• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

Arsenal also count season ticket holders even if they don't attend the game, there's no way they got 60,000 every home game last season. My uncle is a goon ST holder and he reckons there were probably around 50,000 at times.

It has become the fashionable thing to do. United first did it, and now every big team does it. Attendance is the wrong term, as clubs clearly only count tickets sold. Our attendance in European games is nothing better than poor, but in league games it is always close to being full.

Lukaku is becoming the best striker in the World. I'd certainly be tempted to pick him ahead of any other striker, given a choice.

His age, and his ability at that age, would be the deciding factors.

Combined European Qualification Table arranged by average points won per game...

P0350_zpsc2f92787.png

Gareth Bale 'suffering secret injury'October 12, 2013
By ESPN staff

Real Madrid discovered Gareth Bale had been suffering from a slipped disc immediately after signing the player in a world-record deal, according to Marca.

Bale was unveiled on Sept. 2 after completing his long-awaited transfer from Tottenham Hotspur, and the newspaper claims an MRI scan on that date showed “a slipped disc on the L5 -S1 vertebrae and a bulge on the L4 -L5”.

The report says Bale had told the club he had been unaware of the problem and was in no pain. It adds that it will not prevent him playing but could lead to “a very serious problem with the Welsh player at any moment”, with surgery a distinct possibility.

Marca said the scan “set alarm bells ringing at the Sanitas clinic in La Moraleja” but added: “There was no going back on the signing. The deal was done and [club president] Florentino Perez, who was now up to speed on Bale's secret, did not object.”

The Wales international’s fitness had already been cause for concern as he had missed the majority of preseason due to a combination of injuries and his protracted transfer to Madrid, and he is currently undergoing a “mini preseason” in a bid to get him up to speed.

--------------------------------

Real Madrid fans are going to get mad if Bale is out for long. Arsenal seems to be the only one benefitting from Bale's transfer so far.

Combined European Qualification Table arranged by average points won per game...

P0350_zpsc2f92787.png

The chances of San Marino doing us a favour seem quite slim.

It's distressing to look at England's record, only four goals conceded but eight points dropped.

P.S. I think the England goals for number is wrong.

Real Madrid fans are going to get mad if Bale is out for long. Arsenal seems to be the only one benefitting from Bale's transfer so far.

Disagree. Despite the doom and gloom caused by the West Ham result, I still think we're a stronger side this season than last. And the fee we received for him is at least partly responsible for that (in my view), and will also allow us to strengthen further in January. So, seems to me we've benefited too, though Arsenal really did well to pick up Ozil - no question about that.

One thing we can all agree on though, Real Madrid may have spectacularly shot themselves in the foot... losing Ozil and gaining the Bale of last season would probably be an upgrade (though hardly a massive one). But that doesn't seem to have happened. I'd be very surprised if Bale hits top form this side of Christmas - the summer media circus followed by this stuttering start is bound to be messing with his head, and the knowledge that his back could go any minute is going to play on his mind in training and on the pitch. Bad news for Bale. And bad news for Real Madrid.

Barnet v Wrexham
Ethiopia v Nigeria
Coventry City v Sheffield United
Raith Rovers v Annan Athletic
Tunisia v Cameroon
Atletico Mineiro v Cruzeiro

Decisions, decisions...

:(

Went along to the Barnet v Wrexham game, reasonably entertaining but sad to see an ex Spurs hero of mine (Edgar Davids), elbow one of the Wrexham players. Both were sent off and another Wrexham player went shortly after for a shocking tackle. Finished 1-1

shocking end for a player who was a great in his prime. I remember when he went to barcelona halfway through a season and he improved them so much it was unreal.

Disagree. Despite the doom and gloom caused by the West Ham result, I still think we're a stronger side this season than last. And the fee we received for him is at least partly responsible for that (in my view), and will also allow us to strengthen further in January. So, seems to me we've benefited too, though Arsenal really did well to pick up Ozil - no question about that.

One thing we can all agree on though, Real Madrid may have spectacularly shot themselves in the foot... losing Ozil and gaining the Bale of last season would probably be an upgrade (though hardly a massive one). But that doesn't seem to have happened. I'd be very surprised if Bale hits top form this side of Christmas - the summer media circus followed by this stuttering start is bound to be messing with his head, and the knowledge that his back could go any minute is going to play on his mind in training and on the pitch. Bad news for Bale. And bad news for Real Madrid.

Not saying Ozil isn't a very good player, but they've hardly missed him to be fair. Isco (Ozil's replacement) has already scored 5 goals. Madrid got off to a slow start last season too, but I also think Atletico Madrid have closed the gap between the top 2. Even after losing Falcao they have won every league game including a win at the Bernabeu, Simeone sure is doing a fantastic job there.

Backstory on that one Mumorn?

Was that article really written 11 years ago? That is astonishing if so. How did they pick up the names to include? Some youth international squad, or?

Just an article in a Belgian Sports magazine I imagine, main title translates to "our devils" - so I imagine they were just highly rated for their age. Amazing that the majority of those have lived up to the expectations.

I see Hazard there would have been 12.. considering he's the same age as Townsend, I doubt Andros would have been there at age 12 in an English one. I mean in school he wasnt even rated.

Back