• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Inbetween Transfer Windows Rumour Thread

With Bale going to Barca in the summer (or was it Real, I forget), we could do with another winger. 8-[

After we spent about 5 years trying to sign a replacement for Berbatov, you want to get rid of him? We need a second Ade, not one less in exchange for a Bale understudy!

I'd suggest to you we are still waiting.

I'm preparing for the inevitable.

Sign left sided player before Bale sale.. may pay our side of 20m.. sign him after we sell Bale.. FULL PRICE.

How about signing three players? It could be done.

Because we don't have £55m to spend.

I'd suggest to you we are still waiting.

I'm preparing for the inevitable.

Sign left sided player before Bale sale.. may pay our side of 20m.. sign him after we sell Bale.. FULL PRICE.

Agree than signing Willian will be a good indication that Bale will be off next summer.

I think Ade's a great player though.

I think the point is we could buy 3 very effective players for £15 mill as opposed to one "star" for £15 mill?

Interesting thought about Bale but I think Gareth will be at Spurs next season.

If we further shuffle a couple of players in order to get in who we want, then I can see us buying three players. Dawson for good money and a couple others...don't be surprised...and we have more money than you think. We didn't actually spend very much this summer.

Nope, we haven't for several transfer windows but I think that's because of higher wages, bonuses, cost of moving Redknapp on etc

I can also imagine that the team were paid bonuses for finishing top 4 last season on the assumption that finishing 4th would ensure we at least played the CL Qualifier. When that didn't happen, we spent out more than we will recoup this year.

I do think, however, that should a top player become available, for the right fee and wages, that we would sign him.

Agree than signing Willian will be a good indication that Bale will be off next summer.

I think Ade's a great player though.

signing Willian doesnt mean Bale is off. They can play in the same team

If we further shuffle a couple of players in order to get in who we want, then I can see us buying three players. Dawson for good money and a couple others...don't be surprised...and we have more money than you think. We didn't actually spend very much this summer.

Tbh I think we've cashed in on most of our squad players now - Bentley, Jenas and Gomes are our only genuine deadwood that is left, but we'd probably not even get £10m for all three combined.

Any predictions on who else might be out the door then? For me:

- Dawson - would leave us a bit short at CB (considering Gallas' age). I guess swapping Dawson for a young 4th/5th CB (or Zeki Fryers can play CB as well as LB I think) would generate some decent funds though.

- Huddlestone - partially offsetting the Moutinho or equivalent purchase seems likely I guess.

- Defoe - if we blow £15-20m on Leandro or equivalent, will Levy expect that to be offset by getting £7-8m for a 30 something?

With the c.£20m profit made in the summer then I suppose you are right. It's a lot of big deals and another significant overhaul for a January window though.

Back