• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
Hate predicting future teams, someone ALWAYS comes along. I mean for our Euro 2012 team no one would have picked Oxlade-Chamberlain, lets be real.. Wouldn't suprise me if that new Man Utd lad makes the squad.

I forgot to add Cleverly, think he'd work well in a pass and move team. Him and Wheelchair in the middle, if Carrick doesn't want to play, Rodwell behind them.

Funny how '?20m-rated' (why is it that everyone at bricky Everton is given this stupid valuation??) Jack Rodwell has disappeared completely off the fudging radar, quicker than a Turk flying over Syria.

England are so toss as their public rate seriously average footballers as world-beaters. The likes of Rodwell wouldn't even graduate in the German or Spanish youth system; he'd be ejected for being crap, yet...he's considered a fudging wonderkid in England. That says it all! :lol:

That's an incredibly poor Italy team out there; the worst - by some distance - for generations, and yet that's still enough to be streets ahead of woeful little England :ross: Outplayed and outpassed - well and truly beaten by the better team.

England won't ever win fudge all until they learn to move away from neanderthal 'tactics' and producing down right rubbish footballers. Take your head out of your arrogant arses and learn from Brazil, Spain or Germany; they do it properly, whereas you lot haven't got a fudging clue.

Another thing: for all of Richard Scudamore tossing himself off over the 'product' of the Premier League and how wonderfully amazing it is: what exactly has been the benefit to the fortunes of the English National Team? Perhaps I'm being simplistic, but it looks like England are producing very brick, very average, very overpaid footballers.

England in fact seems to be the only league which talks itself up as being amazing, yet its national team is a national embarrassment. Italy, Germany, Spain - all have very strong pedigree; England? Oh, errr 1966 :ross: The most hilarious idea, is that - wait for it - there's a "premium" for English footballers; errr, WHY!? There should be a fudging discount, never mind a premium!

Another thing: for all of Richard Scudamore tossing himself off over the 'product' of the Premier League and how wonderfully amazing it is: what exactly has been the benefit to the fortunes of the English National Team? Perhaps I'm being simplistic, but it looks like England are producing very brick, very average, very overpaid footballers.

England in fact seems to be the only league which talks itself up as being amazing, yet its national team is a national embarrassment. Italy, Germany, Spain - all have very strong pedigree; England? Oh, errr 1966 :ross: The most hilarious idea, is that - wait for it - there's a "premium" for English footballers; errr, WHY!? There should be a fudging discount, never mind a premium!

Look at Germany, four of the back five play for Bayern.

Same with Spain, most of the team play for either Barca or Madrid. They are so familiar with each other.

Our league is one of the best in the world (personally I think La Liga has overtaken us but thats another story), mainly because of the foreign players, but it's not condusive to producing a good national side.

Tis true

A good tournament for Lennon to miss

Not sure he would have made much difference had he been picked, but I can't imagine that Euro 2012 did much harm to Lennon's England's prospects.

Walcott had a couple of good moments but was largely anonymous; Oxo-Chamberpot does not look ready yet; Milner is a hod-carrier who is mainly good for the heavy lifting and Ashley Young ...

I think these stats are interesting

England
36% possession
320 completed passes
9 shots on goal
4 shots on target

Italy
64% possession
815 completed passes
35 shots on goal
20 shots on target

At least Harry would've taken Lennon

Milner is fudging brick

What the fudge has happened to Young?

I just think the tactics were a bit wrong. we played 442 which is great but Woy obviously kept them all on a leash and kept the shackles on.

Its pretty blatantly obvious that the only time we actually played fairly well was when we were 2-1 down against Sweden. Woy sits back until we are 1-0 down then loosens the shackles. Safety first with him. I fudgein hate safety first bull brick.

Not sure he would have made much difference had he been picked, but I can't imagine that Euro 2012 did much harm to Lennon's England's prospects.

Walcott had a couple of good moments but was largely anonymous; Oxo-Chamberpot does not look ready yet; Milner is a hod-carrier who is mainly good for the heavy lifting and Ashley Young ...

Lennon fit and rested for the new season, works for me

Last edited:
It does make me laugh how nobody ever fancies the Italians at the start of a tournament to get to the latter stages. They are historically one of the two or three best sides in the world when it comes to tournament football. Nobody picked them in 2006.

It does make me laugh how nobody ever fancies the Italians at the start of a tournament to get to the latter stages. They are historically one of the two or three best sides in the world when it comes to tournament football. Nobody picked them in 2006.

And one thing 2006 and this tournament have in common is that Italian football both then and now were rocked by a match fixing scandal. Personally my money is still on Spain

The Bundesliga is there to support the national team. Not the same in this country.

Back