• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

With that twunt Halsey in the commentator box they really are killing this referee, and to a certain extent is killing this as a watch. Every single decision the ref makes is being critiqued. What the **** is that about. What this Halsey critique shows more than anything is that there will never ever be a common ground in what refs do.

I think the commentator himself is really good, remember him from the BBC doing NFL MNF but he was a studio bod then. In fact I would say actually he has been excellent actually. BT sport needs to do away with Halsey and let this commentator shine.

They can bin Owen too. Dont know whether its just me, but listening to his voice is just mind-numbing

He could be useful as a pundit to explain how the referees think, the laws of the game and that sort of thing, but it's all about creating controversy these days.

that's the key issue.

sooooooooooo many commentators and pundits don't seem to know the laws and get it all wrong when discussing decisions; from handball and 'there was contact so he has a right to go down', to fouls on the keeper and the 'last man' phenomenon.

broadcasters would do well to send their commentators and pundits on a course to learn the laws. it would then put them in an informed position to make comment.

Why? In fact, how does any team deserve to be in the CL?

The only ones that truly DESERVE it are those that have won the league in their country, something Liverpool haven't done for some time and won't be doing in the immediate future either.

Who's supposed to play defense for Pool?? Especially down the right? I don't get it

They've changed to playing 3 at the back. Henderson to cover the right side defensively perhaps?

edit: Their fans seem to think it's something like this, Sterling playing with the defenders in the 5 vs 5 warm up game:

------------ Migs --
---- Kolo -- Skrt -- Sakho
Sterling --------------- Enrique
------ Hendo -- Gerrard
------------Moses
----- Sturridge - Suarez

They've changed to playing 3 at the back. Henderson to cover the right side defensively perhaps?

edit: Their fans seem to think it's something like this, Sterling playing with the defenders in the 5 vs 5 warm up game:

------------ Migs --
---- Kolo -- Skrt -- Sakho
Sterling --------------- Enrique
------ Hendo -- Gerrard
------------Moses
----- Sturridge - Suarez

With a decent right wing back that's ther best formation IMO

I think 3-5-2 is an under rated system and would have suited England numerous times if the players had the intelligence to play it

At club level its mish easier to implement and suits th Liverpool squad although sterling should be a weak link today

With a decent right wing back that's ther best formation IMO

I think 3-5-2 is an under rated system and would have suited England numerous times if the players had the intelligence to play it

At club level its mish easier to implement and suits th Liverpool squad although sterling should be a weak link today

Three central defenders against lone strikers is a bit of a waste for me. Given how far up the pitch we deploy Walker and Rose it's almost a 2-5-3 for us.

Palace creating chances. Chamack still rubbish.

Still looks an open game. Can't see palace trading blows with pool. But they've had the better opening chances to score...

Another excellent performance by Negredo today, playing like the £20m+ striker we expected Dzeko to be. After the last two performances, thoroughly out-playing that horrible team will hopefully kick-start our season.

Mind you, I said that exact sentence after battering United.

Palace look to me the worst promoted team in years. I cannot believe anyone will finish below them.

Im not watching any of th efootball but it seems that others are scoring freely and we have struggled - six goals so far is not good enough. We arent conceding but goals are important

Do people remember the responses regarding the possible signing of Remy in the summer? "Oh we're going to end up with Remy" etc etc. That guy is class and we would have been lucky to "end up with him".

I'm not for knee-jerk sackings but Holloway should be sacked for his comments yesterday. The most outrageous comments I've heard from a manager in a long time.

Back