• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Against Arsenal I'd play:

..........................Lloris
Walker....Dawson....Vertonghen....Ekotto
Lennon...Parker..........Dembele......Bale
......................Holtby..............................
..........................Adebayor.....................

Such a shame that we'll miss Kaboul and Sandro for this one.

Same. I know Holtby works very hard and can plant himself on Arteta when we don't have possession. Lennon has to try and get up and support as much as possible, he should have a straight battle with Monreal, as I don't expect Podolski to come back too often.

Bale to float and just cause mayhem whenever he can. No danger of him being double teamed in this one.

This is a massive NLD, that's for sure, I think if we lose it that will probably make them favourites to get 4th but if we can get a win or even a draw I think we'll still be favourites.

Let's not forget, this isn't the arsenal of old that brushes lesser teams aside, they struggle to the bottom half of the league as much as we do now so there will be some dropped points somewhere along the line by both sides, lets just hope we don't drop more than them!

Media and fans are fickle. If Arsenal get a result against Bayern the headline will read Wenger proves his critics wrong. Undoubtedly the best result is a hammering that will render the 2nd leg meaningless and compound their misery.

I suspect they'll scrape a 1 nil or 2-1 win.

As much as I would love them to get mullered 2mor.. would it not be better to lose 2-0 or something and still need to play there strongest 11 in the 2nd leg only to go out anyway.. not that I care really. 2 x 6-0 stuffings would be fine by me too ;)

I fully expect Bayern to knock out Arsenal, but in terms of the battle for fourth, it is very much on. Arsenal are still a good Premier League team. Yes they have considerably dropped from what they were in the last decade or so. But we are only competitive with them, not miles ahead by any stretch of the imagination. Offensively they will be able to cause us a lot of issues at the Lane if we are not 100% up for it.

The midfield trio might be lacking that tenacity without Song (Although Wheelchair has some for sure), but the quality of Arteta, Cazorla and Wheelchair is in no doubt. Walcott has shown in the past he can always cause us problems. Podolski has genuine quality. And Giroud has scored a fair few and can be a handful.

They suffer from a lack of a leader, much like us at times. But without Bale, I think they would be perhaps even comfortably better than us right now. That's probably on how we are currently performing offensively. What we need is a game where we are all switched on from the go and really at them. I really do hope we will be a team desperately wanting to right some wrongs and in particular the 5-2 trouncings.

I really hope we play Holtby in this game. I feel with him being his tenacious self, it will allow us to really compete v their 3. Parker, Holtby and Dembele should be quite ferocious. Holtby wouldn't allow Arteta time to settle on the ball which is important.

I really do hope Benny and Walker don't have one of their self destruct games. If we keep Walcott and Podolski in check then I feel we are free to cause them absolute mayhem the other way, which I know we absolutely can. If Defoe is back, I do wonder what AVB will be thinking. Whether to go 2 up top. I hope he plays Ade. I remain confident that he will prove a lot of people wrong in this game.

Weeks away, and I'm already buzzing for this NLD.

yep, here's hoping hey :)

I'd also like to offer a point - Woolwich are a bunch of scummy ****s

Thank you sire! In a virtual morass of well argued, finely constructed and highly detailed points, your succinct comment gets my vote.

If they got rid of Wenger at the end of this season then who knows depending on the managerial merry-go-round they might end up with a Mourinho or an Ancelotti, and i certainly wouldnt want that

If they got rid of Wenger it would mean they missed out on CL football... If they miss out on CL football, they will struggle to get big name managers. I would hate Moyes to get that job, but I think if they get rid of Wenger, Moyes is the type of name that'll consider going to Arsenal.

There's no way in hell Mourinho would go there. He wants to win things, he's not going to go somewhere that only wants 4th. He will want money... He won't want to give the squad the complete overhaul it needs because the players they try to sell are on way more money than anyone else will pay them. It's just not workable short term, Mourinho doesn't want to wait 3 years to be able to challenge for things.

But if Arsenal come 5th or 6th, it would be madness for Arsenal to even bother Mourinho with a job offer. Why would one of the best managers in the world go to a club like that? They'd have more chance of signing Ronaldo than signing Mourinho.

If they got rid of Wenger it would mean they missed out on CL football... If they miss out on CL football, they will struggle to get big name managers. I would hate Moyes to get that job, but I think if they get rid of Wenger, Moyes is the type of name that'll consider going to Arsenal.

