• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

Just an article in a Belgian Sports magazine I imagine, main title translates to "our devils" - so I imagine they were just highly rated for their age. Amazing that the majority of those have lived up to the expectations.

I see Hazard there would have been 12.. considering he's the same age as Townsend, I doubt Andros would have been there at age 12 in an English one. I mean in school he wasnt even rated.

Hire the journo as a scout ;)

BWd1vmJIAAESZmK.jpg:large

Crazy.

I wonder what an Englands 'one to look out for' in 2002 would have looked like.

That is potentially one of the best football articles of all time.

Because you have not posted a link it is worthless. Completely worthless.

Utterly worthless.

Without worth.

Just an article in a Belgian Sports magazine I imagine, main title translates to "our devils" - so I imagine they were just highly rated for their age. Amazing that the majority of those have lived up to the expectations.

I see Hazard there would have been 12.. considering he's the same age as Townsend, I doubt Andros would have been there at age 12 in an English one. I mean in school he wasnt even rated.

How come they put Dembele and Vertonghen's name together ? They already knew way back in 2002 that both are going to play together at Spurs now ? Are they time travellers or what ?:lol:

But then Belgium didn't produce many talented players back then. So, I guess it was easier for them to pinpoint the few future talents they had. It is amazing how far they have come since then. Now they have a squad good enough to win the World Cup ! I think they only need the mental strength and luck to win the WC next year.

Football-mad Mexico fans must be annoyed with how far their national team have fallen behind in recent years. Some time ago, Mexico were the only real football nation in North America and had no problem qualifying for World Cup regularly. Now they are in danger of missing out from the WC. Even minor teams like Costa Rica and Honduras have stronger teams now. I think Mexico have only themselves to blame. They don't know how to take care of their best players. They should make sure their best talents get regular football at club level. Instead their best player Hernandez is a bit-part player at ManU. As a result, Hernandez can't produce his best football for Mexico. He has only scored 2 goals in the WC qualifiers and even missed a penalty in their crucial match against Panama recently. The Mexico FA should have asked Hernandez to look for regular football elsewhere. It looks like Mexico will have to go through the play-off against New Zealand to qualify now. The WC will badly miss the passionate and entertaining football pedigree of Mexico if they miss out.

FA getting flack over the fact they have sold 20,000 tickets to Polish fans for Tuesday. I don't think they are the ones to blame though. If you don't sell them en masse then these fans will get tickets anyway and you have no segregation.

The problem is that demand for tickets amongst England supporters isn't actually that great because the national team are so uninspiring. So they have to put tickets on general sale. That, and the fact there stadium is too big!

We had a similar situation a few years ago and got away with it. Anyone go to that match?

FA getting flack over the fact they have sold 20,000 tickets to Polish fans for Tuesday. I don't think they are the ones to blame though. If you don't sell them en masse then these fans will get tickets anyway and you have no segregation.

The problem is that demand for tickets amongst England supporters isn't actually that great because the national team are so uninspiring. So they have to put tickets on general sale. That, and the fact there stadium is too big!

We had a similar situation a few years ago and got away with it. Anyone go to that match?

Yeh it was a nightmare, flares going off, loads of Poles everywhere, police and stewards not being able to control things, magic

Yeh it was a nightmare, flares going off, loads of Poles everywhere, police and stewards not being able to control things, magic

Was that Wisla Krakow? I went to that game on my own and ended up in the East Stand surrounded by very intimidating Poles. Not my favourite match experience.

Football-mad Mexico fans must be annoyed with how far their national team have fallen behind in recent years. Some time ago, Mexico were the only real football nation in North America and had no problem qualifying for World Cup regularly. Now they are in danger of missing out from the WC. Even minor teams like Costa Rica and Honduras have stronger teams now. I think Mexico have only themselves to blame. They don't know how to take care of their best players. They should make sure their best talents get regular football at club level. Instead their best player Hernandez is a bit-part player at ManU. As a result, Hernandez can't produce his best football for Mexico. He has only scored 2 goals in the WC qualifiers and even missed a penalty in their crucial match against Panama recently. The Mexico FA should have asked Hernandez to look for regular football elsewhere. It looks like Mexico will have to go through the play-off against New Zealand to qualify now. The WC will badly miss the passionate and entertaining football pedigree of Mexico if they miss out.

It bugs me that some teams can get a second chance through these plays offs but i guess it can't be helped.. Uruguay are also in danger of not qualifying BUT they would just then have to face Jordan in a play-off.. seems a strange way of doing things

It bugs me that some teams can get a second chance through these plays offs but i guess it can't be helped.. Uruguay are also in danger of not qualifying BUT they would just then have to face Jordan in a play-off.. seems a strange way of doing things

The problem isn't the play-offs but the fact that 32 teams qualify for the Finals.

The World Cup was a much better competition when it was limited to just 16 teams - every match was crucial and there was no opening two-week period as there is now when games were just padding before the real competition started.

i love the group stage, 2 weeks of 2 games every day, mostly teams you don't usually see much of

It used to be fun when these teams had lots of players you barely knew anything about and didn't all play 4-5-1 because they were terrified of losing.

i love the group stage, 2 weeks of 2 games every day, mostly teams you don't usually see much of

Same here. I enjoy the group stages more than the knockout ones as long as there are goals scored in every match. Knockout stages are always too tense to enjoy it much. And once your favourite teams are knocked out, it becomes even less enjoyable. You can really sit back and enjoy the group stages more, fully satisfied with the knowledge the entire world stops to watch football with you. I think World Cup is more like a world carnival than a competition to find out the world champions.

You have to blame Europe more than others for these play-off matches. Atleast other continents only get to play 1 play-off match but Europe gets to play 4 ! I think Europe's qualifying format is so wrong as they include all the minor teams in the group stages unlike Asia and Concacaf. Europe should follow Asia and Concacaf by forcing the minor teams like San Marino, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Cyprus and Andorra to play each other in a group format with only the winner progressing to the final group matches.

Is it just me, or does the date in the top-right corner say 2013?

Yeah it does. Just looked around the web and seems it was published last weekend, taking at look at what Belgiums current players did when young - so not quite the foresight it seemed :)

Back