• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

Jeez nearly done him

AzkB2SFCMAECvRQ.jpg

:ross:

In all the excitement tonight, it was missed that Luke Campbell won his Bantam weight bout and has now guaranteed himself at least a Bronze. Well done

Oksana Chusovitina got 5th place in vault in gymnastics. She is 37 YEARS OLD!

Some of her medals, note the countries:

Gold at the 1991 World championship for Russia
Gold at the 1992 Olympics for the Unified team of Former Soviet Republics (or whatever they called themselves),
Gold at the 2003 World championship for Uzbekistan
Silver at the 2008 Olympics competing for Germany.

Shouldn't be running IMO, good story etc but stick to the Paralympics.

Is there a reason why he is allowed to run in the Olympics? I was thinking perhaps he qualified when he had legs or something? I honestly don't know and haven't quite looked it up, but surely yeah paralympics would have been for him?

Is there a reason why he is allowed to run in the Olympics? I was thinking perhaps he qualified when he had legs or something? I honestly don't know and haven't quite looked it up, but surely yeah paralympics would have been for him?

He's running in the paralympics as well.

No story, just qualified fastest for his country.

BBC making sly remarks about Christine Ohuruogu only peaking in major championships. They should just come out and talk about her previous ban.

He went to court in 2007, but the verdict didn't come in time for the 2008 Olympics I think.

Shouldn't be running IMO, good story etc but stick to the Paralympics.

Agreed, has opened the door and will end badly IMO. Cyclists and swimmers can't use suits which alter their body shape even marginally but this guy can run without legs?

The fact that his performance is in no small part down to technology gives him a huge advantage as technology progresses.

I see some tosser has been arrested for throwing a bottle onto the track at the start of the 100m final. I know he has not killed anybody but he deserves a tough prison sentence for complex stupidity

I see some tosser has been arrested for throwing a bottle onto the track at the start of the 100m final. I know he has not killed anybody but he deserves a tough sentence for complex stupidity

I only noticed that now after watching the highlights show.

Just wanted some attention.

Agreed, has opened the door and will end badly IMO. Cyclists and swimmers can't use suits which alter their body shape even marginally but this guy can run without legs?

The fact that his performance is in no small part down to technology gives him a huge advantage as technology progresses.

He was denied entry a few years ago, those blades provide an extra spring to his step.

Body suits in swimming has been banned, but cyclists still use full body lycra suits?

Even though the bloke came last in his heat, I just don't think it's right. As you say, when technology advances - we could have someone with a major disability running faster than someone who is able-bodied. When does it stop?

Body suits in swimming has been banned, but cyclists still use full body lycra suits?

Even though the bloke came last in his heat, I just don't think it's right. As you say, when technology advances - we could have someone with a major disability running faster than someone who is able-bodied. When does it stop?

Suits with any rubber in them have been banned as they can alter the body shape and make them more aerodynamic

Someone I know said they think it's ok as long as he doesn't gain an unfair advantage, but how the hell do you define what unfair is?

Also, how can you ever ban any kind of false legs now? The IOC will be stuck between a rock and a hard place because if they ban anything that allows paralympians to win then they are simply paying them lip service and never giving them a chance of getting a medal, but if you give them a chance to win then you are giving them an unfair advantage over able bodied athletes.

False legs can only be described as performance enhancing and shouldn't be allowed

Back