• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
What about the story about his mum, after consultations with his new cleaner, sent him off to John Lewis to buy a list of supplies including an iron, a mop and a Hoover. A few hours later, hi's car pulled up with a van behind, which promptly unloaded a giant trampoline, two Vespa scooters and no cleaning products whatsoever. Classic

Most if not all of the stories are apocryphal.

Balotelli is a disgrace to himself, his team and his family. He's got talent but no need to act such a big man or like the world owes him something. He's got such a chip on his shoulder and is an embarrassment quite frankly. Kids will look up to him he shouldn't be allowed to be a pro footballer. He's everything wrong with this country as others have mentioned.

Balotelli is a phenomenal talent, and people forget he's only 21.

He's clearly had a troubled upbringing.

As much as I want to hate him after the Parker incident, I can't. The guy was class yesterday, and made some good comments about racism etc earlier in the tournament.

I think he's gonna be some player, if club managers can manage him correctly

So you show 2 videos which involve a) a red card, which wasn't for stamping.. b) a supposed stamp which he didnt get sent off for

He clearly stamped on Parkers head......the fact he didn't get sent off for it means nowt.

He got 2 yellow cards last season, one for the forearm smash you saw on the video.

[video=youtube;SFvZ389nsCE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFvZ389nsCE[/video]

Rooney did that as a youngster too. Seems to have ironed it out though

[video=youtube;T07cjDcS-9U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T07cjDcS-9U[/video]

Not saying we should condone Balotelli because these things happened with other players, but don't feel that any extra vitriol is necessary for him, compared to other players

the red he recieved against Liverpool is one of the harshest reds ive seen in recent years, I've seen much worse (mostly from the likes of Holt, Davies, Crouch) that dont get punished whatsoever. Shearer went his whole career doing that.

[video=youtube;SFvZ389nsCE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFvZ389nsCE[/video]

Rooney did that as a youngster too. Seems to have ironed it out though

[video=youtube;T07cjDcS-9U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T07cjDcS-9U[/video]

Not saying we should condone Balotelli because these things happened with other players, but don't feel that any extra vitriol is necessary for him, compared to other players

They are ****s as well.

fudge me what is it with people trying to condone ****ism??

'Oooh look some other bloke stabbed someone in the face!!!'

AND SO fudging WHAT??

It's the preening celebrations and general ****ish behaviour I hate.

As I said, double smashed legs would do nicely for me......career ended...McDonalds job here we come.

Lovely jubbly.

Balotelli is a phenomenal talent, and people forget he's only 21.

He's clearly had a troubled upbringing.

As much as I want to hate him after the Parker incident, I can't. The guy was class yesterday, and made some good comments about racism etc earlier in the tournament.

I think he's gonna be some player, if club managers can manage him correctly

i think there in lies the problem, people in sport are given passes due to their skill sets and as such aren't judged like regular people. convicted killers, rapists and bullies seem to be able to assimilate back into society without the deserved public backlash for their actions

balotelli i have no doubt in my mind has had a checkered upbringing but the strong opinion of the matter is that he is an arsehole.

btw when i said i was in leeds' corner i didnt think we were praying for career ending injury. I would like to leave that corner now if its still possible?

taco balotelli is, hoping for career ending injury i am not

i think there in lies the problem, people in sport are given passes due to their skill sets and as such aren't judged like regular people. convicted killers, rapists and bullies seem to be able to assimilate back into society without the deserved public backlash for their actions

balotelli i have no doubt in my mind has had a checkered upbringing but the strong opinion of the matter is that he is an arsehole.

You're judging him to harshly imo...wayyyy to harshly.

The kid...that's what he is btw.....is aware that his real parents pretty much disowned him and he had to do his growing up in a country (that's not known for their tolerance in other cultures lets just say.) He acts odd and immature for sure but what has he done outside football that's soooooo dreadful? cheat on his bird? write of his motor?

The kid...that's what he is btw.....is aware that his real parents pretty much disowned him and he had to do his growing up in a country (that's not known for their tolerance in other cultures lets just say.) He acts odd and immature for sure but what has he done outside football that's soooooo dreadful? cheat on his bird? write of his motor?

He's done nothing outside of football that I wouldn't at his age with his money (AFAIK).

