• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

it should be welbeck though. could be sturridge.

I thought Townsend would come off with Milner coming on to stabilise the side. Sturridge and Rooney would have continued as the goal threat with width coming down the left flank from Baines and the roaming Welbeck.

Good result tonight. Think we were lucky with the Lewandoski chance. Hart flapped but got lucky to get some contact on the ball and then lucky that the shot didn't deflect in.

Still Brazil, here we come!!

Amazing how differently people see the game. Thought Carrick was superb in a calm and subtle sort of way. More passes than anyone else, more accurate passing than anyone else, and constantly threaded the needle to the feet of our more attacking players.

I agree. I thought he was superb, kept offering himself for taking possession, kept finding his own players with good balls to feet. For me it should be one of Carrick/Wheelchair and one of Gerrard/Lampard for those positions.

and yet ITV still manage to get a reference to ****ing Walcott in, they are so up his **** its unreal...

Why only mention him, what about all the other injured or suspended players

Can't wait to see belgium at the world cup, think they'll cause a shock, can see them perhaps knocking out Brazil.

I think Roy did a good thing leaving Andros on. Must have done great for his confidence. He was tired and should have been subbed a little earlier.
Nice ovation from the crowd whereas if he had gone earlier maybe that would not have happened.

Jeez I remember when Belgium was 66/1 a few months ago, they do look quality, maybe a better shot for the Euro's in 2016

Crazy isnt it!

I dont think Belgium will win, I think they'd happily take quarters considering it's over 12 years since they were last at a World Cup but they are a young squad and the experience would be great for them.

There's quite a nice blend in this England time, for the first time in living memory. The World Cup seems to be arriving at a good to for us to hopefully get the maximum oyt of this set of players.

The likes of Lampard, Gerrard and Carrick in the crucial areas approaching the twighlight of their careers, whilst you have the youthful confidence/arrogance of the likes of Sturridge and Townsend.

I hope all of Walcott, Lennon, Townsend and Chamberlain go to the World Cup. Maybe a few more will emerge. I just don't want to see a midfield anything like what we had to suffer in the last Euro's again.

I don't think anyone will complain if we go out to a better team whilst giving it a bloody good go. With the pressure off and the expectations down we could be a reasonable dark horse for a semi sensible position in the Brazil. Who knows.

What is for certain is that we need to approach it with the same positive enthusiasm we have the past couple of games; not the negative dross previously on display.

There's quite a nice blend in this England time, for the first time in living memory. The World Cup seems to be arriving at a good to for us to hopefully get the maximum oyt of this set of players.

The likes of Lampard, Gerrard and Carrick in the crucial areas approaching the twighlight of their careers, whilst you have the youthful confidence/arrogance of the likes of Sturridge and Townsend.

I hope all of Walcott, Lennon, Townsend and Chamberlain go to the World Cup. Maybe a few more will emerge. I just don't want to see a midfield anything like what we had to suffer in the last Euro's again.

I don't think anyone will complain if we go out to a better team whilst giving it a bloody good go. With the pressure off and the expectations down we could be a reasonable dark horse for a semi sensible position in the Brazil. Who knows.

What is for certain is that we need to approach it with the same positive enthusiasm we have the past couple of games; not the negative dross previously on display.

Agreed.

I love the confidence of the likes of Sturridge and Townsend, they believe in their own abilities. It's the mentality you have to have to move on to that next level. You then have the likes of Barkley who is ****y but has the talent to back it up. I just hope the likes of Ward-Prowse, Hughes etc can shine over the next few years ready for Euro 2016 as those are the type of midfielders I admire and we would need to get to that next step.

Although giving Hodgson credit? hes played San Marino, Moldova, Ukraine, Poland and Montenegro and won the group by 1 point.

Back