• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

Well let's give Roy Hodgson a lot of credit here...faced with the sort of pressure and criticism that has crushed others, he has responded by making two attacking selections, blooding Andros and making very good substitutions (did everything he could tonight to get Gerrard further forward)...he has certainly made ME happy to watch the national side, VERY exciting these days...well done that man.

The right man for the job.

I see where you're coming from but I agree with Jesus, he's a good option if you need a goal but him and Gerrard don't work together.

Well in the end it worked out.

I think at THAT stage of the game he needed belief and experience in that area alongside Gerrard, as Carrick was shrinking by the minute and increasingly becoming a liability for me.

Well let's give Roy Hodgson a lot of credit here...faced with the sort of pressure and criticism that has crushed others, he has responded by making two attacking selections, blooding Andros and making very good substitutions (did everything he could tonight to get Gerrard further forward)...he has certainly made ME happy to watch the national side, VERY exciting these days...well done that man.

=D>

Agreed.

Good post. Can't ask for much more considering the state of the national side at the moment. If we get to the quarter finals of the World Cup it will be a result. Hope he has the ******** to play Carrick in Brazil and not Lampard. Much more attacking the last two games. Arry might have to cancel his appearance of Jonathan Ross on Saturday, no need for a new messiah.

I think at THAT stage of the game he needed belief and experience in that area alongside Gerrard, as Carrick was shrinking by the minute and increasingly becoming a liability for me.

Do you really think Lampard gave us that when he came on? I would rather of had Wheelchair if he wasnt going to leave Carrick on..

So you think he brought him on to do a like for like job rather than to get another coal as a cushion?

I'd love to see Smalling and Azza on that flank - we all know that Azza works better with a defensive player behind him.

That said - Andros... man oh man :D

Mind-set and attitude...plus he will sit and Gerrard will push on when he can. Carrick was unable to affect the game in any way, seemed too timid out there. You want experience right now, plus FF's pounds mean he cannot charge about thus sitting by default!

Amazing how differently people see the game. Thought Carrick was superb in a calm and subtle sort of way. More passes than anyone else, more accurate passing than anyone else, and constantly threaded the needle to the feet of our more attacking players.

Back