He loses his rag on the pitch and can be dangerous, but so could everyone's favourite nice guy Gazza.

btw when i said i was in leeds' corner i didnt think we were praying for career ending injury. I would like to leave that corner now if its still possible?

taco balotelli is, hoping for career ending injury i am not

Join the irrational hatred group mate, it's good over here!!! :)

the question you have to ask yourself is how many people would you give a pass to if they had that as an excuse?

you just have to google to see the infringements

throwing darts at younger players. indicating bullying
yes , cheating on your woman should be considered a dingdong head thing (though i am sure he is in large company)
car crashes , speeding,
threatening behaviour
violence
association with mobsters
cant put on a damn training BIB!!!! (thats just criminal right there. prison sentence for an adult)
disrespectful and uncontrollable to coaches
disrespectful to fans (wore an AC jersey while playing for Inter. Surely the epitomy of disrespect? Ghaly never recovered when he just dropped a jersey infront of Jol and the fans wont let him off for that one.)
looking at the reactions to refs and other players for run of the mill stuff,
the offenses committed against other players (punished AND unpunished)

just google..its all there.

his talent doesnt mean anything to me, i can sympathize (though not understand or appreciate) the hell he must have gone through growing up. but to excuse him for his acts based on tat and lets be honest based primarily on his footballing ability......no way

edit:- that car write off wasn't an isolated thing, he crashed into someone else if i'm right?

Last edited:
He's done nothing outside of football that I wouldn't at his age with his money (AFAIK).

He loses his rag on the pitch and can be dangerous, but so could everyone's favourite nice guy Gazza.

i'm glad you added money to that. cause thats part and parcel of the problem. people like you and KD treat him like because of his situation its kind of "okay" or "understandable" or "expected" etc etc. now think of a life time of that the second people know you can ball, and multipl the given excuses and cover ups by 1000, its no wonder these players grow up with no social skills and a lack of appreciation of the value of things and people

the question you have to ask yourself is how many people would you give a pass to if they had that as an excuse?

you just have to google to see the infringements

throwing darts at younger players. indicating bullying
yes , cheating on your woman should be considered a dingdong head thing (though i am sure he is in large company)
car crashes , speeding,
threatening behaviour
violence
association with mobsters
cant put on a damn training BIB!!!! (thats just criminal right there. prison sentence for an adult)
disrespectful and uncontrollable to coaches
disrespectful to fans (wore an AC jersey while playing for Inter. Surely the epitomy of disrespect? Ghaly never recovered when he just dropped a jersey infront of Jol and the fans wont let him off for that one.)
looking at the reactions to refs and other players for run of the mill stuff,
the offenses committed against other players (punished AND unpunished)

just google..its all there.

his talent doesnt mean anything to me, i can sympathize (though not understand or appreciate) the hell he must have gone through growing up. but to excuse him for his acts based on tat and lets be honest based primarily on his footballing ability......no way

throwing darts is pretty knobish but it's more immature then anything.

Cheating on a girl you're seeing? yep knobish but i can't talk about that being that i've done it before.

speeding? nah not knobish. Immature, reckless but not knobish imo

threatening behaviour to who?

violence is knobish...what are you referring too?

association with mobsters? don't know about that. Tbh who doesn't know someone that's a bit dodgy? i know a few but as long as they don't bring me into their dodgy actions i'm good.

The rest are football related.

i'm glad you added money to that. cause thats part and parcel of the problem. people like you and KD treat him like because of his situation its kind of "okay" or "understandable" or "expected" etc etc. now think of a life time of that the second people know you can ball, and multipl the given excuses and cover ups by 1000, its no wonder these players grow up with no social skills and a lack of appreciation of the value of things and people

I don't think he's in a special situation though, he's pretty much the same person I was and most people I know would have been with my levels of self-confidence (some may have called it arrogance).

The money makes what he does more high profile, and more readily available but he's just the same as most young lads. He's crashing supercars instead of his mum's Metro, he's cheating with supermodels instead of the girls from the local 6th form, he gets into fights that he shouldn't but his show up in the press, and he's disrespected everyone that isn't important to him. That's just being a very confident testosterone-fuelled boy.

Back