There's no way in hell Mourinho would go there. He wants to win things, he's not going to go somewhere that only wants 4th. He will want money... He won't want to give the squad the complete overhaul it needs because the players they try to sell are on way more money than anyone else will pay them. It's just not workable short term, Mourinho doesn't want to wait 3 years to be able to challenge for things.

But if Arsenal come 5th or 6th, it would be madness for Arsenal to even bother Mourinho with a job offer. Why would one of the best managers in the world go to a club like that? They'd have more chance of signing Ronaldo than signing Mourinho.

you make a good point, however Arse are sitting on a mini fortune waiting to be spent, the latest figure doing the rounds is 70 mill. That could be tempting to someone like Mourinho to help make 3 or 4 key signings in order to challenge for the title. One season without CL football might not bother him because he is confident in his own abilities to quickly get them back in it for the following year.

The thing is, i dont see Fergie leaving Utd for another 2 or 3 years. The Barca connection at City are apparently not keen on Mourinho, and will Abramovich swallow his billionaire pride and ask Jose to go back to Chelski?? If Mourinho wants to come back to English football then i dont see too many openings. Arse, CL or not, might represent a challenge for him. Its not as if they are a small club

you make a good point, however Arse are sitting on a mini fortune waiting to be spent, the latest figure doing the rounds is 70 mill. That could be tempting to someone like Mourinho to help make 3 or 4 key signings in order to challenge for the title. One season without CL football might not bother him because he is confident in his own abilities to quickly get them back in it for the following year.

The thing is, i dont see Fergie leaving Utd for another 2 or 3 years. The Barca connection at City are apparently not keen on Mourinho, and will Abramovich swallow his billionaire pride and ask Jose to go back to Chelski?? If Mourinho wants to come back to English football then i dont see too many openings. Arse, CL or not, might represent a challenge for him. Its not as if they are a small club

Thing is 70 million is no longer a fortune, you may get two or three decent players, you think even Mourinho could turn round Arse with just 3 new players?

Thing is 70 million is no longer a fortune, you may get two or three decent players, you think even Mourinho could turn round Arse with just 3 new players?

Exactly, Cheat$ki and City will probably spend another 70 million over summer

A new manager would change their style, get rid of half the squad, 70 million might get them back in CL spot contention, but certainly won't improve their results significantly.

To attract a top name manager who's goal would be to win, they would probably need to double that amount.

The other big problem the Scum would have if Wenger left is the press/fans would ride the new manager much harder (any other manager would have been fired for Wenger's results over last 3-4 years)

I can see Mourinho going to PSG for a few years until Fergie moves on. That is the job he really wants.

Don't know whether anyone has posted this video of Wenger's recent press conference. Remarkably uncharacteristic; he looks on the verge of losing it big style before he eventually calms down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21498386

Actually, fair play to him, really; I almost don't hate him in that video. I always like to see someone telling these press tossers where they can fudging get off.

Don't know whether anyone has posted this video of Wenger's recent press conference. Remarkably uncharacteristic; he looks on the verge of losing it big style before he eventually calms down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21498386

Actually, fair play to him, really; I almost don't hate him in that video. I always like to see someone telling these press tossers where they can fudging get off.

When Wenger asks the journo why he's looking at him and the guy replies 'it's your press conference' :lol:

What's so intriguing is that Wenger very often manages to get them moving at their best after their biggest fudge-ups/his biggest 'crisis' points, but in recent years it hasn't always gone to plan. I hate to say it, but I think they will get a result in Munich...

But the Premiership is absolutely teetering for them. And thanks to the overreactive media, every point dropped is just getting howls of abuse. He is under more pressure than ever, and it really does feel as if he will finally bow out of the top 4 if we do the right thing and beat them. Everything is set up for us (Sandro and Defoe injuries excepted) as our manager is calm, cool, collected and undistracted with not nearly the same weight of expectation, yet we have a player who is unstoppable right now regardless of the system set-up to contain him.

I know we always say it, but frankly, I cannot remember a more important derby in years.

Maybe this is a deliberate ploy by Wenger to create the seige mentality in his squad he's exploited in the past. He has been around long enough to know how the press works and not to expect any favours when things don't go to plan.

70 mill? could significantly strengthen their spine imo

Reina - 12 mill

Alderweireld - 10 mill

Moutinho - 23 mill

Strootman - 15 mill

Villa - 13 mill

thats around 73 mill... more experience, power, and presence.

Back