Christine Ohuruogu? I refused to support her due the missed drugs tests

On the pundits, has anyone noticed that Cavendish keeps looking at the track when he's talking?

He doesn't know were to look when someone else is speaking, he either looks around him or stares stright into the camera. No media training whatsoever. I don't think it was planned for him to be working for the BBC before the Olympics.

Is there a reason that track cycling isn't on the tv more often.. could they not do like a Premier League darts razzle dazzle to it.

I think its one of the few things that could gain alot of support and therefore put money into it.

Is fatigue an issue and they cannot race every week, they could alternate week to week with the mens and womens.

If I was Head of a sport channel I'd be looking into forming some kind of superleague format.

I know it's early, but who is going to win sports personality of the year? Wiggins looked nailed on a few days ago. But Murray might have a shot, Jessica Ennis is hugely popular, Mo Farrah?

It's a joke that Giggs won it a couple of years ago for playing about 12 games!

Back