• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

hannahenglandmg2010.jpg

She's tall.

We've had no luck and also you bastards have loaded up your resources in sports we generally go alright in (cycling, rowing).

In swimming we miss having freaks like Thorpe, Hackett, Perkins, etc.

A lot of your top cycling and rowing teams or individuals were world champions coming into the games and have been slightly off the pace here. The British teams have won most of these match-ups in the Olympics but over the season its a split of the world and Olympics. Not exactly a crisis. Perhaps our teams focused on the Olympics more because it was London and then there is home advantage. The margins are tiny. We also seem to have more strength in depth. Bobridge, in particular, was unlucky they dropped the individual pursuit as he was the only rider who made any inroads against the GB team.

The swimming team must be more of a concern. There you were traditional a powerhouse. Now it seems to come down to a few individuals

Does anyone know about the new tickets that come on sale on a daily basis? Do they appear on the site at a certain time or is it random?

Usually in the evening I've found around 9pm things seem to update but I guess its just random.

Our swimmers were cursed by their own arrogance. Those 3 champions I mentioned were also extremely humble and dedicated (even if Hackett is an abusive drunk now) and carried the rest of the group.

Our swimmers were cursed by their own arrogance. Those 3 champions I mentioned were also extremely humble and dedicated (even if Hackett is an abusive drunk now) and carried the rest of the group.

The BBC have had Ian Thorpe on as a pundit. He was superb. He made his points clearly and came over as very humble. If you didn't know, you'd never have guessed he was a great swimmer.

Amazing that when I was younger I'd run the 100m in roughly the same as some gold medallists of the past. Thanks for sharing that

Yes of course you did.

The guy who won in 1896 was 12 seconds.....I could run 100 metres in 12 seconds when I was 14.

25 seconds for 200

61 for 400

2.08 for 800 and 4.26 for 1500.............it was my favourite sport at school.

12 seconds aint fast.......most district/county schools level meets feature guys who could run 11.00-11.80 seconds for 100 metres

it's true guys, I do! ;)

nah, in all honesty at 13, I never thought 12 seconds was fast considering records were under 10 seconds at Olympics and i never aspired to be an Olympian running athlete, was just a sports day thing and usual P.E stuff in school. But seeing that gold medallists in the past for 100m were running 12 seconds, it's quite interesting :D

The thing to remember about those guys back in the day though, is that they didn't do it professionally like the guys now. They didn't train as much, because they had real jobs! Also, they didn't use starting blocks to propel them!

Back