• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Inbetween Transfer Windows Rumour Thread

Daily Mail Football @MAILfootball

Arsenal have ordered scouts to check on Atletico Madrid striker Adrian Lopez this Sunday ahead of £15m bid January

The more teams NOT looking at Llorente the better. You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one.

Where would little Wally go if he left Arsenal?

Watching Barcelona this evening and earlier this season it is obvious they do not need David Villa, a cheeky bid maybe?

Shakhtar's Willian would find it hard to choose between Chelsea and Tottenham

Last Updated: October 22, 2012 11:13pm

Willian was reportedly the subject of two failed bids from Chelsea earlier this year, while Tottenham have also been repeatedly linked with the Brazilian.

The 24-year-old would have been allowed to join Chelsea if Shakhtar's demands had been met, but he concedes it would be hard to decide between the Premier League rivals.

"There were two offers in the summer," Willian told Lancenet. "One from Chelsea and one from Tottenham. Choosing between the two clubs would be difficult. I don't know."

Spurs boss Villas-Boas was in charge at Chelsea when they saw a reported £16.7million bid for Willian knocked back in January.

Willian said: "I mean, Tottenham is a big club and it has a good person in charge. Andre Villas-Boas wanted to bring me to Chelsea and also tried at Tottenham.

"He always sends me messages. We are always in touch, and he has become a friend, for sure. And Chelsea is Chelsea. They are a great team, with amazing players and are the champions of Europe."

Willian, who is expected to start Shakhtar's crunch Champions League match against Chelsea on Tuesday, added: "I would love to play for either of those clubs. But my mind remains at Shakhtar, and I'll do my best to get the win against Chelsea.

"Everybody knows what my goal is. I've clearly stated that I would like to play in a bigger stage, whether it be England, Spain or Italy.

"I want to come back to the national team, and being in a bigger spotlight would help me get noticed."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-hard-to-choose-between-Chelsea-and-Tottenham

Andre is sexting Willian?? not worth more than 15 mill imho and id rather we went for Isco

What if Isco doesn't want to come (plus he wouldn't cost anywhere near 15m, imv)

the problem is the Ukranians want 25 mill pounds for Willian. Im not sure they will sell for 15 mill or less and anything more than that is too much for a good player but not yet a fantastic player

Isco is an alternative. who knows if would want to come or not, but we should be knocking at Malaga's door on a regular basis and considering Malaga sold Cazorla for an initial 13 mill to Arsenal, id say we could grab Isco for around 15 mill

Where did you see they want 25m?

Isco is 7 years younger and holds greater potential, imv

Tottenham still on the trail of Willian

Duncan Castles

Tottenham Hotspur have not given up their pursuit of Brazil international Willian and may bid again for the attacking midfielder in the January transfer window.

One of the club's principal targets during a characteristically frantic bout of trading last month, the 24 year old would already be a Tottenham player had it not been for a disagreement over the schedule of payments on a €30 million (Dh138m) transfer.

The National has discovered that Shakhtar Donetsk accepted Tottenham's club-record fee for Willian after an extended period of negotiation in which the Ukrainian champions refused to lower their asking price for a player who had also attracted offers from Chelsea and Benfica.

Daniel Levy, the Tottenham chairman, proposed paying the fee in five instalments, a relatively standard approach for such a high-value transfer. Shakhtar refused, asking for €15m upfront and the balance in December.

Levy then came up with an alternative offer matching the schedule of payments to those due to Tottenham for Luka Modric's €30m plus €8m switch to Real Madrid, but Shakhtar elected to hold onto the player.

Andre Villas-Boas, the Tottenham manager, will assess the development of his new eam in the coming months before making a final decision on whether to request a further formal approach for Willian, who would welcome the opportunity to join a Premier League club.

"I have a proposal, but it is complicated because of the board," said Willian in August. "Here are many players in the same position, most Brazilian. They buy and do not let go. That's the problem. Everyone knows that I want out, I'm here for five years, won many titles, so I hope you respect my will."

Any January approach for Willian would represent a third consecutive attempt by Villas-Boas to sign an individual comfortable behind the centre forward or on the wing. Last winter the Portuguese coach was instrumental in Chelsea's failed attempt to sign him.

Tottenham still on the trail of Willian

Duncan Castles

Tottenham Hotspur have not given up their pursuit of Brazil international Willian and may bid again for the attacking midfielder in the January transfer window.

One of the club's principal targets during a characteristically frantic bout of trading last month, the 24 year old would already be a Tottenham player had it not been for a disagreement over the schedule of payments on a €30 million (Dh138m) transfer.

The National has discovered that Shakhtar Donetsk accepted Tottenham's club-record fee for Willian after an extended period of negotiation in which the Ukrainian champions refused to lower their asking price for a player who had also attracted offers from Chelsea and Benfica.

Daniel Levy, the Tottenham chairman, proposed paying the fee in five instalments, a relatively standard approach for such a high-value transfer. Shakhtar refused, asking for €15m upfront and the balance in December.

Levy then came up with an alternative offer matching the schedule of payments to those due to Tottenham for Luka Modric's €30m plus €8m switch to Real Madrid, but Shakhtar elected to hold onto the player.

Andre Villas-Boas, the Tottenham manager, will assess the development of his new eam in the coming months before making a final decision on whether to request a further formal approach for Willian, who would welcome the opportunity to join a Premier League club.

"I have a proposal, but it is complicated because of the board," said Willian in August. "Here are many players in the same position, most Brazilian. They buy and do not let go. That's the problem. Everyone knows that I want out, I'm here for five years, won many titles, so I hope you respect my will."

Any January approach for Willian would represent a third consecutive attempt by Villas-Boas to sign an individual comfortable behind the centre forward or on the wing. Last winter the Portuguese coach was instrumental in Chelsea's failed attempt to sign him.

We've a lot bigger priorities than blowing £15m on another winger IMO (CM and upfront primarily).

Back