• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
I was really impressed with Italy in the semi final. They convincingly beat Germany. IMO, Italy have been the best team in the tournament. They have been really consistent without being outstanding. The fact they scored first in all their matches shows their quality. Their main problem is they are wasting too many chances. I think people would have given them more respect if they had make use of atleast half of the chances they created so far. Against Germany, Balotelli was really clinical and took his goals really well. But they still wasted many golden chances in the second half. If Balotelli brings this form to the Final, Spain will find it hard to beat Italy.

As for Germany, they should consider changing their name back to West Germany. Since becoming Germany, they have lost all the lucky charms to win major tournaments. They did win Euro1996 using the old lucky charm but since then has become the also-rans of world football.

Last edited:
Love the fella, so what if he can be a ****, not any different than half the players in the PL.

JT cheated on his wife with his teamates bird. Rooney caught cheating with hookers numerous times. Ferdinand known to have cheated on his wife with a string of birds. Giggs cheated on his wife with his brothers bird while acting the squeeky clean footballer. Defoe... where to start.

People always tend to dislike a winner. One thing is for sure, he is better than any other striker we have at the club for the past 5 years.

Love the fella, so what if he can be a ****, not any different than half the players in the PL.

JT cheated on his wife with his teamates bird. Rooney caught cheating with hookers numerous times. Ferdinand known to have cheated on his wife with a string of birds. Giggs cheated on his wife with his brothers bird while acting the squeeky clean footballer. Defoe... where to start.

People always tend to dislike a winner. One thing is for sure, he is better than any other striker we have at the club for the past 5 years.

that has nothing to do with

for instance i dont dislike any barca player, i dont dislike ronaldo, i dont dislike seedorf, i dont dislike kaka....the list stretches out to infinity

i think balotelli is an idiot and i think terry is an idiot as well. nothing to do with them being winners. you find it easy to call someone a black ****, you cheat on your women with your best mates long term girl and the string of other offense? you is a fool

I think Spain will have the psychological advantage against Italy in the Final. After winning Euro2008 and WC2010, there is no pressure on Spain to win this. Most of their players have tasted success in WC2010. So they won't be desperate to win this Final. In contrast, it has been 44 years since Italy won Euro1968. And after the way they disappointingly lost Euro2000 Final through golden goal, Italy will be desperate to win this. So, all the pressure will be on Italy.
I still haven't forgive Italy for losing to France in Euro2000 Final the way they did. They were just 20seconds from winning but got complacent and celebrated too early. Hope they have learned a lesson or two from that.

I think Italy's chance of winning will depend largely on how Pirlo and Balotelli play. If both have a good game, then Italy will have a great chance. It is crucial for Italy to have Balotelli as clinical in front of goal as he was against Germany. They can't afford to be wastefull in front of goal like they did against England. Talking about Balotelli, there is one interesting coincidence. He helped ManCity win the PL after 44 years. Can he help Italy win Euro after 44 years ? If he does, then maybe he brings lucky charms to his teams !

Last edited:
Rubbish - winning breed a winning mentality. Ex-Pros constantly state that once you get a taste for it you want it more and mroe "Wont be desperate to win this final"!? :ross:

As well as that they are favourites and will want to complete an unprecedented (I believe) hatrick of consequtive trophies.

If anything Italy are the underdogs and can play with more freedom/less pressure

That said both sides will certainly be DESPERATE to win the game

I like Italy, they have a certain swagger in their play, they'll be desperate to beat the Spanish. Hope that ex gooner scumbag misses in the final (fibre arse), or scores an own goal - wipe that smile from his scummy face.

It is funny to think Balotelli has been Premier League's best player in Euro2012. Going into the Final, he is joint top scorer with Ronaldo, Gomez, Mandzukic and Dzagoev with 3 goals each. It will be a great achievement for him if he scores in the Final and end up as outright top scorer.

Also, find it surprising to learn that Gerrard has 3 assists, the same as Arshavin, Silva and Ozil. Maybe, not all English players flopped in Euro2012.

Just hope this Final won't go to extra time or penalties. With the way Spain has been playing in this tournament, they will make everyone fall asleep the longer the match drags. I think it will be good for neutrals if Italy scores first. If Spain scores first, they will go into their defensive shell even more.

I like how Spain are already 'the team of the century'..

Kind of a brick title, seeing as this century has only been going for twelve years...

Back