• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

As a general note: You can have banter without getting needlessly aggressive, insulting or even abusive.

Now carry on poking fun at each other.

USA vs. Canada womans was absolutely brilliant, what a goal to win it to from Alex Morgan, 4-3!

Is it? he looked gassed in the semi at the end.

He's in lane 3 which is a decent draw.
I got the lane draw wrong. 3 was a good draw, but he still didn't run to his best.
Well done Sanchez, 8yrs between golds is pretty good.

AND when he received his medal, thats what sport means, right there.

They made us aware of it as well. Fair game now!

To be fair, it was Cricket, Olympics, Commonwealths, rugby league and union, netball and football.

So yeah, go your hardest. Nice to know in your nations greatest sporting moment of the last half century, you still can't stop thinking about us.

Where does this myth come from about Australia dominating England at football? You've won once out of the 6 times the two nations have met (admittedly the last time) but that was in 2003 so as relevant as the English wins in the 1980s and 1990s now.

I got the lane draw wrong. 3 was a good draw, but he still didn't run to his best.
Well done Sanchez, 8yrs between golds is pretty good.

AND when he received his medal, thats what sport means, right there.

Yeah shame seems like a really nice guy as well. Seems 400m hurdles is a really inconsistent event time wise, his SF time would have won him the worlds last year.

Still commonwealth, european and world gold medals arent bad to have.

He is still young enough to figure in Rio and doesnt seem there is much more talent around coming up and Culson, Taylor and Sanchez will alll be retired or wrong side of 30 next time. Could well pick up some more medals over the next few years.

Last edited:
To be fair, it was Cricket, Olympics, Commonwealths, rugby league and union, netball and football.

So yeah, go your hardest. Nice to know in your nations greatest sporting moment of the last half century, you still can't stop thinking about us.

Football? When have we ever played you in a competitive game? Last time we played you it was in a friendly which hardly counts.

If you had won say 9 or 10 medals, then I don't think we would care that much. But the fact that you have only won 2 golds and could possibly find yourself in a situation where Usain Bolt on his own wins more than you is amusing to us.

Football? When have we ever played you in a competitive game? Last time we played you it was in a friendly which hardly counts.

If you had won say 9 or 10 medals, then I don't think we would care that much. But the fact that you have only won 2 golds and could possibly find yourself in a situation where Usain Bolt on his own wins more than you is amusing to us.

There's only one match you can use, and it's that friendly where we creamed your best XI, and it was only your scrubbers led by Franny Jeffers who brought a bit of respectability to the scoreline. If you'd won World Cups or Euros in the mean time, fair enough, but you haven't dont anything of note in football for over 40 years, so we're even stevens in that regard, so I'm claiming our football domination based on that friendly and rightly so.

And trust me, you'd care. You can't stop thinking about us. We're the Tottenham to your West Ham.

There's only one match you can use, and it's that friendly where we creamed your best XI, and it was only your scrubbers led by Franny Jeffers who brought a bit of respectability to the scoreline. If you'd won World Cups or Euros in the mean time, fair enough, but you haven't dont anything of note in football for over 40 years, so we're even stevens in that regard, so I'm claiming our football domination based on that friendly and rightly so.

And trust me, you'd care. You can't stop thinking about us. We're the Tottenham to your West Ham.

You must surely be on a wind up

In the absence of any other evidence, it's the only conclusion you can draw.

PS - Of course I'm taking the tinkle ... sort of

PPS - Infraction! Stop picking on the Aussies

I remember that game by the way. Was absolutely hideous viewing.

The BBC keep showing that German bloke Feck doing a triple somersault belly flop in the diving..should have got 10's for it!

I remember that game by the way. Was absolutely hideous viewing.

The BBC keep showing that German bloke Feck doing a triple somersault belly flop in the diving..should have got 10's for it!

Oi! That was the 'backflop' version....a much higher degree of difficulty.......don't you know your diving? :lol:

Its so easy to think that we would slightly balls up hosting the games in one way or another.

BUT it really does look like being the nuts.

I have said to the mrs several times that the scenery and backdrop look like something america only make out of cardboard and ply. Check Queen Anne house at greenwich and the beach volleyball at Horseguards, when they draw back with the camera its a stunning scene. Throw in Box Hill, Hampton Court and the sightseeing wonder of the marathon and triathlon, f*ck me we are showing ourselves off.

Keeping so much central was a great decision, and the venues have been first class. The Olympic Park is a real hub of sporting achievement and soon to be memories. Naturally we are such a sport loving nation that those venues have been rocking, and Team GB have been paying us back in spades. I couldn't care if it cost 9 Billion, thats cheap for the greatest show on earth.

Back