• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
I honestly believe Cisse tried to do exactly that. I mean what else could he be trying to do? Fantastic strike, goal of the season for me.

I honestly believe Cisse tried to do exactly that. I mean what else could he be trying to do? Fantastic strike, goal of the season for me.

He definately meant it.

I've scored a goal like that before (bare with me now), it was in a works game so nowhere near the same pressure on the ball or anything like that, but it was almost identical, now I'm no great player, but I 100% meant to do it. My point being that if I could visualise and score a goal like that then a Premiership striker would definately be able to.

Shinned it.

He was aiming for the top-left corner - you can see it from the way he's looking, the way his whole body's lined up, etc. First goal was excellent though.

In fact, if you watch carefully, you can see him strolling into the middle because he thinks it's skewed way wide.

It's only when it goes in that he suddenly realises he may have scored a wondergoal.

Shinned it.

He was aiming for the top-left corner - you can see it from the way he's looking, the way his whole body's lined up, etc. First goal was excellent though.

This - he wanted to lob Chech with a straight volley but shinned it, the ball swerved away and ended up in the far corner

Thankyou but I wouldn't say I'm a pro!;)

I think the slicing across the ball was completely intended in order to arc away from the keeper and in to the far corner.

I just can't see why he would do that.

Why would you curl a ball in a manner that takes it closer to the keeper? As an example, Walker's free kick is how you would naturally want to bend a ball - so that even if the keeper can cover the whole goal, the ball is further away until it gets to the line. As I've said above, the player doesn't even think it's near going in when he hits it.

Why would you curl a ball in a manner that takes it closer to the keeper? As an example, Walker's free kick is how you would naturally want to bend a ball - so that even if the keeper can cover the whole goal, the ball is further away until it gets to the line. As I've said above, the player doesn't even think it's near going in when he hits it.

Because his body position means it would be impossible for him to curl it in the other direction (from out to in rather than in to out) without taking a touch to get the correct side of the ball.

Just saw it a few more times from the vid at the top of the page, looks like his foot to me, if he's shinned it then it would be a lot slower shot.

Agree with Scara here. No player would ever purposefully attempt to bend the ball AWAY from the goal into the far side net of the goal. 99.9999999999% of the time it would just sail off the other side of the pitch.

Back